Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th May 2014 at 5:47 PM
Default 113 Wright Way - Double Flip
It amazes me that anyone would be willing to pay over $200,000 for a huge house - that has no room for a single car. Even more so, I'm amazed no one has done a renovation/remodel of this massive home and added a garage/carport/driveway/helipad... So, you know what sparked this project. As I was doing my assessment of the lot, I knew it would look awesome if I stick to the Spanish/Mediterranean Hacienda style and dubbed it a Veronaville flip. But then, it originally was put in Pleasantview, not Veronaville. So after some thinking, and extensive Googling, I ultimately decided I want to do a double flip - a traditional Pleasantview-friendly style and the Monty's Hacienda mansion, intended for the heir of the family (great for legacy stories).

Before anything else, can I upload something like this? I want to offer both versions in one post, with a furnished and unfurnished version of each. Because the lot is massive, should I split up the project?

Beyond that, I suck at doing anything CC free, so I won't attempt to do without. I suck at landscaping, but I want to learn and would like a landscaping mentor to critique and guide me when I get to that part. I have the floor plans for both versions (they're both different, I promise) planned out on graphing paper, and I'm looking for CC to suit each version. I don't expect to be done with this project anytime soon, but I will be working on it daily -
Advertisement
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th May 2014 at 6:22 PM
You can upload both furnished and unfurnished in one upload.

Personally I would keep your CC to a minimum as a lot of downloaders prefer CC free houses.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th May 2014 at 6:48 PM
I know. But I'm seriously handicapped when it comes to furnishing CC free. The colors Maxis items have are so ugly and it rare to find things that match my preferred color schemes. I can try not to go overboard, but CC free is impossible. As a perfectionist, the last time I tried to do a CC free home, I ended up deleting the entire megahood.

I'll post pictures of the rooms I've finished, and if you can, tell me what Maxis item is close to any CC I use and I'll substitute it.

Also, I meant since I'm doing two different makeovers of the same house at once, should I upload both versions together or separate?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th May 2014 at 7:22 PM
Default Samples
Here's what I'm aiming for in terms of finished product:

Veronaville - Monty Manor
Though you can't see the front of the house, this at least shows the style I'd like. I plan to use moune999's Torrox Build set. I want this version's theme to focus on family and generations. I might be able to pull this off with just build CC, since I care more about the family's comfort and daily life than looks.

Pleasantview - Federal Estate

Very traditional, American, and lots of bricks. It'll fit in with the renovations I've done to the Goth and Pleasant homes (brick front). I want it to be the focal point of the neighborhood and it's theme will be the American dream - being ridiculously wealthy! I'm drawing a ton of inspiration from HGTV in terms of finishes. I think I'll use a considerable amount of CC to pull off a high-end interior.

I'm also looking to Pinterest and Houzz for interior design ideas, so I'll post WCIF pics from those places.