Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 4:26 AM
Default Sims 2 Seasons Designer Walkthrough
As per the new article on the S2C blog, you can now see the new designer walkthrough video on the official site.

Discuss it here!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 4:41 AM
The snow doesn't appear to be normal. XD
The snow angels are a bit "fake" or "artificial".
The shape is just too "clean" in a way.

But again, like the designer has said, it gave them quite a hard time. :P

Live for today, learn from yesterday, and dream of tomorrow.
A being under construction -- Even so, come.
Test Subject
#3 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 7:41 AM
hm, the ep looks fine to me. now i´m curious how this will affect hacks like the gardening hack or the radiance light mod (if i remember the names of the hacks correctly) - as the dev said they added new lights and colours. guess i´ll find out when i installed it. :D
#4 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 12:57 PM
The ep really looks great . The video didn't show any new stuff, and it missed out quite a few important things, but the quality is top notch. I agree on the snow angels, but they still look quite good and the detail in the snow itself is great

In less than two weeks... ... ... :D
*happy*
Test Subject
#5 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 2:12 PM
I keep tryyyyying to view it, but it just won't let me Doesn't matter whether it's high or low res, whether I run Active X or not (whatever Active X is)
Forum Resident
#6 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 4:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Blue Wave
I keep tryyyyying to view it, but it just won't let me Doesn't matter whether it's high or low res, whether I run Active X or not (whatever Active X is)

I think because a lot of people are viewing the video, the bandwidth may be taken up and so the video streaming becomes slow.

So here how I viewed the video.
I opened the page with firefox and paused the video.
I left the browser to load the video file (slowly) and watched after 10 min or so later once it was finished loading.

Live for today, learn from yesterday, and dream of tomorrow.
A being under construction -- Even so, come.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#7 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 6:00 PM
I've been trying to view it for days. All I get is the broken quicktime icon. QT works fine with other videos. Hmmm.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 6:55 PM
For those that can't see it, here's a youtube video of it that was posted there a couple days ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNwzFqoHKRc
#9 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 7:20 PM
wow it looks awesome. i love the way it leaves a trail when the sims walk through the snow!!!
Test Subject
#10 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stylequeen
wow it looks awesome. i love the way it leaves a trail when the sims walk through the snow!!!

Haha! yeahhhh... that wasss pretty awesome I love the way the snow looks perioddd I didn't have sound during the video (on youtube), which kinda suckeddd, but whatever. I liked the gift giving part... that'll be fun, because you can give totally random crazy stuff... lol :D
Field Researcher
#11 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 8:46 PM
Oh yeah! That was wonderful. I didn't really see anything wrong with the snow angels... they looked "simmy" to me.

I want a sim of that guy in my game...
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 9:00 PM
Do I see a newborn Hunter-fan?

I thought the trails weren't looking so good. It looked like they were floating a little bit above the snow cover..
Instructor
#13 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by discordkitty
For those that can't see it, here's a youtube video of it that was posted there a couple days ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNwzFqoHKRc

thank you so much! I wasn't able to watch it on the main site. I even downloaded it, but when I tried playing it I got the message: "couldn't open file because bad public movie atom was found in the movie." whatever that means...

It looks really good and I really hope it doesn't end up having tons of bugs! I loved how there can be giant snowball fights
Field Researcher
#14 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 12:39 AM
I watched it.. I'm eagerly awaiting the release... and yes, I will be getting it ASAP... bugs glitches and all...

The snow angel issues? Didn't notice it wasn't 'realistic' ... I mean.. its the sims..

And with the gift giving.. AWESOME idea... I wonder if you can 'gift' a car... say.. to a teen when they go from child to teen? :D

Yup... Im excited by the idea... and seasons is something I have been wanting since.. what was it called again.. House Party?

Peace

I am not bigoted for race, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, or age... I do, however, have a big problem with stupidity, and stupidity knows no boundaries.
Inventor
#15 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 12:49 AM
It looked awesome! I really don't care if its buggy, I want it! I love everything in the preview. Plus, I love the new hair styles.:D
Instructor
#16 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 1:07 AM
Looks totally cool! I'm afraid I'll have to give up my gunmod's lighting hack, though Anyway, it's definetely worth it. Also, I didn't think MxoidHunter was so young, I expected him 40 something, he looks like he's in his early thirties. You know, impressions you get reading posts on the internet.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 7:47 AM
OMG I really cant wait for this, I want it now.
#18 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 5:06 AM
I am bouncing up and down - also, they said they had new glass walls and roofs.....I am eager to see how they are implemented.

Also, the pools are now designed to be recolourable. I do wonder when they will add in rounded walls, and not just pools.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 1:34 PM
thanks, inkbottleblue. I've been trying for days to get that to play but it wouldn't. I couldn't get sound tho. There appeared to be a slight lag in the winter season but nothing too drastic. I liked the old barn I could see behind the house. I can see the fish swimming and was wondering if you could fish all year? I thought the pond might freeze for skating purposes.
Test Subject
#20 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 10:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spithead
thanks, inkbottleblue. I've been trying for days to get that to play but it wouldn't. I couldn't get sound tho. There appeared to be a slight lag in the winter season but nothing too drastic. I liked the old barn I could see behind the house. I can see the fish swimming and was wondering if you could fish all year? I thought the pond might freeze for skating purposes.

I think I heard (or read) somewhere that the ponds dooo freeze if it gets cold enough, but I don't think you can skate on them. I could be wrong though
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 4:02 AM
wow! I am super excited for this!!
Scholar
#22 Old 21st Feb 2007 at 6:32 PM
looks cool although i find it funny that a maxis person still cant get his lay out right so sims can get around with out getting trapped...see about 3:15 in the movie (the woman pool side gets trapped by the table and chairs..stupid sims)

question ...for winter i know they need to bundle up but i cant find it now..is it a new layer (like just adding a coat to their normal outfit) or is it a new outdoor out fit you can choose or is it both? now if we can choose a new layer anyone have any ideas on how that will work or if it wont with fan made meshes? cause i know most peopel probably use custom meshes for everyday outfits like i do will we be forced to use maxis ones if we ever want our sims to not freeze in winter?

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Field Researcher
#23 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 7:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dragon_tfm
looks cool although i find it funny that a maxis person still cant get his lay out right so sims can get around with out getting trapped...see about 3:15 in the movie (the woman pool side gets trapped by the table and chairs..stupid sims)

question ...for winter i know they need to bundle up but i cant find it now..is it a new layer (like just adding a coat to their normal outfit) or is it a new outdoor out fit you can choose or is it both? now if we can choose a new layer anyone have any ideas on how that will work or if it wont with fan made meshes? cause i know most peopel probably use custom meshes for everyday outfits like i do will we be forced to use maxis ones if we ever want our sims to not freeze in winter?

In the hopes of setting some fears to rest on the custom items issues...

On the main site, I found this:
Quote:
"And content creators should love that your new object, building, and clothing creations will work with our weather effects too. Your retextured objects can be covered in snow, and your custom Outerwear will keep you warm just like our original items will."

So, it looks like custom content will be fine...

Peace

I am not bigoted for race, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, or age... I do, however, have a big problem with stupidity, and stupidity knows no boundaries.
Test Subject
#24 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 10:42 AM
Quite interesting to watch-I like the new water slide (I think I saw the composting bin too). Also converted it in iTunes so I can watch the walkthrough on my iPod.