Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Full House Mod - Increase your Household Size! [Still Compatible as of 1/25/18]

by TwistedMexi Posted 27th Sep 2014 at 6:11 PM - Updated 25th Jan 2018 at 5:29 PM by TwistedMexi

659 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 483 Feedback Posts, 175 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 2 of 27
Test Subject
#26 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 2:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TwistedMexi
No, you would have to try for baby while in a household with 7 or fewer sims.

Thank you, i just removed her from household and added her back. I still got the grey out on her portrait, but i clicked "just manage worlds" options and she was playable again.
Test Subject
#27 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 2:48 AM
You know, I can probably make the sim travel to your lot automatically. Expect an update tonight guys.

Thank you!, i will try that, if it's possible it would be awesome if i could add them by the family name (instead of their personal name) so the whole family is added or that you could just add more that 8 in manage households.. the reason is i personally use this a lot and it could be tedious doing it one by one, also because when i do it i normally want them to return to the house they were in before, so if i use delete them they would all get separated (maybe disapear?) and it would just be a mess i assume.

again, thanks for this mod!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 3:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by x0xblahrx0x
Thank you, i just removed her from household and added her back. I still got the grey out on her portrait, but i clicked "just manage worlds" options and she was playable again.

The new version should be up now, assuming MTS isn't taking it's time updating. It pulls the sim to your lot automatically.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 4:23 AM
Does this affect the limit numbers of people spawning on community lots? Ty great mod btw.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 5:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kuroneko20ocho
Does this affect the limit numbers of people spawning on community lots? Ty great mod btw.

Only if your entire household is present on the community lot. As the number of household sims on a lot goes up, the number of NPC's allowed goes down.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 5:59 AM
One question, if you install this but do a regular household, does it still effect the game if you have something like "Add households to empty homes" kinda thing, I know there is a vanilla switch in the games options...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#32 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 6:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mewfii
One question, if you install this but do a regular household, does it still effect the game if you have something like "Add households to empty homes" kinda thing, I know there is a vanilla switch in the games options...

If you're asking if the auto-households could end up with more than 8 sims, no. The only way a household ends up with more than 8 is if you use the command included with this mod
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 7:32 AM
aww. You think you'll be able to release a mod that can change the limit of sims in a community lot? would be super sweet. but great mode nonetheless.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 11:14 AM
谢谢
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 11:56 AM
Tanks i works great now!
Just one question: What happens if I add more than 24 sims?
An occasionally crash or some restricted game content? Or is this not possible?
Test Subject
#36 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 3:04 PM
Default Mükemmel
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 3:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zqw 10k
Tanks i works great now!
Just one question: What happens if I add more than 24 sims?
An occasionally crash or some restricted game content? Or is this not possible?

Well no, it's not a hard limit. Basically, as you add more sims, the system requirements goes up. So you need a better computer to run it. Basically, you can add as many as you like, but the more you add, the more sluggish the gameplay might get.

I figured 24 was a good stopping point since it's two full rows and honestly, it'd be crazy to try to maintain more than that in the household. I included the override just so you could go above my suggested limit if you wanted.
Test Subject
#38 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 4:45 PM
Well no, it's not a hard limit. Basically, as you add more sims, the system requirements goes up. So you need a better computer to run it. Basically, you can add as many as you like, but the more you add, the more sluggish the gameplay might get.

I figured 24 was a good stopping point since it's two full rows and honestly, it'd be crazy to try to maintain more than that in the household. I included the override just so you could go above my suggested limit if you wanted.

I see, with sluggish gameplay do you mean more often crash to desktops? Or lagg?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zqw 10k
I see, with sluggish gameplay do you mean more often crash to desktops? Or lagg?

Sluggish gameplay (lag), and then if you kept going, eventually a crash to desktop. Just whatever your computer can handle.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 11:26 PM
This is awesome! Is there any chance try for a baby will be an option for this mod some day? I want to have a herd of children with one of my families, xD.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 11:57 PM
I now have 16 Sims in the Household. Although the game plays smoothly, practically every Sim just stands still doing nothing. I constantly have to tell them what to do, which just isn't fun. Is it maybe because I use a mod with which you can change their aspiration and traits? I changed those of only one Sim.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#42 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 12:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Blue Keiko
I now have 16 Sims in the Household. Although the game plays smoothly, practically every Sim just stands still doing nothing. I constantly have to tell them what to do, which just isn't fun. Is it maybe because I use a mod with which you can change their aspiration and traits? I changed those of only one Sim.
Possibly, but you shouldn't need a mod for that? You can use cheats to change traits.

The autonomy heavily depends on your computer's capability. It's possible your hardware can't support 16 household sims at once time.
Test Subject
#43 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 11:42 AM
Possibly, but you shouldn't need a mod for that? You can use cheats to change traits.

The autonomy heavily depends on your computer's capability. It's possible your hardware can't support 16 household sims at once time.

Ah, I thought so. I moved the extra Sims back where they were, and going to try 9 Sims. Thanks for your help.
Test Subject
#44 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 5:55 PM
Hi!
First of all, thank you very much for such an amazing mod. Legacy is always my favorite game style.
Now, to my question. From what I gather, it seems that the mod doesn't let me edit the added sims, does it? What I am actually trying to do is to create a legacy family in which members' name start with different alphabet letters; therefore, the relationships are quite huge. It would be very sad if every time I add someone new and set him/her as a child of another sim then my household members get deleted to the number of 8. Please confirm.
Test Subject
#45 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 6:05 PM
Thank you for your awesome mod! But I have a little Problem. The Mod-box show up when I start the game, but there is no mod in it. I don't know what I've done wrong. I entpacked the 'tmex-fullhouse-experimental.zip' whit WinRAR in the 'unpackedmod' Mod folder. Could anyone help me? It's like my game didn't recordnize the mod. Thanks very much!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#46 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kylefangirl
Thank you for your awesome mod! But I have a little Problem. The Mod-box show up when I start the game, but there is no mod in it. I don't know what I've done wrong. I entpacked the 'tmex-fullhouse-experimental.zip' whit WinRAR in the 'unpackedmod' Mod folder. Could anyone help me? It's like my game didn't recordnize the mod. Thanks very much!

Don't. Just save the .zip file directly to your Mods folder.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#47 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by oceannguyen
Hi!
First of all, thank you very much for such an amazing mod. Legacy is always my favorite game style.
Now, to my question. From what I gather, it seems that the mod doesn't let me edit the added sims, does it? What I am actually trying to do is to create a legacy family in which members' name start with different alphabet letters; therefore, the relationships are quite huge. It would be very sad if every time I add someone new and set him/her as a child of another sim then my household members get deleted to the number of 8. Please confirm.

Correct, due to the game's expectation of never exceeding 8 sims, some features will not load the additional sims, including CAS. Unfortunately I have no control over that.

The workaround would be to separate them to a different household, edit them, and add them back in - I know this isn't ideal but it's the only option.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 12:09 AM
Test Subject
#49 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 3:13 AM
Correct, due to the game's expectation of never exceeding 8 sims, some features will not load the additional sims, including CAS. Unfortunately I have no control over that.

The workaround would be to separate them to a different household, edit them, and add them back in - I know this isn't ideal but it's the only option.

Well, I guess it's worth the efforts. Thanks again and please keep up the good work!
Test Subject
#50 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 7:32 PM
Default Now it works!
Don't. Just save the .zip file directly to your Mods folder.

Thank you very much! Now it works perfectly
Page 2 of 27