Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2011 at 5:26 PM Last edited by Delphy : 29th Jun 2011 at 8:02 AM.
Default And we are back! (Updated 29th June)
Hi All, and welcome back from the long downtime. I'll go into a little more details in a bit, but first, in order to ease in the new servers, there are a couple of changes:

1. Guests are not allowed to download for the moment.
2. New uploads aren't working yet (nor is edit attachments) edit attachments is back!

Everything else *should* work, but if not, please let me know here. My priority now will be to get the edit attachments part working so people can update their files, and after that the upload queue.

Some things may be slower than before - specifically posting threads, but thats becuase I haven't fully optimised the site to run on the newer hardware so please be patient and I wish you a warm welcome back!

Regards
Delphy

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
36 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 28th Jun 2011 at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Hi All, and welcome back from the long downtime. I'll go into a little more details in a bit, but first, in order to ease in the new servers, there are a couple of changes:

1. Guests are not allowed to download for the moment.
2. New uploads aren't working yet (nor is edit attachments)

Everything else *should* work, but if not, please let me know here. My priority now will be to get the edit attachments part working so people can update their files, and after that the upload queue.

Some things may be slower than before - specifically posting threads, but thats becuase I haven't fully optimised the site to run on the newer hardware so please be patient and I wish you a warm welcome back!

Regards
Delphy

Yh, really great But for me it doesn't work when I click "search"? XD
Field Researcher
#3 Old 28th Jun 2011 at 5:33 PM
Will we have to re-submit anything that was in the moderation queue?

"I have asked the rocks, but the rocks do not recall. Even the rocks do not recall." -Samos the sage
Banned
#4 Old 28th Jun 2011 at 5:35 PM
I just joined now that the site is back! I dunno if it is supposed to work, but the bar at the top doesn't do anything when I click it. I can't find where to get an Avatar or anything, either (but I was sent to the place to do so when I had to agree to the rules before posting).
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 28th Jun 2011 at 5:36 PM
only the home page works for me. but ill try again 2mrw ^.^
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 28th Jun 2011 at 5:37 PM
None of the top menu tabs work except quick menu and home. I realize you are newly up and running but thought this might help.
Interstellar Traveler
#7 Old 28th Jun 2011 at 5:39 PM
*prepares self for massive outbreak of complaints* Im glad to see the site is back though

Formally SeeMyu | Retired Mod
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Jun 2011 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SwedishCupcake
Yh, really great But for me it doesn't work when I click "search"? XD

Sorry but "it doesn't work" isn't enough for me to go on. I need screenshots, specifically, as well as which search you are using.

One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#9 Old 28th Jun 2011 at 5:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FuzzyLogic
I just joined now that the site is back! I dunno if it is supposed to work, but the bar at the top doesn't do anything when I click it. I can't find where to get an Avatar or anything, either (but I was sent to the place to do so when I had to agree to the rules before posting).

Hi dear, how much will you pay me to keep quiet about your identity?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Banned
#10 Old 28th Jun 2011 at 5:45 PM
They siad "It doesn't work when I click search". Just like all the other comments, they mean that when they click "search"...it doesn't work.

There's nothing to take a picture of! :p

Also, clicking emoticons doesn't work either. And by that, I mean nothing happens. The Love/Disagree/Whatever buttons at the bottom of posts don't work, either. Seems like any buttons that aren't links are broken.
Test Subject
#11 Old 28th Jun 2011 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Sorry but "it doesn't work" isn't enough for me to go on. I need screenshots, specifically, as well as which search you are using.

uh.. okay :3 Can I film it with hypercam and then give you some sort of link for the clip?
Interstellar Traveler
#12 Old 28th Jun 2011 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FuzzyLogic
They siad "It doesn't work when I click search". Just like all the other comments, they mean that when they click "search"...it doesn't work.

There's nothing to take a picture of! :p

Also, clicking emoticons doesn't work either. And by that, I mean nothing happens. The Love/Disagree/Whatever buttons at the bottom of posts don't work, either. Seems like any buttons that aren't links are broken.

Well sense the site is just now back, not everything is going to work. Take a look at the big red header at the top of this thread.

Formally SeeMyu | Retired Mod
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#13 Old 28th Jun 2011 at 5:56 PM
Ho ho ho at some of the jokers in this thread....

How to report:

Quote: Originally posted by helpful user

Hi D, I see that the search box dropdowns are not - well, dropping down. I just see this link in the toolbar: http://www.modthesims.info/t/446870#navbar_search

In the meantime, try this.

SiteMap

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#14 Old 28th Jun 2011 at 5:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 4amMist
Will we have to re-submit anything that was in the moderation queue?

No, nothing has been lost. And anything we do lose won't be threads .

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Banned
#15 Old 28th Jun 2011 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simul8rReviews
Well sense the site is just now back, not everything is going to work. Take a look at the big red header at the top of this thread.

That wasn't there when I posted. And the first post says that everything "should" be working, and to report if things aren't, so I did.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 28th Jun 2011 at 6:00 PM
Sorry to interject, but happy birthday!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#18 Old 28th Jun 2011 at 6:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Perfectionist Gal
Why can I only see other people's images but I cannot see any one of my uploaded images? Will it be working after a while?

Some images may be broken right now when using the "static" shortcut. I'll need to run a maintenance script to fix those up which probably wont be till tommorow.

Mad Poster
#19 Old 28th Jun 2011 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseCity
Sorry to interject, but happy birthday!
Agreed! And I think you deserve a medal, D, for being so patient despite all the, "OMG when is the site coming back up?!!?!!!111?!?!?!" tweets!
Test Subject
#20 Old 28th Jun 2011 at 6:32 PM
When do you think Sexy Sims will be back online?
Alchemist
#21 Old 28th Jun 2011 at 6:45 PM
I'm happy it's *done* now But is it my PC or is it because of the Site working that the text appears weird to me, it appears as ''Bauhaus95'' ? O.o

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#22 Old 28th Jun 2011 at 6:46 PM
Just to report, there's nothing to report, everything seems to be working fine Oh and Happy Birthday D xx
Test Subject
#23 Old 28th Jun 2011 at 6:54 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/ibvtb8.jpg
http://i53.tinypic.com/dm8h7k.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/xas1s1.jpg

^ those are some pictures of what Mod the Sims looks like to me. Otherwise, youre doing a great job
Scholar
#24 Old 28th Jun 2011 at 7:32 PM
Everything"s working fine here, so far, apart of a few thumbnails not showing in S2 downloads but I guess it will be solved, just a matter of patience.. (served by www.modthesims.info )
Big THANK YOU for the hard and patient work, you will need a Deserved Birthday Break soon

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Test Subject
#25 Old 28th Jun 2011 at 7:45 PM
Default Thanks
Thanks for getting the website back on, i love this site!

Great work!!!!!
Page 1 of 6