Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 1:31 AM
Default I Want To Tweek A Mod
I'd noticed a sim have the option for a sponge bath, but it wouldn't show up after that. I found out that it was only available to 'Inappropriate' sims, but there was a mod available for Unrestricted Sponge Baths so I downloaded it. I wanted it for my WA adventurers who have been out for a while and are really disgusting to be around. This gives them an easy option to make themselves presentable before they "Report In".

Now that I've got it, I find it too cheaty. I'd like to tame it some so that it is only available when 'Hygiene" is below 10 and it only brings it up to 25. This way it will only be available to those really revolting sims, but it falls far short of a full shower or bath. It seems more appropriate that way.

I've got S3PE and I've edited it a few times (keeping a copy of the original), making wild guesses, but I have not had any luck. I've tried looking for tutorials, but all I can find are more generic ones that will teach me ALL about modding, without helping me zero in on what I need to do to tweek it. I have way too much other stuff to do, so I don't want to learn everything from scratch. All I want is a reference to a tutorial that tells me how to code for motive changes so I can edit the code to the 'Hygiene' specifics I mentioned above. I'm not even sure I'm posting this in the right place, but can somebody please help.

Gord - the Mad Doctor
One of the Puppy People Lying Naked in the Periwinkle
Hacking the Human Race (ie - recombinating marsupial genes so nudists can have pockets) any other requests?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 4:28 AM
"I'd like to tame it some so that it is only available when Hygiene is below 10" -> I don't think that's possible without creating your own custom interaction, you would probably have to inject your own spongebath interaction. The availability of the interaction is in the Test function of the interaction code, which defines the criteria for an interaction to be present on the menu, so you would have to have a check like if Actor.Motives.getValue(CommodityKind.Hygiene) < 10 to do that - though in actuality I think motives span from -100 to 100 or something like that. If you are interested in learning how to inject interactions you can look at http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp..._script_mod.pdf

The mod you referenced is just an ITUN file edit, which also has some checks like if a sim is a specific age or has some trait to allow/ deny usage. The sponge bath interaction is probably controlled by a loop, I don't know if you can make it stop exactly if hygiene is up by 25 without changing the code but you can try changing the ITUN to be an immediate delta instead of a continuous flow to see if that works and specifying a smaller actual value. It probably will just make hygiene gain slower. More on ITUN modding at http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...Explanation.pdf, this is easier than making a custom interaction as it requires no coding but has limitations.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 12:45 AM
Thanks for the info, but this is what I wanted to avoid, spending hours/days/weeks/months poring over coding tutorials that don't directly pertain to my situation. The only modding I've ever done was the coffee maker in Sims 1. Instead of giving you an energy boost, any gain was lost while you drank it, minus more energy because you had to empty your bladder right afterwards. I downloaded a modded version that ramped you up to full energy, which I felt was way too cheaty. I modded it to dramatically reduce the bladder effect, but give only a moderate energy boost, enough to keep the sim going for an hour or two so they can finish the task at hand. That is the limit of my modding experience. I used to program in BASIC, FORTRAN, COBOL but that was pre-Windows. I used JavaScript for some web-pages back around the turn of the century. I am way over my head, the the mod is a simple one and I just want help to tweak it a bit.

To recap, I don't have the time nor inclination to become a full-fledged modder, but my experience will help me grasp what is needed when I am put on the right trail. Again, thanks for the info. I may come back to it later.

Gord - the Mad Doctor
One of the Puppy People Lying Naked in the Periwinkle
Hacking the Human Race (ie - recombinating marsupial genes so nudists can have pockets) any other requests?