Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#6451 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 10:34 PM Last edited by Goldenbtrfly : 3rd Oct 2017 at 10:34 PM. Reason: punctuation
I know, I am so with you guys on the teen driving thing, they should totally be able to have an interaction on the car to "Teach to drive" and require so many sessions before the teen can go it alone.
For now I just use this: Driving Lessons for Teens - career
Advertisement
Alchemist
#6452 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 10:35 PM
about teaching to drive; if there is to be such a "teach"/"learn", I think better from beginning of age like any shipped version "teach"/"learn".
to me teens automatically knowing to drive makes sense since they theoretically learned from watching others drive.
Alchemist
#6453 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 1:06 AM
Love your ideas, grinevilly. I also like the way you went in depth and thought about the way you'd go about creating something like that. A hacks you'd like to make thread would be nice.
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
Nice idea!

I personally want a "teach teen to drive" option. Why do they on the day they go from 8 to 13, suddenly get the ability to drive? did we not have to teach them walking, talking, potty training, help them with homework, etc.? shouldn't they have to be at least 3 days after they have become a teen before they get the option to learn to drive? and shouldn't they be taught? or at the very least, have to sign up for a driver's course on the computer and go to it?
I would like this too. On the subject of teaching kids, I wish that whole system wasn't mostly restricted to toddlers. It'd be nice if kids and teens could be taught to cook, too.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6454 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 1:24 AM
You can use the teaching or sharing that came with FT. Share hobby tips I think it is called, an adult can stand there sharing as the child cooks. Kids can cook with a mod. Kids and teens can also be taught cooking directly with the chef career reward chocolate maker. I use that at my school.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#6455 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 1:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
Filling up the car would be like the refrigerator. A pop-up would show how much fuel your car's gas tank would have. You'd use the up and down arrows to increase the amount of gas to put into your car. At that point, your sim would get in the car and drive off to the gas station, in much the same way your sim drives off the lot, to get an alarm installed.

I love your idea! I think it would be great if a car breaks down (much like a television set or computer), needs to be filled with gasoline (like a fridge needs filling) and comes home with a bent fender from an accident and needs body work (like the buyable junk car).

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Forum Resident
#6456 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 1:41 AM
So driving off to the gas station would sort of be like the 'Take a Drive' or 'Install Alarm' function but with the grocery meter?

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Forum Resident
#6457 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 2:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AliaD85
So driving off to the gas station would sort of be like the 'Take a Drive' or 'Install Alarm' function but with the grocery meter?

That's the basic gist of it. Click on the vehicle and get a pie menu option, like "check fuel" or something along those lines. If you check it, the meter pops up and shows how much you have and gives you the option, like the fridge, to increase it. You set it and click OK. Your sim would then get in the vehicle and drive off the lot. Hopefully he or she would have enough fuel to get to the gas station without running out along the way, and having to be towed home. The car rolls back onto the lot, and an amount is then charged to your sims' account!

Driving the kids to school and driving to/from community lots would also effect your gas consumption meter, as well as going to work. You could, if you're not careful, run out of gas on the way to a date or an outing, and miss your appointment, with the same negative consequences as standing them up...

Thanks, everybody!

-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#6458 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 4:20 AM
Here's another scenario with a car that I'm sure that most people have had-a flat tire. Every time you have a flat (not that it's common) you have to change it yourself, and it will lead to a point increase in mechanical and physical skill. Because changing a tire makes you sweat and curse at the same time...

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Field Researcher
#6459 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 8:12 AM
At least were I live, I change all tires twice a year. Sims shouldn't drive in snow with summer tires, that isn't safe! And the kind of tires you use in more temperate climates that work all year round also aren't well suited to snow!
Mad Poster
#6460 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 10:38 PM
I want female butlers.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#6461 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 2:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I want female butlers.

@gummilutt I remembered seeing something like that over at BAS, so I searched for it. The link was broken, but Chris has said he'll reupload it. He asked, however, if there were specific Bodyshapes I'd like her in and seeing as the query wasn't for me I thought I'd link you to the post so you could respond. Nothing sketchy on that page, but children please do not wander round the site. XD Er ok I lied. I guess I'm too used to Chris' um avatar. XD Adult content warning!

http://www.backalleysims.com/adults...8660#post158660
Mad Poster
#6462 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 3:14 PM
Thank you! That's awesome. I do wonder what kind of appearance they'll have since it's CH, but it seems very promising.

Alchemist
#6463 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 3:45 PM
In neighborhood view, any lights or lamps that are on lots are shown in their on state all the time, whether it's day or night. It doesn't usually matter, because you can't usually tell at first glance, but I'm working on a project that would be a lot easier if the lights on neighboring lots and in hood view would use their off texture during the day and their off texture at night.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#6464 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 3:45 PM
Could always make yours over....
Test Subject
#6465 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 5:37 PM
While decorating the Temple of Jumbok IV, I thought that it would really be cool to have a secret temple door or just add ons to the set in general.
Mad Poster
#6466 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 5:40 PM
From this page on, I'll moterate your ideas and make your dreams true as possible whenever I jump into modding.
Forum Resident
#6467 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
From this page on, I'll moterate your ideas and make your dreams true as possible whenever I jump into modding.

Go back a few pages, to the post about a wardrobe that vampires could hang upside-down in, to sleep... That's such a fun idea! If you could make that one happen, you'd forever be a hero! ...especially if they could woohoo in it, making it jostle around like the photo booth or the changing rooms... complete with "BLEH!!" sound fx! HAHHAHA

-gE
>=)
Theorist
#6468 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 11:10 PM
I think ea was biased towards painters, musicians, sculptors, gardeners, and people who sew, and they disliked authors. They must or why else would they make all the other stuff gain fun, but creative writing tanks fun? I really like MogHughson manuscript mod, but it also tanks fun. Don't know if it's because she cloned it from homework or she too thought it should drain the fun meter. I'd love a mod that would fix both of their oversight in thinkin.

(It's little things like this that make me wish I knew and understood more of the moddin end of things)
Mad Poster
#6469 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 11:39 PM
I think that already exists CaliBrat. I was just thinking the same thing, as my author needed fun and I thought I'd send him to work on his latest book only to discover it did not help fun. Pretty sure I've come across it at some point, but if there isn't already one, I will make one at some point.

Forum Resident
#6470 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
I think ea was biased towards painters, musicians, sculptors, gardeners, and people who sew, and they disliked authors. They must or why else would they make all the other stuff gain fun, but creative writing tanks fun? I really like MogHughson manuscript mod, but it also tanks fun. Don't know if it's because she cloned it from homework or she too thought it should drain the fun meter. I'd love a mod that would fix both of their oversight in thinkin.

(It's little things like this that make me wish I knew and understood more of the moddin end of things)

I'd like to see that, too... but particularly if it was tailored to sims' personality types and/or aspirations. A sim who wants to write and has a literary enthusiasm, who is maybe a bit shy and less outgoing would likely to be more conducive to enjoying writing... where as a sim who has a sports enthusiasm and wants to be a pro-athlete and is a pleasure sim might find writing a little less their "wheelhouse" (granted, this may not be universally true). Of course, that complicates things, whereas it'd be easier to just make writing fun. Some folks love it, and some folks hate it, though... and that's based on their personalities.

-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#6471 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 11:45 PM
@gummilutt - maybe writing can increase fun more for serious/shy Sims, and less for playful/outgoing ones.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#6472 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 12:11 AM
I have a mod for my kids and teens to wear uniforms no matter their school--but I'd love to see one that makes the friends they bring home do so too. Seems a little weird that they don't, considering they all go to the same school.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Mad Poster
#6473 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 12:25 AM
I probably won't make it related to personality, simply because it's not an autonomous activity and if you don't think a Sim would enjoy writing then why make them? Plenty of other ways to make money! But if anyone wants it to be personality-linked, that is very basic modding so I'd encourage you to try it yourself. It's perfect as a beginners project

Alchemist
#6474 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 12:27 AM
all Teen/Child go to same school? actually, we do not know.
some possibilities::
-same school
-different schools close to each other
-different schools sharing some common area

slightly related::
college residents be able to have carpool jobs.
possibly more levels than Teen/Elder and possibly less levels than Adult.
and the hours be able to avoid any major's class hours.
Mad Poster
#6475 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 12:36 AM
@mdsb759 - have you seen this? http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=601315

YAs can have adult jobs - you need to use cheats or hacked objects to actually give them a job though.

@gummilutt - that's sensible. I forgot about the autonomy part. I might actually try myself. I kinda start to understand what the BHAVs are doing in some mods.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Page 259 of 576