Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#7526 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 1:10 PM Last edited by Elynda : 30th Apr 2018 at 5:25 AM.
What determines the gender of Imaginary Friends? Do boys always get male IFs and girls get female? One of my sim kids has an IF who was originally called Cosmo. I thought there was an option to select a name for the doll, but I seem to have missed the chance there. So when he started running about the place I cheated him into CAS, changed him to female and renamed him Cosima. Will that work? Or will it cause my game to throw a fit at some point?

After she'd been in CAS Cosima briefly took on human form, although she still had a light over her head and later she reverted back to doll form. And now I'm very curious to know what she will look like when she turns real.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Advertisement
Scholar
#7527 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 9:21 PM
Imaginary friends seem to have come up male more often for me, but that may have been the luck of the draw. The female ones I had seemed to have come with both boys and girls. I think I remember the naming option coming up by clicking on the doll, but I don't remember whether this continued to come up after the doll became capable of changing. I'm fairly certain I have changed the friend's sex in CAS.
Lab Assistant
#7528 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 4:44 AM
Clicking on the spa tonight I came across, “meet with matchmaker” what exactly does that entail?
Scholar
#7529 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
What determines the gender of Imaginary Friends? Do boys always get male IFs and girls get female? One of my sim kids has an IF who was originally called Cosimo. I thought there was an option to select a name for the doll, but I seem to have missed the chance there. So when he started running about the place I cheated him into CAS, changed him to female and renamed him Cosima. Will that work? Or will it cause my game to throw a fit at some point?

After she'd been in CAS Cosima briefly took on human form, although she still had a light over her head and later she reverted back to doll form. And now I'm very curious to know what she will look like when she turns real.

When they are toddlers you can click "rename doll" and you get "give boy name" or "give girl name" You can then name them what you wish. I tend to rename them to pretty sounding words like "Hesper" rather than the game's suggestions which seem to go towards "Chuckles."
Top Secret Researcher
#7530 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 5:43 PM Last edited by Emmett Brown : 28th Apr 2018 at 9:29 PM.
I've noticed that I had no luck getting the forbidden fruit seed when doing a gene splicing experiment at the science station when my sim had no human sim DNA sample.
But right after I got a human sim DNA sample success, twice.
Do you think you have to have a human sim DNA sample to get a forbidden fruit seed? Is that why Carl's Guide says that the baby plant sim is the same gender as the person who harvests the baby plant sim? I know that isn't true, but it would be if your sim leveled up on the science skill and still had his own DNA samples in his pocket.
Edit: sim had only female DNA in his pocket, got two girl babies, both aliens at 50% alien DNA (more or less) like himself and half human sim (not plant sims).
So...
The gender of the DNA in the sim's pocket determines the gender of the baby.
The baby has half of the picker or cloner's DNA (not sure which) and half of the DNA in the pocket.
If aliens, they are not plant sims, but half alien, half human sim.
Everyone but me knew this.

Sims are better than us.
Site Helper
#7531 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 1:01 AM
I didn't know it... I don't have that EP yet.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#7532 Old 3rd May 2018 at 5:41 AM
I found this while looking for something else the other day.

No More Group or Date Bubbles
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=560517
Alchemist
#7533 Old 3rd May 2018 at 10:35 AM
What happens if a kid's grade is incredibly horrible?
Scholar
#7534 Old 3rd May 2018 at 11:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
What happens if a kid's grade is incredibly horrible?

Well, if the grade is horrible when the kid grows into a teen, I believe it's more likely to develop a 'bad' trait upon growing up. I think social services might warn the family to fix the grade, too, before they take the kid away. I'm not sure.
Lab Assistant
#7535 Old 4th May 2018 at 8:57 AM
Can my sims stable their horse off-lot (on a community lot or something)? My sims live on a fairly small farm (30x30) so with the horse being rather noisy and running around as horses do, it got irritating really quickly. However, my Equestrian sim really should have at lease one horse. So, can I have a horse stabled elsewhere? I have all EPs and patched to 1.67.

I love my pc because my sims live in it
Lab Assistant
#7536 Old 4th May 2018 at 9:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by velvetmagras
Can my sims stable their horse off-lot (on a community lot or something)? My sims live on a fairly small farm (30x30) so with the horse being rather noisy and running around as horses do, it got irritating really quickly. However, my Equestrian sim really should have at lease one horse. So, can I have a horse stabled elsewhere? I have all EPs and patched to 1.67.

Yes, you can stable your horse elsewhere! However, for it to work optimally, you might wanna look into some mods. For example, I have a mod that restricts the horses from autonomously going home. They do that all the time, especially if you switch households, which can become quite annoying. I can't remember where I found this mod, but I'll look into it. At one point I also had a mod that allowed you to stable horses on other community and residential lots, for a fee. I can't remember where I found that either, though haha.
Lab Assistant
#7537 Old 4th May 2018 at 9:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Riesen
...They do that all the time, especially if you switch households, which can become quite annoying. I can't remember where I found this mod, but I'll look into it.
Yesss! that's what I'm trying to avoid. Thank you.
At one point I also had a mod that allowed you to stable horses on other community and residential lots, for a fee.
Not gonna lie, this suits my style of play perfectly and I want this mod! Seriously, thanks, they're both mods I would like have.

Lab Assistant
#7538 Old 4th May 2018 at 10:21 AM
...I have a mod ...I can't remember where I found this mod, but I'll look into it...
Found them! Without you telling me exactly what I was actually looking for I doubt I would have found either of them. They're both here on MTS; No autonomous Go Home for horses by KittyTheSnowcat and Horse Boarding Service by pjsutton.
Thanks again.

Lab Assistant
#7539 Old 5th May 2018 at 1:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by velvetmagras
Found them! Without you telling me exactly what I was actually looking for I doubt I would have found either of them. They're both here on MTS; No autonomous Go Home for horses by KittyTheSnowcat and Horse Boarding Service by pjsutton.
Thanks again.

Perfect! Glad I could be of some help
Test Subject
#7540 Old 9th May 2018 at 12:57 AM Last edited by Finios : 9th May 2018 at 2:06 AM.
Hello,

Haven't been to this site in a long time, it's great to see it's still so lively.

I started playing again recently and picked up Generations. I love the video camera but one thing has me pretty confused. After making a home movie, apparently I need to have a sim watch it on the TV rather than being able to just play it myself. As soon as they stop watching, they shut off the TV. I'd like to use it similarly to the digital picture frames that allow you to just drop in pics and it constantly shows them as a bit of decoration.

I figured it would be one of the first mods to get released for that EP, but I've been unable to find anything. I see tons of threads about how to make a custom TV channel but I'm pretty sure that's not what I'm after.

Now I feel like I'm missing something obvious and being stupid, so here I am, in this thread.

One other thing seems odd. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the orange circle icon at the right side of a button supposed to indicate that it's an action the player can make, rather than a sim? For example, opening a fridge, book shelves, and the digital frames, but the home movies button has one too, which is adding to my confusion.

Thanks in advance for any info.
Instructor
#7541 Old 15th May 2018 at 4:48 PM
Is there a way to give a ghost you created in CAS a different/better tombstone? Because they all start out with the tiny one and I'd like for them to have something fancier.
Mad Poster
#7542 Old 16th May 2018 at 11:58 PM
If an Active Sim uses the Toadifcation spell on an inactive, how long does the inactive stay a toad? (Trust me Sunset Valley is not a good place to be right now with my homicidal active running around. Hank got off light being toadified instead of being murdered.)
Instructor
#7543 Old 17th May 2018 at 1:50 AM
In my experience, they stay that way until someone kisses them. I had toads running around town for ages.
Scholar
#7544 Old 17th May 2018 at 2:23 PM
Are Pools less likely to be visited on rainy days? (I doubt putting the pool inside or outside would make a difference)
Inventor
#7545 Old 18th May 2018 at 10:27 AM
Is there a way I can make an alien myself? Or set somebody as alien?
Mad Poster
#7546 Old 18th May 2018 at 11:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chokolady
Is there a way I can make an alien myself? Or set somebody as alien?

Aliens are a bit different from the other occult states. A sim is an Alien if their Alien DNA is greater than 20%. This can be set or changed on a sim using MasterController, under Sim > Intermediate (MC Cheats add-on module required).
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7547 Old 18th May 2018 at 3:59 PM
Just keep in mind that there is an error in MasterController when it comes to the numbers. The UI says and allows a range from 0-100, but this is wrong. Entering 100 will give an Alien more than 100% alien DNA, 10,000 I think. The actual range in MasterController should either be 0-10 or 0-1 (I'd have to check because I can't remember it now).

(And, yes, I did report this quite some time ago.)
Mad Poster
#7548 Old 18th May 2018 at 9:53 PM
Where do Sims hang out in Hidden Springs? My active came back from the future and has an opportunity to play for tips, but all the places I look there aren't many Sims around and the ones that are there aren't giving her tips.
Inventor
#7549 Old 22nd May 2018 at 5:01 PM
Founds these nice effects in a custom world I'm playing atm. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if this is an effect from fog emitter, and if so: what is it called?
Top Secret Researcher
#7550 Old 22nd May 2018 at 5:23 PM
Marty McFly was able to bring his wife, Mary Ann Summers, back to life. He worked hard at the bot station to learn how to make the Fishing, Gardening and Cooking bot chips. In between fishing for death fish, his plumbot, Gort, explored the Mausoleum and got a genie lamp.
Problem solved!
Mary Ann is now pregnant! Yeah!
She wanted a rocking chair... had to get "The Professor" model rocking chair!
TIL that if you sim dies in the future, their descendants don't disappear, but on bringing the sim back to life they are no longer descendants.
Also, ITF ignores YA/Teen marriages when figuring descendants - they're totally different the McFlys and the Summers...

Sims are better than us.
Page 302 of 385