Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Sep 2016 at 12:08 AM Last edited by psy_doge : 27th Sep 2016 at 10:31 PM.
Can't uninstall expansions
Ok so I had a base game with three expansions and a catalog. Later I wanted to uninstall expansions and install different instead. Tried uninstalling through control panel, but it didn't work - it said that I don't have enough rights. Tried with Admin profile, tried a lot of stuff. If I try to delete folders with expansions and then start the game, it's initializing error. Even when the game is deleted and then installed again, folders are still there, and stuff from expansions is in the game - half invisible, half laggy as hell (and deleting folders lead to initializing error again). No matter what I do, I just can't get rid of them.
Help me, please.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 28th Sep 2016 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by psy_doge
Ok so I had a base game with three expansions and a catalog. Later I wanted to uninstall expansions and install different instead. Tried uninstalling through control panel, but it didn't work - it said that I don't have enough rights. Tried with Admin profile, tried a lot of stuff. If I try to delete folders with expansions and then start the game, it's initializing error. Even when the game is deleted and then installed again, folders are still there, and stuff from expansions is in the game - half invisible, half laggy as hell (and deleting folders lead to initializing error again). No matter what I do, I just can't get rid of them.
Help me, please.

I would suggest the Wiki pages-game help- the sims3 -uninstalling. I couldn't explain it better.Good luck!
#3 Old 29th Sep 2016 at 11:43 AM
@psy_doge

Why did you want to uninstall expansion packs? If you play save game using expansion packs content, there will be possible corrupt or glitch.
Better clean uninstall all base game + Expansion packs then reinstall base game + Expansion packs you want, to avoid unexpected game behavior.

If you can't force uninstall EP via Control Panel, (I suspect this must be "Do not have sufficient access to uninstall") then you have to edit regedit.

I've never tried uninstall expansion packs, so you'd better follow the instruction precisely.

How to Uninstall All TS3 Games The links are dead, but you can take see the Registry code of each Expansion Pack tips from commenter below
Manually Uninstalling TS3 by EA

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland
dodgy builder
#4 Old 29th Sep 2016 at 1:00 PM
Why do that at all? Why not just use an anygamestarter? Like ralphaelninja's: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=499140
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Why do that at all? Why not just use an anygamestarter? Like ralphaelninja's: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=499140

Oh thank you for that thing!