Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Theme Catchup2018 - posted on 1st May 2018 at 1:50 PM
Replies: 3256 (Who?), Viewed: 153916 times.
Page 131 of 131
Forum Resident
#3251 Old 25th May 2018 at 4:57 PM
So I'm now at the point in my neighbourhood when Cassandra and Don's generation have turned into teens, so I felt it was the time to make Mortimer and Bella have Alexander. Problem is that it makes him much older in relation to the other children/teens in the "official" version of Pleasantview (Mary-Sue and Daniel are still in their mid-teens as well and Brandi and the Caliente sisters are still children). And the other problem is that the current heir to the Crumplebottom family already turned out pretty much a carbon copy of "official" Alexander Goth in appearance, character and the way I'm playing him.

So when the first male baby came out with Bella's skintone instead of Mortimer's I thought "Simmit" and went with that (usually I reset until the baby matches the phenotype of their official version, Daniel Pleasant took a loooooooong time >_>)
I named the boy Magnus and hope that he will grow up into something of a "male Bella" . I might still add Alexander later. My version of Brandi Newbie already has an older sister and two older brothers, so there's room for a third Goth child.

Magnus meanwhile is of a similar enough age for Dinah and Nina to try to woo him rather than his father in this version (especially since Bella won't disappear) Maybe I'll make him Dina's first husband (Since Michael Bachelor is already married and has four children in my version) then they could get divorced for some reason, and Dinah can marry Dirk Dreamer (I like to pair those two up for some reason) hahaha.

Lab Assistant
#3252 Old Yesterday at 2:44 AM
I spent the last half hour playing my least favorite household, only for the game to crash. It has not crashed in months--not since I did the 4GB patch and other helpful things. I have had absolutely no issues with this game. I didn't update it (unless Origin now magically updates even if you set yourself to offline mode).

It. CRASHED.

I'm so, so, so indescribably angry. It hasn't crashed in so long. I didn't save, because I've had this cozy, secure feeling that my game is impenetrable.

Well, apparently not. I spent the entire day wasting time because I couldn't decide if I wanted to play or not, because I don't like playing this household but I can't very well skip them. They're PlantSims and they run the only grocery store in town. They make huge bank so I milk them for tax money to go toward a university. I load in, 30 minutes later we're on Saturday, and I'm thinking, "Great, almost done with their rotation", and then, BAM, crash.

Absolutely livid.
Mad Poster
#3253 Old Yesterday at 4:23 AM
I'm sorry your game is acting up so badly. It sometimes feels like you're pounding your head into the monitor when it happens. Hope you find the cause of it soon.

In my Tinsel Town, I've gotten the second set of couples installed into their new homes and starting their permanent relationships. The ACR 'fool me three times and I'm flabbergasted' has happened yet again:

Brian Sherman moved into his new home with his fiancee, Doreen Hoffman. They had the day off, and of course the very first thing they did was have fun on the couch.

They'd been planning to get married in a church later that day, but Mother Nature decided to pull a fast one and make Doreen pregnant before they could do so. Nonetheless, they got hitched right at home, and 18 hours later Doreen and Brian became the parents of the first (and hopefully only) set of quadruplets in the town-3 boys and 1 girl-Lucas, Duncan, Chester and Kathleen Sherman.

Both Brian and Doreen realized that they had to go to work that same day and earn enough money to buy a bigger house in order to raise their small battalion of bottle gurglers. They hired a nanny and prayed that she'd be on time, because they'd have to be at work at 8 am.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Top Secret Researcher
#3254 Old Yesterday at 8:37 AM
Looking at the original post, I wonder if Delphy has gotten his hand on TS2 in the meantime. Did all of us guys made him do it? Finally boot up his sims 2 game?
Field Researcher
#3255 Old Yesterday at 8:44 AM
I finally installed some defaults! I'm toying around with them and I already deleted some skins that were too pixelated and too bright, but they look fantastic in CAS. For now my 'hoods have been copied to my desktop as backups, but I didn't get so far into it where I'll regret deleting them. I already extracted some sims I liked to reuse. Only big thing I have to re-do is move all the sims that got kicked out with meetme's cleaned templates back into the houses I put them in. I'll probably just delete them and start over with fresh copies as soon as I finish testing these defaults

what_makes_you_haha.mp3

Lab Assistant
#3256 Old Yesterday at 12:58 PM
I'm still in Riverside, my downloads folder is getting too... fat (5 gig!) and the sims 2 takes much longer to load than the sims 3, which I don't consider a good sign but the cc is too good to pass!

So, I found a family that I hate. No, scratch that... I don't hate the whole family, it's the parents I have contemplated to kill more than once: the Marshalls! OK, teen girl Lila, had a big party before the game started and her parents didn't like it. That doesn't give them the right to be worse than the Pleasants or the Contraries. Of cource parents can be angry with their children when they're misbehaving but here things are uncontrolable. In the past, I have managed to fix the relationships between the Pleasants and the Contraries, the Marshalls on the other hand are a different story. Ralph and Margaret are not enemies with Lila and they are not furious with her. They just dislike her... a lot! When I first played the family, though, I didn't have the time to deal with that because there were more urgent matters. Both toddlers, Lawrence and Trinity were almost in aspiration failure, especially Trinity whose aspiration bar was pure red and she was crying non-stop. So, I made Margaret to quit her job and teach Trinity her toddler skills. Family funds were tight so Ralph had to go to work (Medicine career) and Lila joined the Athletic career. When Lila came home from school and work, she taught Lawrence to walk and to talk and the next day she taught him his nursery rhyme. In the meantime both Ralph and Margaret rolled wishes for Lila to get an A+ and to become an overachiever. The not so funny thing was that they both refused to teach her how to study. Every conversation they have with her ends with red (-) but not on her side. Her relationship with both of them is not negative at all. The worst of all is that if I leave Margaret uncontrollable and Lila is in the room, her first action is to "Poke" or "Shove" her Really game??? A mother with the Family aspiration behaves like... Tybalt or Mercutio, and actually bulling her own daughter? For what? A party that took place... years ago? (it's the sims we are talking about!). Ralph, on the other hand, he just ignores his daughter like she doesn't exist.
To make things even worse, they ignore the toddlers too. Lila has become BFF with both her siblings and whenever she is at home, both of them follow her around like little chickens follow mother-hen. Ralph and Margaret "rememeber" that the toddlers are there only when their own social bar is low. Once, poor Trinity had become so exhausted from playing with her xylophone, she barely found her toddler bed to collapse and I saw Ralph heading to the nursery to "Toss her in the air" I wanted so bad to kill him that moment... When I cancelled that action, he went to his wife who had just finished a painting and she was standing there (the only good thing Margaret does is painting Masterpieces!) and they woohooed on the couch. In fact, that's all they do but I have decided that they do not deserve more children, so Margaret is the one and only sim in all my hoods who is on birth control
But Lila deserves some fun despite all that's happenning (she has managed to become an overachiever all by herself and she is taking care of her siblings being not only their "big sister" but a "mother" too) so every Friday or Saturday night she sneaks out. She has 2 romantic interests who are possibly homeless townnies because they do not live in any playable house and I think she also has her eyes on Blake Brooklyn. And I can guarantee you that she can sneak out whenever she wants and she'll never get caught Yeap, Lila along with Gregory Brooklyn are by far my favourite premade sims in Riverside
Before I finish talking about the Marshalls I have to share a funny (and also a little creepy) incident! Of cource, the toddlers can not realize that their parents ignore them and only interact with them when I take control, so they keep "following" them around when Lila is not at home. One night when the parents and Lila were asleep, Lawrence and Trinity decided that it was a good idea to "follow" their parents, so they went into their bedroom and they sat down by the bed each one on a different side. And they both started to sing their nursery rhyme. Damn they gave me the creeps. It was like an... evil ritual in horror movies! It was so dark in that room that, if I didn't know it was the nursery rhyme they were singing, I could easily suppose that the toddlers were... chanting something not so innocent as the nurery rhyme
Mad Poster
#3257 Old Yesterday at 2:54 PM
The Burbs just bought a new home because March has gotten too big to be sleeping on a mat in him parents' bedroom. Brad has gone insane, but he still manages to go to work as a party clown. Tiffany is terrified the Big Eye will discover Brad's insanity and lock him up somewhere where he will never be seen again. Her hiding him also makes her and the kids candidates for the prison colony.

John is a teenager. He's not bothered to look for a job because he believes college is in his future. There's no money for college. Only the very rich can afford it. But, John doesn't know anything about his parents' finances. He's always had the idea he could just go. Tiffany doesn't know how to break it to him.

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Page 131 of 131