Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Sep 2016 at 7:59 PM
Default Hand Tool in LIVE mode (Residential VS Community Lot)
I'm referring to the ability to move certain objects around the lot such as books while in LIVE mode. I thought this feature was possible on community lots but it's not showing up for me. So far I've tried a Hangout and Visiter's Allowed lot assignment. My question is, is this a feature of community lots too or just residential? And if it can be done on community lots, what special requirement(s) must be met to enable it? My purpose for this is because I created a restaurant and wanted it to be buffet style but there is no hand icon next to the cursor to move the meals where I want.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 22nd Sep 2016 at 8:23 PM
I suppouse you have to be owner, or at last participant, of the lot (until you use cheat or mod)

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Scholar
#3 Old 22nd Sep 2016 at 9:01 PM
I thought the hand tool in live mode was only for moving things into and out of inventory?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Sep 2016 at 9:49 PM
Forgot to mention my sim does own the lot and it's on a houseboat.

Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
I thought the hand tool in live mode was only for moving things into and out of inventory?

The hand can be used for that as well but also you can move certain objects around or drag it to place inside of something. Such as dragging empty plates to the dishwasher, uneaten meals to the refrigerator, books into the bookcase, trash into the trash bin.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#5 Old 22nd Sep 2016 at 11:17 PM
The hand tool does work on community lots, but it is very limited. Moving dishes and placing books in bookshelves is, unfortunately, among the things that are not possible. The books are taken care of by the clean-up routine that runs at 3am on community lots and having prepared dishes on them is not really part of the game and only possible through either modded stoves or premium content Store stoves and ovens, which are mods in a way, too.
Other items should be draggable, though, like paintings in the personal inventory, butterflies and beetles, seeds. If you can't do that either then there's something wrong.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Sep 2016 at 4:04 PM
Thanks everyone for answering.

Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
The hand tool does work on community lots, but it is very limited. Moving dishes and placing books in bookshelves is, unfortunately, among the things that are not possible. The books are taken care of by the clean-up routine that runs at 3am on community lots and having prepared dishes on them is not really part of the game and only possible through either modded stoves or premium content Store stoves and ovens, which are mods in a way, too.
Other items should be draggable, though, like paintings in the personal inventory, butterflies and beetles, seeds. If you can't do that either then there's something wrong.

Ok thanks, I couldn't remember what is or is not possible between residential and community lots. I'm just going to use Ani's The Business as Unusual Bistro mod which is ideal anyway.