MTS Bob Ross Paint-Along Night - posted on 4th Sep 2017 at 10:54 PM
Replies: 78 (Who?), Viewed: 2340 times.
Page 4 of 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#76 Old Yesterday at 2:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeninja
Lots of reasons, in other words. The game can be about more than just filling their needs in the most efficient manner possible!

Of course, but I would rather have gameplay incentives otherwise I'll simply pick the better option 8 times out of 10 when I'm in a hurry or busy doing other stuff with my sim. If I wanted to play some dress-up doll simulation instead of a game, I probably wouldn't be playing the sims at all, especially not the sims 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeninja
As an aside - if your sims don't normally have family, and you're bored & looking for a way to ramp up the difficulty, I do recommend giving them babies. Multiple toddlers at a time can be especially tough. And then you don't have to stop playing a household when the original sim dies, you have the option of continuing with the next generation!

Gotcha. I dislike babies in real life, I dislike them in the game too haha, toddlers and teenagers are less interesting to play too, since they are adult sims with less options and less stuff to do, I would rather play one or several adult sims and get the complete experience. That doesn't mean I never play a toddler or a teenager, just not 5 of them at once I guess. My last sim has 3 cats and 1 dog tho, so there is that. Yeah, I simply don't really see the appeal of playing sim generation 5 instead of sim generation 0, there is no gameplay difference between the 2, your game is going to be identical either way, besides sim generation 5 probably has a lot more everything and thus even less to do with his life hah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmodder
In many ways I think ACR could be considered a difficulty mod, especially in combination with the other mods listed here. Your sims may choose to have a baby, or choose to woohoo and then have one by accident. And then pregnant sims needs drop fast, and child rearing is hard especially if you get twins. There's certainly been a few families were I've intended to have them build up their skills/career and then start a family later, but I've left them alone for a bit and they've decided on their own to start a family instead. They've ended up poorer and the game has ended up more interesting and challenging as a result.

Is there an abortion mod too tho? If there is an option to have unwanted pregnancies and babies, there should probably also be an option to get rid of them hah. Tho, I guess it's nice if you are playing a medieval age household like the other post said, the poor guys didn't have the technology back then either hah. Very in-character.
Mad Poster
#77 Old Today at 5:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fe2o3
My last sim has 3 cats and 1 dog tho, so there is that.

Have you ever fulfilled the raise 20 puppies/kittens LTW?
#78 Old Today at 6:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fe2o3
Is there an abortion mod too tho? If there is an option to have unwanted pregnancies and babies, there should probably also be an option to get rid of them hah. Tho, I guess it's nice if you are playing a medieval age household like the other post said, the poor guys didn't have the technology back then either hah. Very in-character.

Don't think there's one specifically, but InSim/Sim Blender/Sim Manipulator can all terminate pregnancies, and ACR has a morning-after pill. I wouldn't mind seeing a drinkable potion for it though, and I don't see why it wouldn't be possible.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too!
Mad Poster
#79 Old Today at 12:19 PM
Re - walk to lot - I don't see why it should drain energy, walking actually raises energy (except if you are unfit and try to walk 100 miles or something) - while waiting for a taxi can be very frustrating (especially if the taxi is late, which is like ALWAYS in my country). Walking should actually raise the mood from green to gold!

In the vanilla game, fulfilling most aspirations are quite hard - although they can all be done.

Windows 10 and the Ultimate Collection
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=568275
Page 4 of 4