Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 7:57 AM
Default Your favourite sites/creators for FREE content!
So, if you had to pick favourites out of completely free creators or sites, who would you choose? Note that this is ONLY 100% free creators and sites - no "donation" or pay items, even if they have some free stuff. MTS2 creators, other free site creators, and other free sites in general all welcome - just no pay/"donation" anything!

Thanks to pieridae for the thread idea.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Advertisement
#2 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 8:07 AM
My favorite creators are Nouk, (also her site) HysterialParoxysm (I love her sims and stuffs!) Bruno and Barcelonista for amazing makeups. Stefan for skins, there are lots of my favorite creators but I coudn't remember them all!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 8:25 AM
I love the talented creators from MTS2 (migamoo, HP (especially the fanseefem-thingy! I can't live without it!), fanseelamb, plastic box, bruno and many many others!).
All About Style is a lovely site.

I can't think of many, but I'm sure I forgot a lot of great free sites.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 8:51 AM
I actually organize most of my download folder according to the creator. :D
Here are my favorites:
(in no particular order)

Plasticbox - realistic lots made with Maxis content, great organization of space, functions beautifully in-game

Gromit - unique objects that are really well made such as the lovely skeletons

Helaene - I love her makeup and clothes

HystericalParoxsym, fanseelamb, Migamoo, Decorgal - without their line of sensible clothing, my poor sims would be stuck with either uncomfortable high heels or ugly Maxis clothing

Bruno - I mainly use his(?) formal dresses which have incredible detail

Hnote - (As far as I know the site is all free) Stylin' male formals

Kalynne06, animera - cute children clothes

numenor, Marylou - so many good things!!!

macarossi - beautiful plants, windows and door, incredibly high quality

oepu - Lovely skintones which I use as defaults and I also use her CAS face replacement

Ogularama - high quality stuff, I love them all

Kevinshope - his items will surely add realism to your game!

simwardrobe/paladin's place - love the hacks!

This is just to name a few. If I come up with more I will add them later.
retired moderator
#5 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 8:56 AM
I couldnt live without Ren's skintones (Louis from Sim Cribbling). Amazing-ness :D

Formerly known as boolPropped
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 9:25 AM
Of course, I love most of the stuff mentioned here, and think it's beautiful.

Paladin's Place - best place for all the things Maxis should have made - like a fish produce packing station, a fruit produce packing station, and a working candy machine. Not to mention Servo rechargers etc.

PG Sims One of the best places IMO for new gardening things - so many beautiful plants, and every time some new ones are released, I'm over there in a flash. Some beautiful fountains and garden lighting too.

Sims of Myth - Savant Immorata from MTS2's site, with all the harpies - I wait in trepidation for the new things released.

Avenida Sims Some gorgeous bedcovers, and really nice transparent tiles for floors. Clean lines with most of the stuff here.

There are many more, but these are the sites that dwell on my mind, and I hope for updates.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 6:17 PM
I have so many favorites, many of which have already been mentioned :D

Right now I want to let everyone know about corvidophile2 at MTS2. I've been downloading skintones, eye shadows and pets like crazy. He even has a kangaroo family!

pieridae
#8 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 11:42 PM
Sense I tend to go for mods my favorites are Numenor and Simwardrobe.com (I'm afraid I never learned the name (or Screen name, rather.) of that guy )
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 10:57 AM
modthesims2.com

it has all categories and all kind of sims downloads, and creative creators!!
I can't play the game, before checking the site!!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 6:52 PM
Well, I don't think they have any donations (at least not that I've noticed??) so my fave free site would have to be SAU (Sims Artists Union) . I absolutely love the hairs there, and even some of the outfits. I could not live without SAU hairs though.

There's also, of course, mts2 , and I would also say SimCribbling, and, last but not least, All About Style-- my number one stop for historical clothing downloads.
Test Subject
#11 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 9:56 PM
Pretty much all the CC I have comes from MTS2. My favorites there are migamoo, HystericalParoxysm, fanseelamb, linuslover30, and zoej.

Some of my custom defaults are from creators at DLMulsow's Sim Antics.
Test Subject
#12 Old 11th Oct 2007 at 5:58 AM
I love Holy Simholy's free stuff (they've got donation (pay) items too), tho the recolors I find are better than their originals.
All About style for period clothing.
Fanseelamb at MTS2 and Akeia Guinea (sp?) at TSR (they come up as freebies on rotation) for essential men's clothes.
MATY for hacks.
11Dots for great fences, though they haven't updated in ages
Neighborhood 99 has a bunch of Maxis Matching stuff.
And Living It Up.net had some great, simple recolors...though I think it's closed now. If anyone knows where that site's content might be hosted now, I'd appreciate a head's up.
Test Subject
#13 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 9:48 PM
Well my favorite is MTS2, but I really liked The Sims Mod Board, does anyone know if it is back up?
#14 Old 6th Dec 2007 at 7:29 AM
Definitely MTS2! :P
Field Researcher
#15 Old 10th Dec 2007 at 7:18 PM
Scholar
#16 Old 13th Feb 2008 at 6:56 PM
A lot of folk drool over the hairs of Peggy, Raon and Rose. Whenever I see pics of sims they're usually donning hairstyles of one of those 3 creators. I too have hairs from these creators. But in the end, I don't care what anyone else tries to counter with..

Nouk's hair textures (key word, textures) are THEE BEST this community has to offer..
I'd put up my game and all my EPs if someone cares to show otherwise....
#17 Old 18th Feb 2008 at 8:06 PM
openhousejack- tons of awesome clothing for ladies.

All About Style- It has an amazing historical collection.

Parsimonious- It has a ton of clothing and their theme list is helpful.

Enlaya- Her skintones are amazing.

Rose sims- It has alot of intresting body shop items in general.

XMsims(though I think it might be down now)- So many hair styles and they come in a ton of colors.
Test Subject
#18 Old 18th Feb 2008 at 8:41 PM
Parsimonious - not only for their great clothes but the houses are great too and the whole site is very well organized.

MTS2 - for just being amazing and having nearly everything you could want.

OMG cant think of any more at the mo, will have to go and check my downloads folder and edit later.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 19th Feb 2008 at 10:51 PM
Adele has not been mentioned?
Also, Ghanima Atreides, Problematique (/Flamingo/Bosie) in corporation with Bliss, definitely Nouk, Simguys, Decorgal, All About Style, plus MTS2 "essentials": HP, Fanseelamb, migamoo, Phaenoh (for replacements)... and many-many more.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 21st Feb 2008 at 8:17 PM
I think most pay items aren't any better than the free ones. They are just overrated.... But sometimes there are things I want from paysites too (the driveable spaceships, some Aikea Guinea stuff and some Rose and Raon hairs). And sometimes I just have a look in the booty.....
95% of what I donwload is free. If there was no booty I would say the best sites were:
MTS2 (the BEST of the best. You can find absolutely EVERYTHING there. Just as beautiful houses as the ones you pay for at TSR)
Noukiesims (excellent hairs. Much better than all the overrated paysitestuff. A lot of Peggy hairs are ugly as hell when you use them in the game).
Parsimonious (it has excellent clothes for the alternative sim: alien, gothic etc. And excellent makeup, lots and accessories. But I'm not overly fond of the hairs there except for one or two.....)
Insimenator (you always find varied stuff there. Everything. Even if it's not as big as MTS2 when it comes to content. But is insimenator totally free? I've seen links to pay meshes from TSR.....)
www.thesims2.ea.com (there are so many unique things there. All kinds of sims and clothes)

Hmm....
I cannot remember more sites from my head which are 100% free.

And I forgot allaboutstyle...... How could I?
Inventor
#21 Old 21st Feb 2008 at 8:19 PM
Yeah, Parsimonious has great room sets, too. And Phaenoh is the RULER of replacements! XD
Let's see... I also like simcasticdesigns.com for its matching recolors and whatnot. Quite useful.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 8:20 PM
MTS2 is the bomb. I get probably eighty percent of my CC from them. I also go to TSR (I have a subscription still) because their free stuff is pretty cool.

SunairSims, Parsimonious, All About Style, 11 Dots, and Sims 2 Play all rock out heartily, too. I absolutely cannot live without SunairSims clothes for women. They're unique, highly detailed, and gorgeous.

Blessings,
Jadzia
#23 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 9:48 AM
PARSIMONIOUS!

I've been to pretty much every download page, and I must say, Parsimonious is the best of all. Their objects are amazingly individual and quirky and always VERY high quality. Some things really aren't for me, too wacky etc. but others are perfect!
I'm sick and tired of seeing all those super-modern kitchens (Which in real life, almost nobody could afford) and all that boring simplistic stuff, and all the über-frilly stuff.... Parsimonious has things that are truly special.
AND the skins are great too, as are the houses (The best houses I have ever seen.) And the best thing about it all is, every object is explained so thoroughly! You're told what expansion packs you need, what caegory it's placed in and even more... every creator should tell you that because it sucks to search for overhead cabinets for hours only to find they're in plants or something!
So yeah, that's my song of praise.
Test Subject
#24 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 6:22 AM
Default Favorite sites for custom content
My favorites are:

Inlimite
simguys
#25 Old 11th Oct 2008 at 1:07 AM
MTS2!
The booty of course!
Page 1 of 3