Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#4276 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 10:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
I was thinking about using the Visitor controller to prevent grouchy sims from showing up but I'm not sure.

I have Visitor Controller (how did I ever play without it?) and if I see a fight brewing then I step into Bouncer Mode and ban the offending party. Or parties, if I don't know who started it. On my teen-only lots, Sophie Miguel seemed to be the usual culprit, for some reason.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#4277 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 12:56 PM
I never have trouble coming up with baby names. Last time a baby was born, the mother screamed EXACTLY when the lightning went off. I laughed my ass off. So I named the baby after the Latin word for thunder, Tonitrua.
Mad Poster
#4278 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 3:33 PM
Thanks for the suggestions

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Instructor
#4279 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
I never have trouble coming up with baby names. Last time a baby was born, the mother screamed EXACTLY when the lightning went off. I laughed my ass off. So I named the baby after the Latin word for thunder, Tonitrua.

Must be a signal. What is the future planning for this baby?
Theorist
#4280 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by saturnian
I have Visitor Controller (how did I ever play without it?) and if I see a fight brewing then I step into Bouncer Mode and ban the offending party. Or parties, if I don't know who started it. On my teen-only lots, Sophie Miguel seemed to be the usual culprit, for some reason.

I finally go for the "smite" option. The sim who started the fight got smited.
It seems that, for now Bonneville's inhabitants play kickybag instead of fighing.
Field Researcher
#4281 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 8:46 PM

The German for thunder is Donner, which is homophonic with Donna (a real name).
Top Secret Researcher
#4282 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by velvetina
Must be a signal. What is the future planning for this baby?

Oh, I don't know! Nothing special. What should I do then? :o Maybe she needs to become an evil witch.
She may be the heiress of the family, I don't know yet! I'm playing a kind-of legacy where every generation must have 10 kids, and when there's 5 teenagers, they go to the university, and one of the sims in that first group (the prettiest of course ) becomes the heir/heiress and moves back to the same house. So her future is very unknown atm!
Top Secret Researcher
#4283 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by saturnian
The German for thunder is Donner, which is homophonic with Donna (a real name).

I read "homophobic" I was like WHAT is going on? xD
Oh that would have been a pretty name! But also quite common, so I prefer Tonitrua Although Donna sounds nicer, I admit. Oh well
Link Ninja
#4284 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 8:59 PM
I've been on a same-first-letter twin naming kick for the last couple of years. It kind of just helps me keep track of who is twins with who: Roderick and Rosaline; Sherya and Shalin; Atticus and Amelia; Franz and Fauna; Andante and Adagio; Pryce and Peirce; Marquez and Mercedes, etc

Before that I used rhyming names, but it gets a bit hard after a few to keep finding Rhyming names unless you want to go with Mary, Gary, Barry, Jerry, Larry, Terri, etc but at that point why waste tha ton twins when you could make them quintuplets? (I don't have that mod, yikes If I did!)

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#4285 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 5:54 AM
I need to break myself of the habit of thinking that once I've started work on the interior of a lot, I can no longer make changes to the exterior. The cafeteria on the terrace of my hospital lot has been bothering me because it's too small for quite a while, and yet it only occurred to me this afternoon that I could expand it.

Still have to see if that approach works the way I want it to from an aesthetic standpoint, but it was really kind of a "hey, duh" moment for me...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Scholar
#4286 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I'd be grateful for baby name input, if anyone feels up to it. Twin girls Parents are Alicia Flex (a playable I created as the sister of the premade Max Flexor from Academie Le Tour) and Henrik Lindström (downtownie with one of those pre-set appearances).
Any suggestions on fitting names? I can't seem to think of any baby names any more, last two babies in born in my game were called "baby girl" and "baby boy" until turning toddlers when I finally gave up and asked my sister to name them

Assuming their last name is Lindstrom: For boys, Frederik and Valdemar; for girls, Sofia and Freja.
If their last name is Flex, maybe replace Frederik with Magnus and Freja with Laura or Lorelei.
Mad Poster
#4287 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
I've been on a same-first-letter twin naming kick for the last couple of years. It kind of just helps me keep track of who is twins with who: Roderick and Rosaline; Sherya and Shalin; Atticus and Amelia; Franz and Fauna; Andante and Adagio; Pryce and Peirce; Marquez and Mercedes, etc

Before that I used rhyming names, but it gets a bit hard after a few to keep finding Rhyming names unless you want to go with Mary, Gary, Barry, Jerry, Larry, Terri, etc but at that point why waste tha ton twins when you could make them quintuplets? (I don't have that mod, yikes If I did!)

The Ottomas quads (three females, one male) are named Jasmine, Lily, Violet, and William.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Link Ninja
#4288 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 7:34 PM
That would just confuse me! I'd be like, who is this William and why is he hanging out with triplets?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Field Researcher
#4289 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 8:45 PM
I read "homophobic" I was like WHAT is going on? xD

Given that 'n' and 'b' are right next to each other on a QWERTY keyboard, I consider myself lucky to have escaped an embarrassing typo.
Forum Resident
#4290 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 9:55 PM
That moment you realize that eventually you'll be renovating the Fiesta Tech Campus someday.

(I'm just not sure I'm ready to go through it again....)

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Mad Poster
#4291 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 2:55 AM
I had fun designing my Kingsman Tailors lot after having seen Kingsman: The Secret Service a few years back... When I was watching Kingsman: The Golden Circle today, I kept finding myself thinking about how I'd design a similar lot with a more Western-Americana theme after seeing the distillery that the Statesmen use as their HQ in the new film...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Theorist
#4292 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 5:29 AM
I really need to get a new photo editing program or figure out what's wrong with mine. I have some houses to share and would like to've shared other pictures to the various threads, but my paintshop pro has been crashin on me when I try and use it for over a year now. I've tried Gimp and it just confuses me so after givin it a try I close it in frustration. Done that many times hopin that one time I might actually understand it ... lol. They do say that hope springs eternal. *sigh*
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#4293 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 5:44 AM
Do you have a lot of custom brushes and stuff added to your paintshop pro? Or have the disk where you can reinstall?
Theorist
#4294 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 5:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
Do you have a lot of custom brushes and stuff added to your paintshop pro? Or have the disk where you can reinstall?

You can do that? ... lol. No, I don't have anything special added/ downloaded for PSP other than what is on the disk. I have not tried doin an uninstall/ reinstall as of yet as that means I need to go track down where in my box of stuff the cd is :P. Seein as how I'm havin more Sims time I just might need to do that here soon and see if that doesn't fix my issue. I was just a bit peeved that I tried to use it a bit a go and it crashed on me ... again.
Mad Poster
#4295 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 5:59 AM
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

Mad Poster
#4296 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 6:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
I really need to get a new photo editing program or figure out what's wrong with mine. I have some houses to share and would like to've shared other pictures to the various threads, but my paintshop pro has been crashin on me when I try and use it for over a year now. I've tried Gimp and it just confuses me so after givin it a try I close it in frustration. Done that many times hopin that one time I might actually understand it ... lol. They do say that hope springs eternal. *sigh*

Try this: https://www.getpaint.net/

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Theorist
#4297 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 6:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Try this: https://www.getpaint.net/

Thanks I'll check it out.
Mad Poster
#4298 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 6:21 AM
I've been using it for years

Mad Poster
#4299 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 8:21 AM
Don't underestimate the consequences of making a Sim take a day off from work

Silly fortune Sims and their workaholic behavior

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4300 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 10:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat

Which version of PSP is it? I've had mine for years (and years and years) and it's still working fine. You can get a free and older version of Photoshop here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-su...romoid=19SCDRQK

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Page 172 of 515