Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 7:36 PM
Default How to save the lots to reinstall in the future?
Hey guys, say you come across a community lot that you REALLY love and you want to install it in your game. You download it, and install it with cleaninstaller etc. everything works perfectly. However you took a long hiatus from the game and you come back a year later, reinstall TS2 and everything in your downloads folder. When you load up that same lot, all the CC is missing.

You remember that you saved a copy of the Sims2Pack...you reinstall it, but still the CC is missing. Now you have to search for that lot again online.

How can I truly save a community lot and all its CC so I can reinstall it again in the future without having to hunt it down online?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 7:50 PM
After making it the way you want it package it up and now you have it for as long as you keep a copy of it.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 8:24 PM
I have never packaged something before, does it save a copy of the CCs that were used?

And isnt it what the Sims2Pack things are? When i download a community lot it comes as a sims2pack extension ...and i save those in a separate folder. but even when i install it at a later date it doesn't install the CCs. My game ends up with pink flamingos and gnomes everywhere.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 8:36 PM
Sometimes cc simply refuses to package with a lot or it shows up in CI but still does not show up in game. Does the cc show up in CI? Was the lot from here? It could have also been the cc wasn't included but you might have not seen the blurb saying 'get it here' or probably forgot to.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 9:31 PM
Yes the lot is from here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=309302

I only downloaded 6 lots ever. This was the one I remember liking a lot and use it in every hood. I saved the sims2pack file in a sub-folder in my downloads folder just in case i need to install it again (or when MTS goes down...who knows). Even when i reinstall the sims2pack file that i saved it doesn't come with CC but everything else is there. I had to go to the link and redownload the file.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 9:51 PM
I see it says this:
Quote:
*IMPORTANT* *IMPORTANT*
The custom content is in its own file. You must download this also and install to your Downloads folder if you want the library to look like the photos.

Do you have the separate file of custom content? You should always read over the description a creator puts up.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 10:05 PM
OMG I totally groaned out loud when I saw that. I am such an idiot. I cleaned out my downloads folder a long time ago and deleted some of those items by accident. The file in my lots folder only contained the sims2pack file and not the CC. Thank you for pointing out my stupidity. UGH
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 10:16 PM
We have all missed the obvious. At least it will work now.

~Call me Jo~