Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fixed Maxis Bug: Apartment Lots ... any incoming calls?

by MogHughson Posted 28th Sep 2010 at 7:38 PM

18 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 28th Sep 2010 at 10:20 PM
Well spotted, and elegantly fixed! Great work, Mog. Thank you!
Test Subject
#3 Old 29th Sep 2010 at 4:20 PM
I've also experimented, on appartment lots, the cellphones disappearing when the sims are trying to answer the phone call. Will it fix it too?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 2nd Oct 2010 at 9:55 PM
Cellphones AND black pictures.
Quote: Originally posted by svt
the cellphones disappearing when the sims are trying to answer the phone call. Will it fix it too?

I have that same problem! I thought there was just something wrong with my game. Just like how all my pictures come out black. (Don't recall when or why that started happening though.) Even when my sims are painting a "press C to take a snapshot" type painting. :/ Wonder if anyone else has that problem, and even if there's a fix for it...
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Oct 2010 at 10:36 PM Last edited by MogHughson : 3rd Oct 2010 at 10:02 AM.
Re: the cellphones dissappearing, I'm not sure whether this will fix it, unintentionally I may have got lucky! I will try it out, but in case I don't have the problem to start with, can you run with boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true and send me the resultant error log. That way I can look into making a fix.

EDIT: So, the error that this mod fixes does not cause cell phones to dissappear - even after hitting this defect I still have my cell phone. So awaiting an error log for further investigation.

Re: black paintings, this won't fix that I'm sure. Do your black painting appear if you play a game with no CC? i.e. perhaps have a go with the AnyGameStarter?

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Scholar
THANKS POST
#6 Old 4th Oct 2010 at 5:56 PM
Thanks for this! By the way for others the way to fix the disappearing cell phones is to apply the latest patch to the game. If you use a no cd crack you can get a patched one at game copy world. Note that you have to have the orginal exe in place download and install patch. Then use the no CD exe if that is how you do things. Otherwise just apply the patch.
So nice to have the apt working right. Thank you again Mog.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 6:27 AM
Is this compatible with Pescado's aptfixes?
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by potatoehead
Is this compatible with Pescado's aptfixes?
If you provide me with a link to the fix(es) you mean - I will take a look and let you know.

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Field Researcher
#9 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 6:40 PM
Test Subject
#10 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 12:55 AM
It seems to conflict with twojeff's Schoolbus Hack. Not sure why.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 3:11 PM
This does not clash with either Pescado's AL fixes, or twojeff's Schoolbus hack.

Twisted_words: Can you provide whatever information you have that made you think it did? Did you run a conflict detection utility perhaps? Do you have the output that suggested the clash?

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 2:51 PM
Thanks for this... much much better than the "workaround" I found (give each sim a cellphone, the stuck call will ring through on the cell phone and unblock your phone, allowing the novel call to come through).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 1:47 AM
try typing in the cheat before you go into whatever house or family so that it will work i type in all the cheats that i need before i go in a family and i'm a beginner and u should be an expert but clearly we cant always stand up to u
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 1:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by minnie.mouse
try typing in the cheat before you go into whatever house or family so that it will work i type in all the cheats that i need before i go in a family and i'm a beginner and u should be an expert but clearly we cant always stand up to u
Hi there - can you expand a little more on what you mean? Which cheat are you referring to and what does it have to do with this mod?

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 11th Nov 2011 at 2:38 PM
Good ;D
Test Subject
#16 Old 10th Aug 2013 at 3:15 AM
in the photo where is the phone being used from?
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 31st May 2014 at 11:35 PM
This is a CRITICAL MOD FOR APARTMENT LIFE USERS. In my humble opinion, at least. Thank you for cleaning up after EAxis.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 19th Mar 2016 at 8:52 PM
Appreciate this! Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 24th Jan 2023 at 6:39 AM
Appreciate it!