Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 11:12 AM
Default Townie Neighborhood
Hey,

Can I make a copy of the Townie or NPC and place them on other Neighborhood using SimPE 'cause I don't want the same default townie characters in the Sims 2

I am truly a Sim Fan
Not a Warcraft or a Civilization,
I am truly a Sim Fan

ttp://www.missingstudios.com/ms/signaturegenerator/finished/mysig_801995495.jpg
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 12:46 PM
You will get the defaults anyway unless you use empty templates when you create a new hood. You can make your own townies but you need the empty templates to prevent the appearance of the default townies.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Inventor
#4 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 1:36 PM
There are ways to batch-create Townies using the Sim Blender, the Tombstone of L&D, and notownieregen (only if you want no new townies).

For existing townies, you can either A) kill them off and populate a sp00ky graveyard or B) Delete them in safely. (B is using SimPE... right guys?)
For a new neighborhood, a quick google search will come up with clean templates.

If you want to be really particular about how townies look, BodyShop or CAS sims will work just fine.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 2:36 PM
You need empty templates installed to stop townies from being put into your hoods. The best ones now are here at MTS for the stealth hoods http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=520751

And for Pleasantview and all the others that are not included in the stealth hoods link. you can use this one, its in testing stage but so far it looks great. http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=544800

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Field Researcher
#6 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 5:02 PM
I found this tutorial by Miros helpful. Just be sure to back up your game (including the original neighborhood files/folders) before you make any changes.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 6:25 PM
Sorry PP that is inaccurate - even if you just have the base game, the game will make a whole pile of townies for every neighbourhood you create. And what's more they will be the same townies because the game copies them from the Pleasantview files in the game folders (not My Documents). I can tell you exactly how it works if you like since I did tests right through the run of TS2 to record how the game generated neighbourhood content.

With NL and Uni installed to a base game (the earliest test I immediately have to hand), the game will generate 87 character files in an otherwise empty hood on creation. Those are the townies and NPCs. It will add two more batches of character files as you add a university (custom empty) and downtown (custom empty) taking the total to 263 character files before you play one single second of game time, nevermind create your own sims.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#8 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MrsM'Quve
I found this tutorial by Miros helpful. Just be sure to back up your game (including the original neighborhood files/folders) before you make any changes.

You will end up with a heavily corrupted neighborhood if you just remove those files. You can just rename that entire Neighborhoods folder to something else, create the neighborhood and rename it back. This is what the AnyGameStarter do when you create an empty neighborhood. But this is only a temporary fix because if you rename that folder back, the townies from Pleasantview will be added to your neighborhood but if you use the mailbox to generate townies or create custom townies before renaming the Neighborhoods folder back, then they won't come back. Maybe you don't even have to generate townies. I believe the townie group from PV shouldn't come back if there are families in the neighborhood...

By the way, you can disable the townies by renaming the folder but it's much easier to install empty templates because then you don't have to worry about townies who suddenly come back, etc.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 8:55 PM
But How do I copy the specific sim as a townie off of my neighborhood into the new neighborhood using SimPE?

I am truly a Sim Fan
Not a Warcraft or a Civilization,
I am truly a Sim Fan

ttp://www.missingstudios.com/ms/signaturegenerator/finished/mysig_801995495.jpg
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 9:00 PM
You can extract the sim. There are various tutorials about, here is one http://modthesims.info/t/94489

Once you have your sim extracted open body shop and clone them. This cleans the sim. You then delete the extracted sim which is normally further back in Body Shop and your clean clone will be near the beginning.

If you want this sim to once more be a townie and not a playable as they will come out of CAS as, you can use the Simlogical teleporter. Click 'make me a townie' and they will walk off the lot you placed them on as a townie.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~