Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 6:36 PM
Default 2 new sims
Hi

I just made 2 new sims, one being a period-specific (flapper) and the other being a regular sim. I just wanted your opinions on them, especially on the flapper sim, because I want her to be historically-accurate.

I have the pictures of them attached below.
Screenshots

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 3:12 PM
I have NO idea how Sims are judged for upload, but these two are very pretty
Field Researcher
#3 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 3:23 PM
You got the style down for the flapper. The short bob and dress fits the time period.

As for the second sim, she also looks good. I really like her nose for some reason.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 10:48 PM
All I know about sims and MTS is they are all about the face sculpt. They will want close up front and side and I think also one shot without any makeup-so they can really see the face sculpt.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Apr 2016 at 3:55 AM
They both got rejected when I submitted them lol.

Apparently they weren't unique enough, but the thing is I feel like if I try to be TOO bold and TOO unique the sims won't be as pretty.

Oh well. Back to the drawing board I guess.

My Claim to Fame
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Apr 2016 at 3:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tcbandie10
As for the second sim, she also looks good. I really like her nose for some reason.

I applied a ton of nose masks onto her and tried to sculpt it to be small and dainty, so that might be why

My Claim to Fame
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Apr 2016 at 4:03 AM
Either way, even if I do eventually get them accepted, I'm sure hardly anyone will be able to download the non-flapper sim because it uses donation NewSea hair, and I'm not allowed to include the mesh in the package, apparently. And I don't know if I'll get in trouble for hinting that they can snag it off of Paysites Must Be Destroyed in the download description

My Claim to Fame
Mad Poster
#8 Old 5th Apr 2016 at 7:08 PM
Try another hairstyle? Trapping (aka Jedpie) comes to mind since she always includes meshes. There are also very pretty hair by Lidiqnata on her site, and many of them her own, so meshes can be included. Your flapper girl looks as if she may use one of her hairstyles - there is a lot more there (and a section on the 1920's too).
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#9 Old 13th Apr 2016 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Averex
...but the thing is I feel like if I try to be TOO bold and TOO unique the sims won't be as pretty.

You'd be surprised. Look at pictures of real actresses or other "pretty" people. They usually have at least one distinctive feature, that may not be "pretty" on it's own, but when combined with the rest of the face, makes them striking.