Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Quick Easy Hair Binner - for hair, brows, beards - UPDATED 7/10/2011 v1.1.02

by CatOfEvilGenius Posted 19th Feb 2011 at 12:28 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 2:54 PM by Nysha

255 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 161 Feedback Posts, 93 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 11
Scholar
#126 Old 19th Mar 2011 at 10:49 AM
Congrats on the well deserved feature! :D

Please visit WickedNoukFamily Forum for my creations.
Can't take requests, I'm completely swamped with unfinished projects! :O
Scholar
THANKS POST
#127 Old 19th Mar 2011 at 2:19 PM
Impressive work! Thanks Cat, I needed that!
Meet Me In My Next Life
#128 Old 19th Mar 2011 at 8:04 PM
CAT I am so very happy for you being Feature. Could not have happen to a better creator.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#129 Old 19th Mar 2011 at 10:11 PM
I've already rebinned all the files I wanted to do using SimPE, but this will come in handy for future files I download. Thanks!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#130 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 6:39 PM
This is FANTASTIC!!!!! Thank you so much!!!!
Yay, I'm so loooking forward to my cleaned custom bin etc....
Lab Assistant
#131 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 5:41 AM
Oh this is great, I love this, but silly me am I doing, duh? I was getting errors popping up not realizing the facial hairs I was trying to bin were already binned.. It would have been nice to be able to just decustomised them. This should have been featured a long time ago.
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#132 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 5:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DGV441982
Oh this is great, I love this, but silly me am I doing, duh? I was getting errors popping up not realizing the facial hairs I was trying to bin were already binned.. It would have been nice to be able to just decustomised them. This should have been featured a long time ago.

I do not recall putting in such error messages. I am able to bin hair that is already binned. Could you please tell me what the text of the errors was, and give a link to the hair you were trying to bin? Thanks.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Lab Assistant
#133 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 7:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
I do not recall putting in such error messages. I am able to bin hair that is already binned. Could you please tell me what the text of the errors was, and give a link to the hair you were trying to bin? Thanks.

I'm not sure if I can post pictures here so I typed it

The error says: Debug Error program:...Desktop\New items\hair binner\hairbinner_20110310_v1.1.01.exe HEAP Corruption Detected: after Normal block (#164139) at 0x079B8C78. CRT detected that the application wrote to memory after the heap buffer.

(press retry to debug the application). The options are Abort Retry or Ignore. abort is the only option that works and basically shuts the application down.

These are the hairs. I definitely know Tomaso and Pedro result in this error.
Nymphy
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#134 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 11:59 PM
DGV441982 Thanks for that. I'll fix it in the next version.

Test Subject
#135 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 5:18 PM
This is a great program, thanks so much! I do have a few questions, however:

1: Does the program show files that are already binned, or does it only show the files that are showing up in the "Custom" area?
2: What can I do if there are extras? Since I can only bin 4 at a time (one of each color) in this version, if I have more of one color than another, How can I get them binned? (Please don't say SimPE, that program scares me ><)
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#136 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 8:10 PM
shorty

1. The program shows all files that end in *.package, binned or not. This includes meshes, houses, objects, and other stuff that isn't even binnable.

2. I do not recommend putting more than 4 standard colors in a family. However, it can be done if someone really wants to. Bin the first four. If you have grey, make sure it is in the black hair. Then, run the program again. For black, use the same black as before. If you have an extra blond, put that blond in the blond slot. Fill the other slots (red, brown), with the colors you already binned. Bin again. You now have two blonds in that family. Again, I don't recommend doing this, but lots of people want to, so you can.

Bowties are cool.
retired moderator
#137 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 12:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mossnose40
Love this, been using it nonstop since last night when I downloaded it. But now, I retextured a hair and it isn't working. No matter which colour I import first, it gives me one of those microsoft popups saying:
'hairBinner_20110310_v1.1.01.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.'

Same here. I used it on all of my previously made hair and brows, but the ones I made today crash the Binner. It's really odd, I have no idea what may be wrong.
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#138 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 12:42 AM
mistyblue4 Thanks for letting me know. Can you please post the hairs that you get this error with where I can get them? The more hair I have for debugging, the better.

NEW VERSION COMING...
Thanks for your patience.

Bowties are cool.
retired moderator
#139 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 1:04 AM
It's actually eyebrows, and only those that I've made today, everything else works perfectly.Here they are.
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#140 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 3:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mistyblue4
It's actually eyebrows, and only those that I've made today, everything else works perfectly.Here they are.

Thanks much, will hopefully fix this bug soon...

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#141 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 11:20 PM
Umm what does it do? Im sorry im not up to date with some of these things.
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#142 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WildpeltSims1-3
Umm what does it do? Im sorry im not up to date with some of these things.

That's explained right at the top of the thread, in the section helpfully titled "what does it do" (right after the list of updates).

Test Subject
#143 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 1:43 PM
Oh my god,thank you so much!
I always wanted to make my recolours familied,not just binned and your amazing binner made it sooo easy!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#144 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 7:21 PM Last edited by MrGrayewolf : 30th Mar 2011 at 12:08 AM.
I just want to say thank you. I collect hair compulsively and this is a big help. The only problem I have is that some hair sets, such as hairsets from Raonjena come with 8 hair colors, two blonde, two brown, two red, a black, and a silver. Can you give me step by step instructions on how exactly to bin all of these properly into one file? I really hate losing colors. Or should I instead use the same black for two different "bins" in order to have 2 bins with all the colors?

What I mean is, 1 bin with 1 each of the blonde, brown, red, and black is considered by the game to be one hairstyle.

The second bin with the other blonde, brown, red, but the single black is considered a different hairstyle even though it is the same one.

Is this possible?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#145 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 7:45 PM
This one ( not the binning plugin OR changing the hairtone dtString) doesn't affect my Hair Color. I've tried to make a Custom Hair (made by using Bodyshop) I've made into a Brown hair instead of a Custom one, but nothing I've done has had any effect. In SimPE it says that its Brown, so does the Binning Tools. Any Suggestion of what I should do?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#146 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 1:55 PM
I can't wait to use this, but I have a problem. I download it and it doesn't show up as a zipped file, it shows up as a 7z file. How do I get it to show up properly?
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#147 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 6:35 PM
MrGrayewolf In order to have two families, you need two of each color. Can't do it with one black. See post #137 if you want to stick them all in the same family, but I don't recommend doing that. If you are putting more than 4 colors in a family, do NOT put them all in one file.

Illirey Please post a link to the hair that is giving trouble, otherwise, I can't debug it.

minikinney It is a 7z file. Use 7zip.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#148 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 12:06 PM
HURRY!! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#149 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
Damn, you're right, I uploaded the wrong version. I will fix this shortly. Thanks for reporting!

Thanks for fixing that!! Sorry it took me awhile to respond. And again thank you for this tool, I absolutely love it!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#150 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 4:31 AM
I can't WAIT to try this. I've been having horrors over downloading custom content, because it all becomes a huge muddle. Thanks so much!
Page 6 of 11