Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Essential Oil Burner and Storage Kit, Functional and Animated (061225: Now OK with Pets)

by netmicro Posted 13th Oct 2006 at 2:14 PM - Updated 20th Nov 2008 at 4:45 PM by -Maylin-

87 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 83 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#26 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 7:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sapphire65
This is Excellent! For many years I taught people how to use essential oils and the many ways you can use them...the easiest way people found to get the benefits of Aromatherapy was via an 'Oil Burner'......you have made this so realistic, not only the essential combinations, but also the fact that our sims have to add the oils with their choosen blend and once the blend has been used, they have to empty their oil burner......also brilliant that kiddies can't use it....I LOVE the essential oil box and the fact that we have to restock our oils.....also just love your warning on using certain oils......I am so glad that you where awarded a gold trophy for this.......your creation is nothing short of brilliant and thank you so very much for all the time and effort you have put into this

lol I feel so ignorant after reading your post! Actually I know hardly anything about aromatherapy; the idea just came up in my brain. I then did a small search on the internet and found all necessary information I need to start making the Simromatherapy thing, and stopped digging in aromatherapy.

first of all, the "blend" thing is not compulsary in this object. you can just add a drop and it'll start burning. And also the "emptying" is not required either; when nothing is left the burner will stop automatically. The stop and discard thing is for adding wrong amount and wanting to stop motive suffers :D

But anyway I'm glad that aromatherapy is popular enough to boost the value of my product Thanks very much for the compliment!
Field Researcher
#27 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 8:48 PM
wow this is really amazing!! Great new object I can't wait to try it out.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#28 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 9:04 PM
Great job. I'm already thinking of several ways to use that burner in a story.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Instructor
#29 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 9:05 PM
This is sooo cool! Great job :D
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 9:07 PM
Really cool idea...thanks for sharing!
Mad Poster
#31 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 9:43 PM
This is absolutely superb!!! 19 stars if I could give them! Hey I use the simslice .com weather machine and when there is a thunderstorm, the lights go out. Do you know if this will stay lit also. I have at least 10 to 20 candles in my sims homes to keep light going, I would like to add this to the house. I am at work now but will test for my self. Great work.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#32 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 9:59 PM
You have out done yourself I love this.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#33 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
This is absolutely superb!!! 19 stars if I could give them! Hey I use the simslice .com weather machine and when there is a thunderstorm, the lights go out. Do you know if this will stay lit also. I have at least 10 to 20 candles in my sims homes to keep light going, I would like to add this to the house. I am at work now but will test for my self. Great work.

Well, back at the very very origin, the light source of this burner is cloned from the "candle collection" available in base game > decorative > misc, so the light is not affected by electricity. Only, when you're not burning anything, there won't be any light of course.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 10:12 PM
Great! I can't wait to test this. Thank so much for sharing!

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#35 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 10:31 PM
This is really cool! Can't wait to try it out and play with it some.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 10:47 PM
I didn't want to download anything today but this made it so hard. I can't wait to try it.
Field Researcher
#37 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 10:47 PM
thank you!! its awesome!! great job!!
Forum Resident
#38 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 10:57 PM
WOW! This has to be the most creative thing I have seen made for the sims 2. And this is such a complicated object. you should be given some sort of award.

Visit my web site:Fanciful Sims
Royal Kingdom Challenge:
http://tinyurl.com/b4ajz
Live your medieval dream
Instructor
#39 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 1:22 AM
Wow. You've really put a lot of thought into this. I don't normally leave fawning remarks on this site, but great, great job w/ this!
Test Subject
#40 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 1:59 AM
you are a GENIOUS!
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 2:32 AM
Love it. It's amazing. I love aromatherapy, now my Sims can enjoy it too.

Take a break and watch Sims Videos
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 2:47 AM
Wowwww, you really did a wonderful job with this! Most def. downloading, stunning work! *Mega thumbs up* Heh, I love essential oils, now my simmies can too! Thank you for all the work you put in this. *:
Test Subject
#43 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 4:20 AM
What an awesome idea! Thanks for the great download
Test Subject
#44 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 4:40 AM
Give yourself a pat on the back,outstanding work.Thank you
Top Secret Researcher
#45 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 4:55 AM
May I thank you so much for your wonderful work on this, it shows your great talent to create objects. It is so wonderful that our sims can enjoy essential oils also. Thanks!!
Test Subject
#46 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 5:09 AM
Thanks sir! Now my sims can have this goodie in their spa room. I hope you can create more of this functional items (prefer not for OFB) Hehe
Test Subject
#47 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 5:26 AM
outstanding~~~thank you very much~~~~
Test Subject
#48 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 6:53 AM
Wow!!! Thank you for sharing this unique set of items! I love aromatherapy, and I'm glad that now my sims will also be able to enjoy it!
Test Subject
#49 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 11:19 AM
It works perfectly in my game
Thanks a lot
Field Researcher
#50 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 12:18 PM
This is so great. I have a friend I've simmed and she has all this stuff in real life and now her simmie will be so stoked! Thanks!!!!

Be true to yourself, only your opinion of yourself truly counts.

Darkie
Page 2 of 4