Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 4:11 PM Last edited by Kabuto : 4th Jun 2008 at 5:43 PM.
Interaction Queue : How to get diiferent result ?
Hi,

I'm still working on the tattoo salon chair, I have an entry in the pie menu which allow me to choose the tattoo that I want to apply on a sim but when I click it the action go in the left-top corner of the screen in the action queue.

1) I want when I select a tattoo, the choice is directly applied without waiting in the queue ! How can I do it ?

2) When the object is in use, I want to be able to add this action in the current action queue (like when a sim watch TV and you tell him to change the channel) because I want to apply several tattoos while the sim is still sit on the tattoo chair. How can I do it ?

2b) How can I know if there is something in the current action queue before to exit the makeover action ?
Advertisement
The ModFather
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 4:29 PM
1) You can do that checking the flag "Immediately", for the selected interaction, in the TTAB. But be careful: the interaction that are set to run "immediately" must not contain any Idle lines or Dialogs, nor any other code that returns a result, or you will get an error like "Check tree blocked completion".

2) You can nest the interaction like in the TV using the related options in the TTAB.
The main interaction (e.g. the "Watch TV" in your example) must be set as "Allow nest", and the secondary interaction ("Change Channel") must be set to "Nested".

But there is a little (solvable) problem: an interaction can be either nested or not nested, but it can't be both, depending on a check ("Object in use?").
Therefore, I suggest to create *two* lines in the TTAB, one nested and one not; then assign to them a Guardian that checks whether the object is in use and allows/disallows the interactions accordingly.

2b) In order to "read" the queue, you can use the "My ci: current interaction index" and "My ci: Next interaction Index". These functions return the "index" (i.e. the line in the TTAB containing the interaction) for the interaction currently running and for the first one queued up.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 5:48 PM
Ok, thank you !

I'll try your instructions this weekend !