Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#6476 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 1:00 AM
Do it! Feel free to poke me if you need advice.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#6477 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 2:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
all Teen/Child go to same school? actually, we do not know.
some possibilities::
-same school
-different schools close to each other
-different schools sharing some common area

In my 'hood, by my headcanon, they do all go to the same school. So it'd be nice if it actually looked like it. Especially because usually it's their cousins that they're bringing home, so I'll play the visiting child's lot later and they go off to school in the uniform.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Forum Resident
#6478 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 4:00 AM
ONE thing that i would really like to see is some kind of shelving for OFB where you could put produce that your farmer sims have grown, that isn't limited to 8 veggies at a time! Who puts out a display case with 8 apples or 8 tomatoes? I want a crate of tomatoes! A crate of beans! it would be cool if you could fill it... say it had a capacity for 100... You could put up to 100 on the shelf, and it'd have several states... Full = 75-100. ¾ = 50-74. ½ = 25-49. ¼ = 1-24. 0 = Empty... obviously! Something like that. I hate having a table with 8 veggies on it. I tried a crate that had a surface that looked like various veggies, but it looks like 6 tomatoes sitting on top of a flat pic of tomatoes. In other words... STINKS! =(

I'm not 100% sure, but i -think- that the grocery store items work like that, if you use them in OFB. But you cant get fresh produce from a grocery store bin!

-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#6479 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 4:08 AM
@grinevilly - check the SimWardrobe link in my signature. Under Business Facilitators is a Produce Packing Station. Your Sim will bundle up fruits and vegetables into crates and you can sell the crates.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#6480 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 4:26 AM
Yeah...this is what I use, but it's still only one crate per shelf, and can still look silly. This is probably fixable in SimPE though.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Forum Resident
#6481 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 4:29 AM
@grinevilly You may want to try Sun & Moon's Star Factory at Medieval Sims: medievalsims.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=240

They do have shelves that baskets of produce can go!

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6482 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 7:25 AM
I get more than one crate per shelf. Could be added slots I have a few CC files on those.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6483 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 8:12 AM
I may have mentioned this before, but I'd love a mod that makes cuddling babies raise their comfort. I just today downloaded a mod that makes breastfeeding raise a baby's comfort (yay!!!), but since I only let the parent who gave birth breastfeed, I still don't have a reliable way to raise my sim babies' comfort, especially when mom's at work. I know babies don't exactly get upset about having low comfort, but it makes that "check on" interaction useless.
Mad Poster
#6484 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 12:14 PM
I might take that on Rosawyn. I'm re-hauling a lot of things related to baby motives, including their generic motive decay rates. Annoys me that social pretty much never drops, which is so unrealistic. Vast majority of babies would not accept lying in their crib all day, they would get lonely and scream at you until you pick them up. Also annoys me that hunger and energy drop relatively slowly. They should need to be fed more times a day, and they should sleep more. Already have that mod done, just haven't been up to testing it. Probably not going to be releasing any of it any time soon, but it will happen eventually and will include motive changes for a lot of baby related things.

Mad Poster
#6485 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 6:17 PM
That's a really good point about their social need! Not sure I'm too excited about them needing to be fed more often, though. But then, maybe I'm just having flashbacks to my first baby as a newborn and how he needed to eat constantly (not even kidding, it was every hour for at least 40 mins).
Instructor
#6486 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 7:51 PM
I would love a mod that makes pets only able to have a litter of 1 or 2, as all my families have pets that breed and i only like to keep one from each litter to then breed the next generation from and thus it makes my adoption pet pool too overcrowded with all my sims pets.
Alchemist
#6487 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 5:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Annoys me that social pretty much never drops, which is so unrealistic. Vast majority of babies would not accept lying in their crib all day, they would get lonely and scream at you until you pick them up. Also annoys me that hunger and energy drop relatively slowly. They should need to be fed more times a day, and they should sleep more.

Had to lol at this, as it's one of the things I absolutely hate about TS3--the neediness of babies and toddlers and how fast their motives, especially their social, drop. TS2 babies lying quietly in their cribs all day, not needing much attention? Sounds like the perfect kids to me!

Anyway, if I were to download a mod for baby motives, it'd probably be for something like decaying their fun motive so I actually take them out of the crib and play with them or use the TS2 Store baby items that are otherwise useless/unnecessary.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#6488 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 11:22 AM
@grinevilly
Top Secret Researcher
#6489 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
*snip*
But you cant get fresh produce from a grocery store bin!

-gE
>=)

Ahem... TS1 Coverted Produce Stand for TS2
Copied from the page-->
Here is a grocery display from which can also be purchased the Seasons vegetables. Those can be brought individually, or in bulks of five, ten and twenty-five. Just like the regular groceries, it’ll require a cash register on the lot to do so.
Found under appliances/large on both home and community lots. However, it will not be functional on residential lots (unless of course, said lot is a home business - you’ll then be able to sell groceries from it.)
The object requires the OfB, Nightlife and Seasons EPs.
Mad Poster
#6490 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 9:32 PM
For some reason one of my households get a visit from a burglar at least one every rotation (seasonal), and I feel so bad for their oldest child. He's been traumatized by burglars since he was a baby! He doesn't have time to get over the last burglar before a new one appears. This last one has made me wish there was a way for Sim kids to sleep in their parents bed for a night, with both parents. I imagine most children would be pretty terrified and would appreciate the comfort of having a parent on either side. I know I can sort of fake it with a single bed placed in the middle, but can still dream if it being an actual thing.

Mad Poster
#6491 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 9:35 PM
Someone made a co-sleeper OMSP thingy that lets toddlers/babies sleep with both parents, it may be possible to make one with a regular single bed.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#6492 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 3:03 AM Last edited by grinevilly : 9th Oct 2017 at 6:50 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Goldenbtrfly
Ahem... TS1 Coverted Produce Stand for TS2
Copied from the page-->
Here is a grocery display from which can also be purchased the Seasons vegetables. Those can be brought individually, or in bulks of five, ten and twenty-five. Just like the regular groceries, it’ll require a cash register on the lot to do so.
Found under appliances/large on both home and community lots. However, it will not be functional on residential lots (unless of course, said lot is a home business - you’ll then be able to sell groceries from it.)
The object requires the OfB, Nightlife and Seasons EPs.

Yeah, Crisps&Kerosene's page is pretty awesome! They really do awesome work with TS1>TS2 conversions. Thanks for sharing that link. The thing is, I have farmer sims who run a farm stand, as their business. While Crisps&Kerosene's object allows sims to buy (and sell) Seasons produce on community business lots, the problem is that it's restocked like the grocery bins. You don't stock it with your home-grown produce. You just basically refill it. Now, when you harvest your veggies, you can just sell 'em directly, and earn a tidy sum. When you take 'em to an OFB lot, you've gotta sell them one-by-one and you NEVER earn the kind of money you would by just instantly selling it. Makes it not worthwhile to have an OFB farm stand, when you've gotta buy each item one by one and wait for the owners to restock it.

I appreciate the link, though!! =) It comes in handy when my non-farming Sims just wanna go buy fruits & veggies for their juicer! haha =)

-gE
>=)

PS -
@SneakyWingPhoenix GOOD LUCK with the vampire wardrobe!! Omigosh, that'd be EPIC if you were able to make a functioning sleepable closet for vampire sims!! That'd be one of the ALL-TIME GREAT (and Hysterical!!) custom objects, ever!!! hahahha
Mad Poster
#6493 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 3:08 AM
@grinevilly - I think you might like Sun&Moon's stuff. There's more crops, fruit trees and berry bushes, apiaries, spices and herbs, livestock, and all sorts of other fun stuff. A lot of the stuff is integrated and works with each other too.
www.medievalsims.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=240

Forum Resident
#6494 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 3:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
@grinevilly - I think you might like Sun&Moon's stuff. There's more crops, fruit trees and berry bushes, apiaries, spices and herbs, livestock, and all sorts of other fun stuff. A lot of the stuff is integrated and works with each other too.
www.medievalsims.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=240

Thanks, @ihatemandatoryregister !! I appreciate the link! I'll have a look around there =) I have several items from the Keep, and several that I have always meant to download, but haven't actually done so yet. I definitely appreciate the tip!

By the way... what are "apiaries?? hahahha... I guess i'll have to go look!

-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#6495 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 4:01 AM
Beehives.

Mad Poster
#6496 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 4:32 AM
@Ihate-Sun & Moon have beehives. I mean, bees make honey, and that's what the apiaries are there for...reference:
The Bee's Knees Apiary Set - Update v1.1

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#6497 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 4:42 AM
Yes, I was answering grinevilly's question about what apiaries are. )

Mad Poster
#6498 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 3:02 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 9th Oct 2017 at 4:01 PM.
I feel there could be mods that bring specific features mechanics from other iterations of the games. Like making a butler behave like the one from TS4.

I also addressed this in another thread, but there should be a hack to make influence-clean to children be available. Also, I would much prefer bribing over the influence system, but of course less cheaper.
Mad Poster
#6499 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 7:39 PM
Oh, I really would love to have a "bribe" option! Just a "bribe" option in general, so I could have one sim give another money for an immediately boost in relationship. Like tipping a service sim, but available on all sims. Mostly I want a convenient method of face-to-face exchange of funds so I can skip over the middle steps of buying an item and placing it in inventory to gift or finagling some way to get target sim performing for tips. (And really, rich sims should be able to buy friends, like in TS1. )

But a "bribe to clean" or "bribe to do my homework" would be so fun as well!
Forum Resident
#6500 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I also addressed this in another thread, but there should be a hack to make influence-clean to children be available. Also, I would much prefer bribing over the influence system, but of course less cheaper.

@SneakyWingPhoenix - Wouldn't the "encourage neatness" option pretty much cover that? I mean, it's not gonna make them go on a lot-wide cleaning spree til motives tank, like older sims, but it DOES have the advantages of not costing influence points, AND raising neatness personality traits! =)

Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Oh, I really would love to have a "bribe" option! Just a "bribe" option in general, so I could have one sim give another money for an immediately boost in relationship. Like tipping a service sim, but available on all sims. Mostly I want a convenient method of face-to-face exchange of funds so I can skip over the middle steps of buying an item and placing it in inventory to gift or finagling some way to get target sim performing for tips. (And really, rich sims should be able to buy friends, like in TS1. )

But a "bribe to clean" or "bribe to do my homework" would be so fun as well!

@Rosawyn - the interaction /animations already exist, in that you can pay off "furious" sims to stop kicking over your garbage can or stealing your newspaper. I suppose you'd have to remove the "furious" checks, and create a pie menu with the different outcomes you'd want to occur from the interaction. Sounds doable!

-gE
>=)
Page 260 of 582