Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 2:46 AM
Default stitching: Maple Shores
I apologize for not having any pictures - I rarely remember to take images of my game at all, and so far I haven't gotten around to editing the few I have. I also don't have a preferred hosting site; any recommendations?

My newest neighbourhood will be a modern town along a coast, but for now there are only a few families living there. I see my main 'hood as a farming/fishing community that will grow to be a vacation location just outside a larger city and industrial area. The main road (highway) through the town will have most of the town's businesses, but the actual town's buildings (city hall, school, library, and so on) will away from the highway and surrounded by growing residential areas. The other side of the highway has a road along the coast and will have a mix of expensive residential lots and recreational community lots that tourists visiting the beach might be interested in (beach, ice cream parlour, min-golf, water park, gift shops). I haven't played with the townies in a long time, aside from the social group townies in my medieval 'hood, so I included them this time. They'll make good customers, and I want there to be more choices for times when the game randomly picks sims to meet such as on hikes or for social networking dates (I don't want a repeat of my sim coming home acquaintances with Break Dancer, even if that wasn't dangerous).

I'm loosely following a BaCC with a prosperity style start and will be easing into an integrated 'hood, but I have my own rules. The biggest difference with how I started and most BaCCs is that I added most of the subhoods I intend to add eventually right at the start. My sims have to earn the ability to visit the subhoods, but they are there for when I'm ready to play with them. I added downtown, the vacation destinations, Bluewater, and LGU. Bluewater is going to become the industrial area - it is just down the coast from my town and closer to downtown. I had every resident there sell off their businesses and I moved them all to the bin - most of Bluewater has been bulldozed. For now, I'm experimenting there with 'hood deco.

My daughter loves creating families and rolling dice, so she helped with creating the town's founders. We ended up with six families, most fairly large and I'll describe them in another post. So far, I've played through three seasons, and a handful of CAS sims have been earned. Bin sims cost a full CAS sim, unless they've become friends with a playable sim or are hired at an owned business, in which case they and each member of their family cost 0.5 of a CAS sim. Tessa and Checo Ramirez both became friends with founders, as did Melody Tinker, and Trent Traveller was hired as a waiter in the town's diner. Those three families have recently moved into the town. I used another earned sim to start a Trailer Park Challenge. More households or community lots will have to wait until my town collects the funds to pay for another 'hood deco wind mill; each costs the town $5000 and powers 8 lots. I'm playing with a tiered set of restrictions on university - topping the education career opens it, but tuition fees are very high until the buildings have been paid for by taxes or wealthy donors. Education has been topped, so LGU is now open and it's households added to my rotation.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stitching
I apologize for not having any pictures - I rarely remember to take images of my game at all, and so far I haven't gotten around to editing the few I have. I also don't have a preferred hosting site; any recommendations?
<snip of interesting description>

http://modyourpanties.com since you are a member of MTS, all you have to do is sign in.

MTS provides free image hosting for users of the modthesims.info forums. Images uploaded will only work on MTS forums - hotlinking on any other site will not work.

Images must be .jpg, .gif, or .png images sized 750 kilobytes or less. Privacy is not guaranteed, and files will occasionally be deleted to make room for others.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Link Ninja
#3 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 4:01 AM
I always throw my support to imgur which is free to sign up for an account and it won't resize your pics like photobucket.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Instructor
#4 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 4:17 AM
Sounds very interesting, and well planned out. I am interested to hear (or see) more about Maple Shores !

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Field Researcher
#5 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 7:53 PM
I look forward to reading about your founding families.