Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 7:13 PM
Default What are the odds of having two burglars in two consecutive days and the sims weren't even sleeping?
To make it even more weird, two police cars come and the two police officers took turn to fight the burglar. The first police officer won the fight and the second lost!!!

In the second burglar scenario, my sims were having a birthday party. And the burglar came in the middle of the party. Then two police cars came trying to arrest the burglar, then came the third police car warning us our party was too loud !!!!

Strange situation indeed
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 7:16 PM
Not strange but maybe a bad mod or a hood about to go by-by, if it not a mod then its could be corruption.

It does not say what EP/SP you have installed so to that have you made sure you have all of your EP's patched.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#3 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 12:31 PM
Haha. Probably a sadorandom error

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Inventor
#4 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
Not strange but maybe a bad mod or a hood about to go by-by, if it not a mod then its could be corruption.

It does not say what EP/SP you have installed so to that have you made sure you have all of your EP's patched.

Man, all this funny stuff I see happening to people is usually corruption, what's up with that?
Scholar
#5 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 3:44 PM
sounds like the burglar may have gotten stuck. a simple solution may be to just do a force error on the burglar. I swear ya'll go to neighborhood corruption every time. if you want to try a force error ctrl-shift-c, boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled true, click on the burglar and select force error. then boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled false. if you don't want to do that just download the batbox and use it force errors on in world. always save and make back up copies of your game.

Check out my simblr https://www.tumblr.com/blog/tbssimblr

Click the link, you know you want to. ;)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 4:15 PM Last edited by gazania : 24th Jan 2015 at 9:59 PM.
The batbox might also give you a clue as to whether this is an error or not. You might possibly get a "nuke stuck burglar" or "fix stuck NPC" message. Even though I've had the Batbox for years, it still comes up with a strange message or two when I look at it. If the dude shows up again, pause and take a look.

Over the last several years, both my daughter and I have had rare issues with technical Sims hiccups in our games. We use well-known mods and are particularly very careful about not doing anything that causes corruption over the past few years, have discarded many hoods, and even now, we get weirdness every once in a very long while (I believe it was twice last year for me). I think that sometimes, the game borks and,stuff just happens. Once, even though my daughter had no vacation hoods, she had the witch doctor do a walk-by in her main hood. I've had two instances when a driver did a walk-by (in both cases, i had saved very quickly after a car came back from a community lot ... maybe that was the cause? I have no idea.) In neither case could a Sim interact with the NPC (nor did we circumvent anything to attempt any communication) . it would walk by, and that's it. I've had a food judge visit a user-owned community lot, and I've had a tour guide call my Sim. These are all different hoods, with different configs on different machines over the last three years. Pre-AL and post -AL. XP and Win 7.

Perhaps it's a little more like squiggly lines than, "It's the End of my Hood as I Know It!" If it's an extremely isolated incident and you see nothing else that would alarm you, and you've read the section on corruption, know it by heart, and don't do any of those things on the list, note the incident, definitely, but play on. If things go insane, it's reset/delete time for that hood.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 12:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xxsoulfire123
Man, all this funny stuff I see happening to people is usually corruption, what's up with that?

Hmm. I think people tend to assume corruption whenever something happens, where it could just be a one off glitch.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 11:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
The batbox might also give you a clue as to whether this is an error or not. You might possibly get a "nuke stuck burglar" or "fix stuck NPC" message. Even though I've had the Batbox for years, it still comes up with a strange message or two when I look at it. If the dude shows up again, pause and take a look.

Which demonstrates the importance of placing the batbox somewhere on lot (where you can't see it) and leaving it there. The Build/Buy mode greys out when a burglar comes doesn't it?

Quote: Originally posted by gazania
Over the last several years, both my daughter and I have had rare issues with technical Sims hiccups in our games. We use well-known mods and are particularly very careful about not doing anything that causes corruption over the past few years, have discarded many hoods, and even now, we get weirdness every once in a very long while (I believe it was twice last year for me). I think that sometimes, the game borks and,stuff just happens. Once, even though my daughter had no vacation hoods, she had the witch doctor do a walk-by in her main hood. I've had two instances when a driver did a walk-by (in both cases, i had saved very quickly after a car came back from a community lot ... maybe that was the cause? I have no idea.) In neither case could a Sim interact with the NPC (nor did we circumvent anything to attempt any communication) . it would walk by, and that's it. I've had a food judge visit a user-owned community lot, and I've had a tour guide call my Sim. These are all different hoods, with different configs on different machines over the last three years. Pre-AL and post -AL. XP and Win 7.

The driver thing can happen if you do something that deletes the car while on lot (might not be deliberate). When you do that, you delete the car but not the driver sim (different instance). He or she then does what they are programmed to do and walk off lot.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#9 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 6:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon

The driver thing can happen if you do something that deletes the car while on lot (might not be deliberate). When you do that, you delete the car but not the driver sim (different instance). He or she then does what they are programmed to do and walk off lot.

OK ,,, my curiosity is piqued ... how on earth could I have deleted the car? Unless ... my clumsy explanation about the carpool/vacation return is related to that. In the first instance, I saved improperly while on vacation. I'll never do that again ... the driver walking by (and waving ...least she was friendly!) wasn't the only weird thing that happened. Fortunately, I was doing a 50/50 on a test game to find an errant mod (which might have had something to do with the other weirdness, but probably not the driver, since I did have the related recurrence below several months later), so I was going to the back-up, anyway.

The second time, I really don't have a strong clue. Apparently, the car had just dropped off my Sim from work; as in, the car was still there. That was why I posited that perhaps I saved a little too quickly. I do prefer to save after the car leaves, but for some reason, in this case, I didn't. Perhaps, in saving too quickly, I confused the game. I used to see cases in my early years of gameplay where I saw the driver one second before I saw the car. Perhaps the car and the driver didn't sync or something in this newer case.

At least it doesn't look like a case of "My hood! My hood!" Noooooooo!" At least, I hope not. Really, I would prefer not to re-discover obscure ways of hood corruption. Someone else can take the job. Please!

Mad Poster
#10 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 8:44 AM
Sometimes the car gets reset and deletes or returns to the original entry position rather than just jumping where it is. I've definitely had it with carpools before. If you install any global mod or anything relating to careers it will reset the carpool, sometimes dragging your sim out of work to do so.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 11:57 AM
Yeah, I agree with simsfreq - probably just a glitch gazania. That does happen. It's when it happens every time you need to worry.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 8:26 PM
It just happened again , this time with 3 cop cars..... Weirder and weirder !
Mad Poster
#13 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 8:48 PM
Now you get 3 cop cars, ok i am even more thinking it is corruption or a very bad made mod or a mod that is not for you game set up.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 8:52 PM
It happens relatively rarely so it is really hard to identify what the problem is !
Mad Poster
#15 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 11:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jimbbq
It happens relatively rarely so it is really hard to identify what the problem is !

Ugh. I hate that. It's not as if you can do a 50/50 and wham! There's the problem.

One hypothesis I entertained for the witch doctor visit and the tour guide call was a particular mod I had updated in my folder. I wasn't sure whether this mod caused the problem, and am still not. It was only when my Servo started acting really, really strange that I suspected this mod at least caused SOMETHING wonky to happen. I went back to the original version of the mod, but am still crossing my fingers this was the problem child, even months after all these things happened. To this day, I'm not sure. I don't know if I'll ever be sure 100%. There is still a high possibility this was a Maxis burp, since there have been other rare instances of these problems over the years, and I have no idea whether these people had this mod in their game or not. (Knocking wood until knuckles are red.)

I would take a very, very, very close look at other Sim behavior outside of the burglar. Do you notice any Sims doing a jump bug interaction at any time? Can they do all the interactions on the menus without any problems? (That is, do they refuse to do an interaction?) Did you add a mod recently?

Google a bit, or use the search function on certain known mod sites, and look at descriptions of your mods. Has anyone reported strange behavior after they downloaded one of them? In my case, people reported strange behavior that was not the same as the ones I experienced, but then again, they might not have been playing Servos. If a mod is exhibiting any strange behavior, that sends out a red flag.

Have you downloaded the last updated versions of the mods? There are mods for which I did not find any updates. I kept those in a separate folder marked, rather unoriginally, "checkthesemods". Old, obsolete mods can cause problems. If the mod came out in 2007, it might not work with AL, for instance. I had that problem with at least three mods, which I had to reluctantly discard.

It's obvious that something is making your game do something strange, but it sometimes takes hours of testing to find out the culprit. I know. Good luck!

(And ... nags incessantly ... if you suspect a culprit , back up your game, use a test copy, test the stuffing out of it until you're sure, fix your backup, put that back in. You can make two backups, if you like.)