Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#4126 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 12:29 AM
In the past, the largest family I ever made comprised of five members, including an elderly cat and a dalmatian. However I find it easier to start off with one or two Sims at a time, and if I want them to have a growing family it will be a slow and steady process.

The last family I worked with recently had the guy and the girl get married to each other after college, they bought a cat from the pet store, and finally they gave birth to one adorable baby boy. It's as far as I want to go with that, especially because it now perfectly fits the original setting. I even decided to turn aging off while their kid is a toddler.

I have worked with four Sims at a college dorm during my livestream once. Yet, I constantly paused the game to command my Sims what to do at a comfortable pace since their free will was turned off. Even as I've grown more accustomed to having free will on recently, I still pause and go often. Only reason for that is so I don't have to tell my Sims to go to class or work when it's that time.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#4127 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 1:21 AM
Toddlers can ride dogs. (Got them from here!) Moveobjects on, and the M key to change the slots.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#4128 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 3:34 AM
Yep they can. Though make sure the dog is yours..otherwise, you'll loose your toddler when said stray leaves your lot..or be quick.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Theorist
#4129 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 3:43 AM
Thanks to all ya'll who informed me that I didn't need to use the dividers to make the neat floorin patterns by just usin the ctrl + F. Now I"m in trouble ... lol. When it took time to do and you needed to move this here or there, place and remove ... and blah blah blah, I didn't do it often. However, NOW since ya'll showed me how easy it was I'm havin to curb my enthusiasm to make ALL rooms creative patterns. Sometimes learnin new things isn't always a good thing .... teehee :p
Mad Poster
#4130 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 3:49 AM
Hey, if you think it's fun, go wild with it. If it's not fun and you keep doing it anyways, then you might have a problem.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Theorist
#4131 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 5:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Hey, if you think it's fun, go wild with it. If it's not fun and you keep doing it anyways, then you might have a problem.

I was more or less thankin ya'll for showin me the better way to do it and bein silly 'bout it all. :D
Mad Poster
#4132 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 6:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I wasn't playing, but I had a brainstorm last night while waiting to fall asleep, and I think I've solved a long-standing mystery about routing protocols - why they sometimes divert from a straight-line closer goal to a much, much further one, only to come back again. It's about doors!

I was thinking about a diner I've put into Knotthole County, in which the restrooms are only accessible from outside the building. I did this as part of a design intended to prevent the staff from washing dishes in the bathrooms instead of using the dishwasher in the kitchen, by ensuring that the dishwasher was much closer to the dining area than the restroom sinks were. And yet, in playtest, they always take the plates to the restroom. They aren't just going to the nearest dishwashing place - since the kitchen is separate from the diner, and moreover has a service area that's fenced off and accessible through a gate, they're going through the nearest portal that has a sink behind it, which is the entrance door they have to walk past in order to get to the service area and kitchen! To solve this problem, I'll need to put the entrance at the far end of the building from the restroom, and either remove the gate or put the dishwasher in the service area.

This should also explain why, when there's dining tables inside and outside, sims will sometimes serve a couple of meals at the indoor table, go outside, set one or two plates at the exterior table, then come back inside to finish setting the table. It's because the tables are set up so that the advertising or whatever on the exterior door extends across the tables. So the sim comes out of the kitchen, sets the plates between the kitchen door and the exterior door going in the standard (I think clockwise?) direction, trips over the information: "Door with dining table beyond," sets out the plates between the intersection points of the line of the door, encounters the information again, and comes inside. If sims go upstairs to the bathroom counter to prepare food, there's probably a door between the refrigerator and the nearest kitchen counter in the direction the sim turns after taking the food out.

This all needs testing, but I'm sure I'm right.

Interesting. Can you provide a visual demonstration (screenshot how the restaurant looks before IF you had redesign portal positions and after comparison) ?
Mad Poster
#4133 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 11:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
Sometimes learnin new things isn't always a good thing .... teehee :p

So true. I do love learning new areas of creating, but then comes the dilemma of all the exciting new things you want ot make, plus all the old exciting things you wanted to make, and the lack of time Need moar time!!

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#4134 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 11:35 AM
We akk neef tgis in reak liff: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=303295

Inventor
#4135 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 5:43 PM
I can only think of that Simpsons Halloween clip where Bart ordered a stopwatch that froze time around him.
Screenshots

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Mad Poster
#4136 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 6:55 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 3rd Oct 2017 at 8:18 PM.
Tempus Interruptus would be much better If the sims didn't react to it.

P.S. Let's not deprive this thread away from the main topic any more.
Alchemist
#4137 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 8:25 PM Last edited by mdsb759 : 4th Oct 2017 at 8:48 PM.
did some more testing with randomizing in Body Shop; AnyGameStarter base game, full game (Nightlife+University).
randomizing removes any of the following:: stubble, beard/mustache, makeup, costume makeup, glasses.

found out that the number of shipped version blush differs with skin tone; cloning/creating sims in Body Shop. s1 & s2, 7; s3 & s4, 6; player-made skins, 5. have not checked with "unlocked" skins.
checked in the create parts section; there are 11 total shipped version blush.
Mad Poster
#4138 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 5:59 AM
Not today's, but casting spells has a range limitation. Maybe I knew it before, but it was notible wheb I had my cast a spell on floor one I believe, while she was on unaccesible rooftop.
Mad Poster
#4139 Old 5th Oct 2017 at 1:03 AM
If you shift-click on the mailbox and summon Mrs. Crumplebottom onto a residential lot, she lectures Sims when they try to bathe.

Inventor
#4140 Old 5th Oct 2017 at 5:13 AM
Since I haven't really worked with very grouchy Sims, this is a first for me. Right now I have one parked in front of a mirror practicing charisma and he keeps arguing with it quite sternly. Also, the numerous times he loves to cheat in games is extraordinary. He'd make one very vocal leader, but I don't think I'd want to live under his rule.

Mad Poster
#4141 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 7:02 AM
If you have move objects on, you can grab the skill bubble over a kid learning to study and move it. It will stop filling up and stay where you've put it after the homework is done.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Link Ninja
#4142 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 7:26 AM
Default Not all statues are created equal
Just blipping around in camera mode in the neighborhood view, climbing into windows and snatching some snapshots up and found that...the statue podium of the man's face is really detailed in comparison to other statues...

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Inventor
#4143 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 7:56 AM
The Hob-o-Chan grill and Frankie bear are some of other Maxis' items that will retain their full texture in neighborhood view. Same for CC cars (most if not all) but not Maxis'.

Scholar
#4144 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 12:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
Just blipping around in camera mode in the neighborhood view, climbing into windows and snatching some snapshots up and found that...the statue podium of the man's face is really detailed in comparison to other statues...

There are a few objects like that, they just forgot to make a low poly version. The bread tree and that big potted palm are the examples I can think of.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Mad Poster
#4145 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 7:43 PM
WDIDT: If there is a mirror presented in clothing bontique, the sim "trying on clothes" will walk to it and check themselves out. I just had a for the very first time, a teen doing just that and she showed a smug face on it when turning her side against the mirrow.
Scholar
#4146 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 7:44 PM
Does this mean it's doable to create a mahoosive pack with high-poly textures in place of the low-poly?

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Scholar
#4147 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kankritty
Does this mean it's doable to create a mahoosive pack with high-poly textures in place of the low-poly?

It’s technically possible to replace all the meshes and textures that are supposed to be low poly with their high poly version, but your hood would explode. And it wouldn’t fix the rest of imposters, such as the house mesh, wall and floor textures and so on. You can manually change textures to better ones (Criquette wrote a tutorial about it), but they will be replaced with default ones whenever you save that lot.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Mad Poster
#4148 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 10:36 PM
For those who have both the "YA's college in the Hood" & the welfare table, good news!

If they can't earn their keep by having a job (and in this instance, they can't..) they can apply for and receive welfare benefits!

Same as any adult-based on their skills, and they can update it when they upgrade their skills.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Test Subject
#4149 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 10:54 PM
Today, after years of playing, I discovered you can occupy more than one room on hotel lots; I felt incredibly stupid :/
Top Secret Researcher
#4150 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 12:14 AM
I don't know why I never considered this as a thing, but dogs can dig holes indoors if there's no flooring in the room.
Also, it appears the mailman doesn't come on Sundays. I was playing and saw the mailman come by and pick up some bills, which was strange since I didn't recall paying any last rotation. But the last rotation was a Sunday, so I guess I paid them on Saturday.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Page 166 of 442