Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#76 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 12:55 AM
I thought my avatar made me look aggressive lol
Advertisement
Scholar
#77 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 1:47 AM
So who was the disagree troll on page 3?

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#78 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 2:22 AM
Some of it was me sending hugs

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Alchemist
#79 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 4:10 PM
I used to ask myself who's behind the avatar, unless it was picture of them, ofcourse. But since I'm visiting MTS via phone regularly I don't see avi's, so nothing to ask myself, and that kinda took over.
I also don't really think when selecting a new avi for myself, because I just think 'Well, that looks nice. Let's take this'.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#80 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 2:07 PM
I started reading this thread from the beginning, so here comes:

Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
One person told me they always think of me as "the lady in my avatar," which means they automatically think of me as black.

That is such a lovely assumption (irony), you must be from the us even thinking about that. I'm european and we don't have your history of black/white. For me people comes in all shades and sizes, cultures etc. I don't do assumptions like that. Usually I have favourites though, like we have so many Pakistanies and they have been here like the 70's, for that reason I tend to prefer people who are not. Actually seeing your avatar, it didn't even cross my mind that she was black, she could be anything. Actually I was thinking more in terms of "you must have a horrible graphics card, or perhaps it's Sims 2".

Needless to say your assumptions is way off the chart!

For me though, my Avatar should probably say I like black hair and black clothes, and if it does, then you're right!
Mad Poster
#81 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 11:30 PM
This thread started life on the TS2 forum and then got moved to here (Off-topic Discussion) while I was writing my last post (#70). (Which makes sense because everyone here can see members' avatars, and all MTS members with 5 or more posts can have one.) Now I live in the TS2 forum, and I mention my Sims Andrew and Gloria so often in my posts, that I reckon everyone there must know who they are. But since the thread has come here, that is obviously not the case for TS1, TS3 and TS4 playing members, so I think a little explanation on my part is called for.

Andrew Jones is a teenager and he lives with his mum Gloria at 19 Chorus Court, Veronaville. I created him in CAS the very first time I started up my game (on 30th November 2012). I added his mother Gloria, almost as an afterthought, when I realised that CAS wouldn't let me save him to the game without a parent. When I started to play, I quickly saw that there was a very close bond between mother and son, and I've played them that way ever since. I play with aging off so Andrew is still a teen living at home with his single mum. Andrew is gay and is in a steady relationship with Julian Moltke, another teenage boy who lives with his family nearby at 100 Via Veronaville. I very quickly developed a strong affection for Andrew and his mum, and, when I needed a user name to join MTS a few days later, I used theirs.

@smorbie1 : one reason Andrew is so important to me is because he's been in my game since Day 1, but I'm sure there's more to it than that. Andrew really deserves his own thread, so I'll try to start one soon in the TS2 forum.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#82 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 11:58 AM
Hmm. I hate to imagine what people think I look like based on my avatar

I chose this image years ago because it was the only picture small enough on my laptop. I've grown so use to it at this point I'd probably never change it.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#83 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 3:34 PM
Wooper!

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Page 4 of 4