Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 1:20 AM
Default Medieval/19th Century Neighborhood
I'm looking to build a 18th or 19th century maybe even medieval neighborhood that basically looks and functions without anything modern (cars, computers, etc) now I know I cannot disable the wishes for modern technology but I don't want to see cars coming for carpools or anything, Is there any mod which I can select to disable carpools and school buses? because I have other worlds where I want the bus and carpools to come but not for this neighborhood! Also, I want some medieval style houses that I can find as well as clothing and stuff, I am also looking for a world that has no modern roads and basically like dirt roads and stuff, Can someone help me find these?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 5:45 AM
The first thing you need to do is cruise a site called Plumbob Keep: http://www.medievalsims.com/

Other sites have things, including this one, but you'll save yourself a lot of searching if you systematically go through their downloads. They are unfortunately suffering from the photobucket Fiasco, which is inconvenient; but trust me, you'll love their stuff.

Keep your eye open for the word "default." You can default roads to be dirt rather than asphalt; default cars into horse-drawn vehicles; default Maxis outfits into things that fit your vision. These will affect all your hoods, but there's ways around that: using an Any Game Starter setup with its own Downloads folder, and having multiple Sims2 folders, renaming the ones you're not presently playing, being the most popular.

Good luck and have fun.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)