Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

(UPDATE: 23-JUL-2016) Nectar Glass Replacement

by icarus_allsorts Posted 7th Jul 2014 at 7:52 PM - Updated 23rd Jul 2016 at 1:23 PM by icarus_allsorts : Mod Update

126 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 29 Feedback Posts, 96 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 6
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#101 Old 28th Dec 2014 at 6:18 AM
Thank for making a mod that gets rid of those Twilight vampire glasses!
(EA's ones glow in the dark)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#102 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 10:30 PM
I love this mod my sims look more like wine experts! I do have one issue though why is it making me pay for each glass i drink $30 to be exact.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#103 Old 19th May 2015 at 1:06 AM
XD
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#104 Old 30th May 2015 at 2:52 PM
Thank you so much! You're amazing :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#105 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 11:06 PM
My Monte Vista Italian Sims love this
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#106 Old 12th Sep 2015 at 4:35 AM
You are a stellar human being. Thank you, thank you for sharing all of your hard work. Also for being a sensei and guru on the NRAAS boards. Danka!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#107 Old 28th Mar 2016 at 1:42 PM
Thank you!
Instructor
#108 Old 24th May 2016 at 8:39 AM
I tried this mod with just WA and IP since the end of the mod description suggested that it might work, and I don't have LN installed. The glass is not positioned correctly during animations, and some animations seem to be missing. Here are some screenshots of the issues: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...677#post5024677

It would be amazing if this great mod can be made to work with IP.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#109 Old 25th May 2016 at 7:21 PM
THANK YOU
Lab Assistant
#110 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 1:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Butterbot
I tried this mod with just WA and IP since the end of the mod description suggested that it might work, and I don't have LN installed. The glass is not positioned correctly during animations, and some animations seem to be missing. Here are some screenshots of the issues: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...677#post5024677

It would be amazing if this great mod can be made to work with IP.

I've been having the same issue. I can't install LN because of the celebrity thing, and it's really annoying to have my Sims standing there like doofuses while the glass merges into their arm.
Test Subject
#111 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by madamebellanova
I've been having the same issue. I can't install LN because of the celebrity thing, and it's really annoying to have my Sims standing there like doofuses while the glass merges into their arm.

You can disable celebrities in the options, if that is all that is preventing you from installing LN.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#112 Old 21st Jun 2016 at 1:28 AM
Thank you! Now my Sims will look more sophisticated! ;-)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#113 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 6:53 PM Last edited by icarus_allsorts : 13th Jul 2016 at 12:05 PM.
@Butterbot @madamebellanova I've simplified the carrying animations for players with IP but not LN. It's not a 100% proper (if you look closely it looks like there is an invisible cup around the stem of the glass being held instead) but it's only for when sims are carrying the glass about and not when they actually drink from it (which should be now fixed as well). The problem was that the only glass holding animation provided in IP are specific to the pool bar, so without LN you'll have to settle with the base game glass holding animation instead.
EDIT: Turns out I was wrong, see my reply to Butterbot down below
Instructor
#114 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 12:45 AM
@icarus_allsorts

Thank you so much for tweaking the animations for IP--I was very excited to test this out when I saw the update! The "invisible cup hold" is not a huge problem if the rest of the animations are OK. Anyway, I just tried this in-game and noticed that the sim's arm would drop to their side immediately after picking up a glass from the tray, and again as they're about to enter the hot tub. The glass also clips a lot into their face when they drink in the hot tub. Outside of the hot tub, there are no drinking animation at all, just the arm drop.

Thanks again for looking into this!
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#115 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 12:03 PM
@Butterbot Thank you for your report. Upon further investigation, I have some bad news: without Late Night there simply are no drinking animations usable by sims with the Island Paradise cocktail glass except for the ones exclusively with pool bars. I had only tested with the Island Paradise cocktail glass object in my own game which does have Late Night installed, which meant the LN animations were automatically used on the IP glass.

This does mean that the mod does require Late Night to work after all despite my previous assumptions, and there isn't anything I can do about this since dealing with animations isn't something I know how to do to be honest. I'm really sorry for claiming otherwise before.

Btw, after checking it looks like the glass clipping when sims are drinking in hot tubs happens even with Late Night installed and with all the default Late Night bar drinks that come in cokctail glasses as well. I guess it's ironic that you caught this issue using this modified nectar glass since sims could never drink the default nectar glasses in hot tubs in the first place.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#116 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 10:50 PM
@icarus_allsorts

Ah, bummer. Many thanks for looking into this anyway and explaining why it's not feasible. This is nonetheless a great mod for those who have LN installed.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#117 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 7:18 AM
Does anyone have a list of the fruit colors so I can Taylor also your favorite nectar recipes
Instructor
THANKS POST
#118 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 5:38 PM
Hey is it possible to change the tuning in your mod so that I can keep the colour changes but with the original Nectar glasses and not the LN ones?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#119 Old 5th May 2017 at 9:43 AM
I love the colors
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#120 Old 8th May 2017 at 4:17 PM
thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#121 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 3:34 AM
Sippin time!
Test Subject
#122 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 4:52 PM
If I were to use this with the drinks at Around The Sims 3 (https://aroundthesims3.com/objects/..._drink_01.shtml) would it create any conflict?
Lab Assistant
#123 Old 25th Sep 2018 at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JustSome
If I were to use this with the drinks at Around The Sims 3 (https://aroundthesims3.com/objects/..._drink_01.shtml) would it create any conflict?

No conflict at all. ATS3's drinks are based on the juice that sims get from bars, whereas icarus' mod only affects the nectar glasses. ATS3 drinks are still served in the tumblr style glasses with this mod installed.
I have had this mod, together with ATS3's drinks installed in my game, for many years with no problems.
Hope this helps!

Sarah_Sims
NRaas Industries
Inventor
THANKS POST
#124 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 2:34 AM
Thank you for this!!! It's wonderful!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#125 Old 21st Dec 2020 at 12:47 PM
This is incredible
Page 5 of 6