Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 12:27 PM
Default The Way to Avoid new Trollers
Hello Teen Club!
I made a guide on how to reveal a Troll's scheming. When I read TBQ's lies I thought it was sooooo obvious from the first time she posted that thread.

Here's tips on how to know/reveal a troll, based off TBQ's lies.

1: Too much detail in her writings. If she's really 14 then she'd keep it simple. "I'm the mayor's daughter...!" was the most obvious and badly thought up lie in her entire story.

2: Her story is blends in too much with tacky drama. I'd be fit for a soap opera on TV. I've never seen something that corny.

3: Her story goes on too fast. She'd have to build it up gradually. Her story is no use if she speeds it up :D

4: She makes up Emergency Characters to save herself. That Psychiatrist thing was a pretty stupid lie to come up with after being found. Initially, Shizophrenia isn't something that's common in everyone, let alone this person.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 5:52 PM
TBQ? Who do you mean?

Where does the pain come?
Where does it start?
I know not...
For I have no heart...
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 6:54 PM
Huh? O.O

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#4 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 7:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lovetadraw
TBQ? Who do you mean?

MJ (insert long text here)

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Mad Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 8:32 PM
^ Ohhh . . . Well didn't the OP post this in two other topics? I don't think it's nescessary to post it here, personally, if it's already posted in another topic . . .

This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 9:13 PM
Eh, i don't know if this could be useful with /all/ trolls, seeing as how, y'know, their styles differ. and i highly doubt mj (or the others) will come back, seeing as how this site actually bans people right away.

You know that place between sleep and awake? The place where you can still remember dreaming? That’s where I’ll always love you. That’s where I’ll be waiting.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 9:35 PM
Oh... Yeah... That still has my mind fracked...

Where does the pain come?
Where does it start?
I know not...
For I have no heart...
Mad Poster
#8 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 1:17 AM
^ Why? I just don't understand trolls at all, but I don't think it was trolling so much as attention whoring. Trolling is basically being a n00b on purpose . . .

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 4:21 AM
2: Her story is blends in too much with tacky drama. I'd be fit for a soap opera on TV. I've never seen something that corny.

2 and 4 would probably come with any Troller. I've seen trolls slip up with stories because it resembles a day-time drama.

And another way to know if someone is trolling is if you ask yourself this:
Are they being completely honest?
Has their non-sense gotten any response yet?
Are they saying that just to get attention?

If someone posts a thread like, "Help! Advise with dad abuse/teen pregnancy." Then I HIGHLY doubt they're real problems and post it ON THE forums. People who are in real situations like this would keep it secret because they are afraid of receiving flamers or causing an uproar over the internet. The worst place for advise about dangerous situations is the internet. Besides, a Mom would ground you from using a computer if you were pregnant and a Dad would monitor your activities the whole time (especially if the troll says something like, "Dad Abuse Advise"
Mad Poster
#10 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 7:09 PM
. . . one question. I thought grounding was from the 50's? . . . Or is it just me?

Anyways, I just don't understand this person and am thankful to be a post-TBQ member. Maybe we should start a new era?

Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 8:58 PM
I agree with you Icy, but there are many other types of trolls too, such as people using photos of others and claiming them as photos as themselves. There are also trolls who pass other people's work as their own.

TBQ stands for Troll Burger Queen, it was me and someone else who made it up.
(:

Mad Poster
#12 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 9:09 PM
^ Burger? I always thought it stood for Total Bitch Queen personally . . .

Another type of troll makes sure that bridge access is selective to those who know their Monty Python.

Alchemist
#13 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 9:19 PM
Got her right from the start. When EVER does a headmaster die and his son automatically take his place? I know how these things work, and they don't work like that. Also her at 14 carrying twins? She'd probably end up dying or physically hurt. She's seriously the worst troll I've ever seen, and I hung around 4Chan for months.

Yeah, she used herself in the pictures, which is the stupidest thing ever because now if anyone from the simming community sees her, she's going to get really embarrassed. She deserves it.

What made me laugh the hardest? When her "Counsellor" posted about her. LMFAO!
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 9:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kustirider2
What made me laugh the hardest? When her "Counsellor" posted about her. LMFAO!

Ikr :P.
That actually made me lol

Alchemist
#15 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 10:17 AM
I really think TALKING about trolls might actually, y'know, encourage them? And teach any NOT to follow those rules? But they are good indicators of a troll.
Stealing content and lying about your sister having sextuplets or something like that are also good indicators.
And, yes, I agree, that "Counsellor" thing was hilariously stupid.
Alchemist
#16 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 3:54 PM
^ To be honest, the other person (Sextuplets and stealing content) wasn't really a troll. She's still hanging around, and I think she just wants attention. If she IS trying to be a troll, she's doing a really bad job of it.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 5:43 AM
^ Ehh, I'd go with that Chanel No. 5 or maybe White Diamonds.

I avoid trolls by not searching for the holy grail. And I personally think that all the external accounts are fake . . . who would put other friends in danger like that? Personally I just don't go on Facebook anymore. It's stupid to have people talk about FarmVille on YOUR wall. >.> I don't even play that!

Scholar
#18 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 2:02 AM
To tell the truth I actually believed that thread at first. But that was because I didn't know any better. Eventually it all just got out of hand.

And although TBQ did make up outrageous stories about TWINZ, she had like, seven accounts. And I don't think any of us saw THAT coming.

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 2:39 AM
I was pretty indifferent when it happened. I was like, "Oh, she's pregnant AND has a sob story. Meh. I shouldn't get involved." What threw me off-guard was her fifty-trillion accounts... Who has time for that? Even trolls have some form of a life, however boring and pathetic reality must be for them.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 15th Sep 2011 at 10:24 PM
I just got trolled recently, by my own sister. On Facebook...

"Mars just kinda came to me. Cos i'm out of this world" ~Bruno Mars. I am obsessed. LEGIT!
MY FULL NAME SHALL BE DEVON PINKAMINA VALERIE MARS
Currently Listening to: It Will Rain by Bruno Mars Mood: Sexy :P
Brony, Hooligan, and Little Monster <3
Test Subject
#21 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 12:44 AM
Trollers I hate so much.