Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 5:00 AM
Default Is there a way to force specific wishes?
Via mod or not, is there a way to choose/force a specific wish for my sim?

Context: I'm in Into the Future and I want her to wish to get a legacy statue.

I have searched several pages of Google and this forum and other forums.

Thanks for any info
Advertisement
Instructor
#3 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 10:33 AM
If you mean the wishes that are rolled as little achievements that give Lifetime Happiness points, you can use NRaas Master Controller to select specific wishes and roll random wishes. I'm not sure if it's Master Controller base mod that has this function or if it's one of the modules. I'll edit this if I figure that out.

I'm hoping you mean opportunities. If so, here's the path with Master Controller (click on your Sim):

NRaas > Master Controller > Basic > Opportunity (also Opportunity: By Category and Opportunity: Random).

With MC you can also easily change Lifetime Wishes (along with a gazillion other things).
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 10:35 AM
You cannot influence regular (not lifetime) wishes directly and as far as I know there doesn't exist a mod that allows you to. But you can somehow increase the chances of them rolling particular wishes by engaging your Sims in activities that are connected to the wish you want or promise wishes that are somehow related. I think that one of my Sims suddenly rolled the wish for a legacy statue after sending him to the legacy statue park several times and have him look at the statues. He did roll wishes to read the inscriptions and suddenly the one to have one himself popped up. At the same time he was practising bot building and after a while he wanted to be remembered as the founder of bot building. In addition he also had the bot builder lifetime wish, so rolling that daily wish was somehow natural. But I played him again with a different lifetime wish and he still wanted the legacy statue after doing the things I mentioned before.
Other wishes are somehow chained to previous wishes. So if I want a Sim to become an erotomaniac, I usually promise all romance related wishes they roll and after a while they almost naturally only roll romance wishes, or at least more than the others. So, like nitromon said, you can try to inspire them.

Quote: Originally posted by lindali365
If you mean the wishes that are rolled as little achievements that give Lifetime Happiness points, you can use NRaas Master Controller to select specific wishes and roll random wishes. I'm not sure if it's Master Controller base mod that has this function or if it's one of the modules. I'll edit this if I figure that out.
I think you are confusing this with the opportunities. MasterController allows you to select specific opportunities, but not wishes.
Instructor
#5 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 10:40 AM
@Don_Babilon: You can change Lifetime Wishes with MC. I've done it too often for my Sim's good.

The path for changing a Lifetime Wish is (clicking on the Sim):

NRaas > Master Contoller > Intermediate > Lifetime Wish (then a box pops up verifying that you want to change it). It allows you to proceed with changing the LW or back out without making any changes.
One Minute Ninja'd
#6 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 11:18 AM
@lindali365, Lifetime Wishes are different than the wishes that pop up. The LTW for say "World Renowned Surgeon" is selectable, and changeable, through MC. However, what I believe folks are referring to here are the random wishes such as "Chat with John" for 150 LTR points (or master x skill for 5,000 points). Which is different the Opportunities, which give you different rewards (catch 3 dragonfish and present to the military base for a monetary reward), typically money or a boost in skill level or career performance, although sometimes some LTR points (maybe, I'm really not sure if any opportunities actually do reward LTR points).

I do not believe you can select the types of wishes that reward LTR points through any mod, MC included, although the Lifetime Wish, and Opportunities can be "selectable" through MC. And the path for changing the LTW you posted is correct for that item, but not for the types of wishes under discussion that the OP was requesting.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 11:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lindali365
@Don_Babilon: You can change Lifetime Wishes with MC. I've done it too often for my Sim's good.

The path for changing a Lifetime Wish is (clicking on the Sim):

NRaas > Master Contoller > Intermediate > Lifetime Wish (then a box pops up verifying that you want to change it). It allows you to proceed with changing the LW or back out without making any changes.

But you were talking about the daily random wishes, unless I completely misunderstood you. And these you cannot change with MC. There are requests for MC to do so and twallan and his successors put it on the list of possible future features. But so far it hasn't been done.

Edit: ninja'd by eskie?
Instructor
#8 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 11:24 AM Last edited by lindali365 : 26th Jan 2015 at 11:38 AM.
Ack! You're all correct, thank you for clarifying the wishes, opps, and other.

Pausing to let my brain catch up. This is the type of confusion (on my part) that is brought on by a combination of: setting up another world to play in while trying to fix a build from hell, all the while keeping one eye on a stink bug that is making its way across my ceiling. I should just go to bed : )

Thank you again!
One Minute Ninja'd
#9 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
Edit: ninja'd by eskie?

@Don_Babilon, I know, right? First time that ever happened.
#10 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pakallakikochino
Via mod or not, is there a way to choose/force a specific wish for my sim?

Context: I'm in Into the Future and I want her to wish to get a legacy statue.

I have searched several pages of Google and this forum and other forums.

Thanks for any info

For a legacy statue wish, BEFORE you get too close to doing it e.g. before you get to level 8 in bot building if you're going to be the Pioneer of Plumbotics, Go to legacy park and look at the statue and read the inscription.

Repeat 2 or three times ought to do it if it is ever going to work at all.

Teens can do Pioneer of Plumbotics but not the Philanthropist one, since they can't buy lottery tickets. As far as I can tell, the Trendsetter and the music one has a glitch and doesn't work - or I don't know how they are supposed to be done. Never tried the Time traveler one.
Test Subject
#11 Old 29th Jan 2015 at 7:42 AM
I've gotten this wish when I have visited Legacy park.... good luck!