Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Spice Pony
#51 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 4:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kikaimegami
I do that too, but it's a manifestation of anxiety. (Wake up at 3am thinking I smelled something burning, pace the house for a half hour breathing manually while I sniff everything, knowing the scent was in my mind but unable to let go of it.). So that could work for anxiety disorders too, you'd just have to RP it.

EDIT: Actually, looking back on it, the neurotic trait is honestly anxiety-disorder-the-trait, so...

aaAAAAAAAAAA

True. Though I should point out that there is some anxiety in my case, too. I essentially have two different sets of symptoms: physical symptoms, which include classical compulsive behaviors like "I much touch this spot on the wall a million times", or "this chair needs to be in this exact position, down to the millimeter", as well as weirder things, like echolalia and twitches; and psychological symptoms, the most prominent of which is the constant subconscious need to have an all-consuming anxiety of some kind. When I was younger, I was always watching the clouds, sure that any bit of sky darker than pure white meant a giant storm was going to kill us all. When I reached my teens, I spent my time worrying that various extremely mild childhood misbehavior from years prior made me a horrible, unlikable person. Now that I'm in college, it most often crops up as me obsessing about what every new piece of information means to my overall worldview, though thankfully, it's a pretty minor concern nowadays, because I have medication to deal with it. Ah, SSRIs. How I love them.

Wow, that turned into a long bit of rambling. I guess it was therapeutic. Um… I guess, the point, if there is one, is that it actually sounds like the neurotic trait fits your thing better. Mine is pretty convoluted.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#52 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 1:31 AM
I've got Major Depression and Anxiety. If I was trying to recreate my symptoms, I'd give a Sim Loner, Neurotic, Brooding...is there a "Desperate for attention" trait that doesn't conflict with any of the above? That's often how my anxiety manifests itself--I'll be sitting around craving human interaction but too scared to seek it out.

"If I be waspish, best beware my sting."
Mad Poster
#53 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 11:49 PM
My son is on the autism spectrum and if I had to choose traits for him, they'd be Genius, Perfectionist, Inappropriate, Artistic, and Hotheaded. He's 13 and sometimes it's like walking on eggshells when you want to ask him a question. His expressive language still needs work, but ask him how you make, say, fifty-three cents and he'll think for a moment and give you a right answer. If he feels like answering, that is!

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 9:29 PM Last edited by Salamancer : 9th Feb 2015 at 4:48 PM.
I'm pretty much Absent Minded and a Light Sleeper, but I'd rather not make my self-sim that.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit on February 9, 2015: Plus, I'd rather the traits had ways to adjust the intensity of each of them. In real life, even if people have the same exact "traits", each would be at a different intensity. That means they wouldn't actually act exactly the same.

Maybe someone is stronger at being "Inappropriate" than another inappropriate person. Maybe one can sort of get along with other adults sometimes.

Maybe one "Light Sleeper" can sleep after 1am, but the other takes until 6am to finally fall sleep. And maybe yet another can stay up three days in a row and then crash by 8pm of the third day.
Instructor
#56 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 7:31 PM
i really need this trait : SOCIAL ANXIETY DISORDER please
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#57 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 7:59 PM
Please don't comment in old and dead threads. ^-~
Locked thread | Locked by: Greenplumbbob Reason: trying to avoid a thread apocalypse :P - Dead threads should stay dead ;)
Page 3 of 3