Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#26 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 10:43 PM
I would avoid Windows 8 like a bad smell for many reasons and giving Sims 2 a whole heap of trouble is only one of those reasons. It's so bad they are jumping to Windows 10 and bypassing windows 9.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 11:52 PM
Yep yep, my husband and I are holding off on getting new computers until Windows 10 is out (as long as it isn't utter crap like 8 apparently is). My game runs just fine on my slightly over 4 year old laptop, so I'm not in any rush.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 1:09 AM
They have a bit of a track record for putting out something good followed by crap followed by good, so I am expecting 10 will be good. If it's good for Sims 2 is another matter.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#29 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 4:44 AM
I am posting on the family laptop, which, by the way, my mother is being super nice and allowing me to download Sims 2 on this!! Anyways.. Yea.. That's a lot of replies. I have to go look at all of those now (kill me now) but I found out there is a crack in the laptop screen, and my mother just might end up buying me a moniter. But there is about a million reasons why she shouldn't do that, mostly being about the condition of the computer:

-Broken keyboard (I had to insert in a wireless one)
-Only one usable USB, others don't work
-WiFi is broken, stuck using an Ethernet cable
-Overheats
-And now, a broken screen

I should also mention it was a budget laptop, a gift from my Aunt as an Xmas gift when I was 12. So my dad has been itching to get me a new one because right now it looks like.. a mess. So, time to read all of those replies.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#30 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 4:54 AM
Oh, and the reason they are doing Windows 10, is probably because the manufacturer are Chinese, and the number 9 is like bad luck or something so they don't wanna make bad luck.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#31 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 5:00 AM
I've heard they are distancing themselves from Win 8 by jumping to 10. yeah that lap top sounds ready for the dump.
Edit: Which is the tip, which it still might not be called that in the US... large rubbish area not to be mistaken for toilet habits or other American words. *gets herself into a tangled cross cultured word usage mess*

~Call me Jo~
Page 2 of 2