Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 6:40 PM Last edited by sims 1 : 9th Aug 2014 at 7:55 PM.
Default TS2 Nuke Shelter All Expansions (underground structure as well)
I need to know if anyone would like to have this in their sims game before i upload it.

being nice to people has it's benefits and being mean or nasty has no benefit and your only hurting yourself in the long run.
if anyone want to make an angel like mine here is the wings link (blue eyes not included) sorry
http://modthesims.info/browse.php?tag=wings&f=38
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 7:05 PM
If anyone downloads this lot in the future, you can change the color and arrange it how you want it. it is built to be an underground recreation center as well as a pretend sim shelter from apocalipse. includes basement fully done as well as 2nd and 3rd floors. the 3rd floor is a cusion not a location

being nice to people has it's benefits and being mean or nasty has no benefit and your only hurting yourself in the long run.
if anyone want to make an angel like mine here is the wings link (blue eyes not included) sorry
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#3 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 7:49 PM
The images are not large enough to make any real judgement on. Top down images are very helpful, so we can see what's going on. If it is an underground shelter you would need dormitories, kitchens, and toilet facilities too.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by karen lorraine
The images are not large enough to make any real judgement on. Top down images are very helpful, so we can see what's going on. If it is an underground shelter you would need dormitories, kitchens, and toilet facilities too.

As far as dormitories, im guessing dormitories would only work for a college neighborhood properly. i did include laying down places. I cannot make a hotel because it would need to have a check in desk. I have a large kitchen and toilet facilities included and so far I don't know the correct coding to make the pictures show up big on this site. i know how to make the images larger but for some reason they only show up small until someone clicks on them thank you for your feedback, and can you tell me how i can make the images to show up larger on the site? i know it takes some coding i don't know how to input. all i know is how to upload the images. and once on the site they naturally get smaller for some reason.

Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#5 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 7:37 PM
They need to be bigger in the first place. It looks like you are using the ingame camera? Use a screenshot programme such as Fraps and then edit them in Photoshop or Irfanview (all of which are free).

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 7:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by karen lorraine
They need to be bigger in the first place. It looks like you are using the ingame camera? Use a screenshot programme such as Fraps and then edit them in Photoshop or Irfanview (all of which are free).

I got the images bigger thanks I used copy paste and edited all the photos

Pretty Space Pony
retired moderator
#7 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 8:08 PM
There's a difference between making images bigger physically and making images bigger digitally, if that makes sense. Your original pics were 400x300 pixels. By copy pasting them, the only thing you did was make them bigger physically, in other words, you stretched the 400x300 over a larger area, but that only makes them blurry. To make it bigger digitally, the original image needs to be something like at least 800x600 for us to see it clearly and give useful feedback. It's better to not use the in-game camera, instead take screenshots. You can either use the printscreen button and paste the screenshots in an editing program pic by pic, or use a program that takes screenshots and saves them automatically for you, such as Gadwin or Fraps. You can google those to see how they work.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 10:39 PM
Computers are pretty stupid. A standard bitmap image (which is what a jpg is, not just bmp files) is just really a collection of pixels. Imagine if you made a picture by sticking a bunch of beads or lego bricks onto a piece of elastic or rubber. When you stretched out the elastic or rubber, the beads move further apart. The computer tries to fix this by filling in the spaces, but with this kind of image it doesn't understand that it's made up of lines and shapes, to the computer it's just a bunch of pixels in different colours. The spaces get filled in with colours which are similar to the pixels which are close to them. When we look at this together, it becomes a mess, like someone just spilled the beads all over the canvas.

Like others have said, if you use a separate screenshot program, your images will be high quality in the first place, and they won't look so pixelated (and you won't have to make them bigger). Also, the largest camera size in-game produces reasonable quality pictures, not as good as a screenshot program, but good enough if you don't want to install anything extra. But you will need to be reasonably zoomed in, and it's also a good idea to switch all of your graphics to high for the duration of photo taking even if you turn them back again to play. Most computers these days can handle full graphics.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 2:29 AM
I can't tell what I am seeing Sims 1. Take a look at some large lots under downloads and you will see what we mean about clarity and size. You can't use the ingame camera but need a screen shot program. I use the free version of FRAPS. Download and open it and decide which key will take your shots. Then simply take pictures. The pictures all go to their own folder. From there I open them in GIMP and change them to a Jpg.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 5:52 AM
currently working thanks for your feedback

Pretty Space Pony
retired moderator
#11 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 8:48 AM
@simsfreq: That's a really useful metaphor, thank you! I will keep that in mind when I have to explain it to someone else next time, way easier than my silly explanation. I was thinking in terms of pizza dough, but this makes more sense :P
Mad Poster
#12 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:24 AM
Pizza dough works too. The design gets all distorted and blurred. My first thought was drawing on a balloon but that doesn't work.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...