Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Typical
#101 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 7:59 PM
Yoinks, I never noticed that. Thanks for the tip Delphy...!
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#102 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 7:56 PM
MissingStudios: Adding a theme wont increase server load - it will, however, increase my time and effort to do it. Considering that a number of people have suggested new themes, why not go ahead and put a thread in Site Issues and you can talk about it there, and others can chip in? Then I can say yay or nay, or at least have it on the back burner.

Digitalchaos: While thats certainly a nice idea, it would require a place to actually store the "updates" in the database. What you could do, though, is what I have done with CTU and other programs - use the [ infobutton ] vbcode to hide the changes behind a spoiler, and use [ header 1 ] to highlight it. Like so:

Changelog

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#103 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
MissingStudios: Adding a theme wont increase server load - it will, however, increase my time and effort to do it. Considering that a number of people have suggested new themes, why not go ahead and put a thread in Site Issues and you can talk about it there, and others can chip in? Then I can say yay or nay, or at least have it on the back burner.

Okay - I'll give it a shot You will see the new thread within a few days

Missingstudios.com Movies,Info,Downloads,Games And More!
http://www.missingstudios.com/image...s/ms_468x60.jpg
http://www.missingstudios.com
Field Researcher
#104 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 9:19 PM
Would it be possible to be able to filter between Sims 2 and Sims 3 threads in the Creator Feedback Forum?

If we could have an option to see either one or both at our choosing, that would be wonderful.
#105 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 9:21 PM
^^Seconded^^

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#106 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims3Addicted
Would it be possible to be able to filter between Sims 2 and Sims 3 threads in the Creator Feedback Forum?

If we could have an option to see either one or both at our choosing, that would be wonderful.

You already can. Each thread is tagged with a Sims 3 or Sims 2 category. You can click on that (or use the dropdown at the bottom) to only show threads in that one category.

Field Researcher
#107 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 9:53 PM
Oh wow, so you can! Thank you for the tip.
Site Helper
#108 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 11:22 PM
This is kind of minor, but since we have a community tab at the top of most of the pages where S2C is being mentioned anyway (I don't go to Downloads, so I don't know if you see it there or not, but you do get it everywhere else) Do we really still need a quick link for it?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#109 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 11:27 PM
Ghost: What do you mean quick link? If you mean the links that appear in the "My Links" menu - well, those are ones you yourself add in.

Test Subject
#110 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 12:14 AM
@Delphy: I've posted my suggestion: here. Hope you like it.

Missingstudios.com Movies,Info,Downloads,Games And More!
http://www.missingstudios.com/image...s/ms_468x60.jpg
http://www.missingstudios.com
Field Researcher
#111 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 12:52 AM
I'm not really sure if this has been suggested or not but this is my suggestion: In the 'Create' Tab we have 'Creating for...' then Sims 2/3 etc. Then under Sims 3 there's 'Specific Sections' like: Building, Pattern, etc. Can we have the same for downloads?
For exampled under Downloads>Sims 3 we can have the sub categories:
Sims
Patterns
Lots & Housing
Create-a-Sim
Buy Mode
Build Mode
Game Mods
Miscellaneous
Programs and Utilities
MTS' Top Items

Instead of having to go to the Downloads page then clicking a sub category. But still be able to click the 'Download' button and have the original Download page that shows most recent downloadable items.

There are three sides to a story:
Your side, the other person's side and the truth.

The Sims Cubed
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#112 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 12:59 AM
You mean like this?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
#113 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
You mean like this?

That makes sense. I never noticed that.

There are three sides to a story:
Your side, the other person's side and the truth.

The Sims Cubed
Theorist
#114 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 2:15 AM
I don't know if this has already been said but.. you know how you can change colours on your page but only if you have 10 uploads or more?I think maybe it should be 5 uploads or more? I don't know was just wondering.
Mother Function
retired moderator
#115 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 2:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ZimZ
I don't know if this has already been said but.. you know how you can change colours on your page but only if you have 10 uploads or more?I think maybe it should be 5 uploads or more? I don't know was just wondering.

I think that'd upset those who worked really hard to get 10+ accepted uploads

{okay not really....but whatever}

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Banned
#116 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 3:01 AM
Hmmm I was just thinking about this the other day...could we have a link or a button that takes us to a random download? It would be nice because most of the time when I download, I'm not looking for a specific thing.

Also, I don't know if this is just me, but when I'm on a creator's profile and they have a bunch of different categories of downloads, and I just want to look at Body Shop, so I click on the Body Shop link, and it brings me to the page that SHOULD have all the Body Shop downloads from this creator, it shows absolutely nothing.

Did that make any sense? I'm having a hard time explaining.
Mother Function
retired moderator
#117 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 3:04 AM
Wow superclova, great minds think alike! I was just about to edit my post to ask about that.

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#118 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 3:32 AM
It shows nothing because you have got your default set to sims 2 or 3. Click on the Sims2 or Sims3 Icon. Then you can see the downloads in the category. The uploader probably only has Sims2 bodyshop stuff. You have to be browsing the correct game. I was puzzled at first also, when we added the Sims3 downloads. :p

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Banned
#119 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 3:41 AM
Oh ok. Haha, now that I think about it, that's kinda obvious.
Field Researcher
#120 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 5:09 AM
Here's a small one:

Until this thread, I had no idea about "My Links". And I had to search around to figure out what on earth people were talking about. When I finally found the "Edit Quick Links" page and added a link, suddenly, the "My Links" showed up.

Could it be made to show even if you have no links, and just have the "Edit My Links" option? I would have been using it for some time now had even I known it existed. And having an empty menu sitting there would have shown it as an option.

Diving into delerium yet again.
Mad Poster
#121 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 9:02 AM
Hmmm, this is just a random thought, but I think it might help communication. How about a little mood icon that appears just below the user's userpic and info on a post? It would work similarly to the icons for topics, but since you can't see the icons for replies (even though the option is still there?) it might be useful so that people can tell what your mood was when posting, mainly so that they can more accurately judge what may seem to be a harsh statement or what-have-you. Perhaps the already-existing post icon system could be in some way cloned and modified to work with each individual post, and with more emoticon-like images (IE: "Mood: happy/sad/angry/thoughtful/calm/etc.")

I know sometimes I have trouble telling soemone's mood from their post, so this might be helpful, at least to me. just an idea though.

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Typical
#122 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 10:01 AM
Or maybe *when posting the comment* you choose the mood you're in at that time.
Unless of course that's what you meant and I missunderstood.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#123 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 10:11 AM
Rapsheba, lewjen: I have 4 words for you.

This is not Livejournal.

tlynnjpeg, Hrm thats probably a good idea.

Site Helper
#124 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 5:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Ghost: What do you mean quick link? If you mean the links that appear in the "My Links" menu - well, those are ones you yourself add in.

No, I mean like this one: S2C

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Banned
#125 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 6:38 PM
I'd like to see more creator challenges. This one going on now, didn't really strike me as a "real" challenge. I remember the days when creator challenges were very commonplace here, and we all had a lot of fun with them.
Page 5 of 15