Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 3:03 AM
Default Sims 3 music in other stuff
Is the music for the game open for anyone to use? I've heard it as inserts on the Food Network and I just heard it on a NatGeo show.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 3:12 AM
You might wanna include a link to the specific song. But yeah, I've heard people say they've come across Sims music in other things.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 3:44 AM
My best experience with that ws when I heard sims 3 loading music in the background of a show named "Sex Sent Me to the ER"
Beautiful.

Scarlett. 15. Sims obsessed. Mermaid at heart.
Instructor
#4 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 7:34 AM
I once heard TS3 music n a JFK document.
Alchemist
#5 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 9:34 AM
I heard music from WA EP in a travel program.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 7:53 PM
So this makes me wonder, is TS3 music royalty free or something?
Field Researcher
#7 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 11:04 PM
There's a Century Link ad that uses some of the build mode music. Couldn't figure out why I was having dejavu as I've had Twoftmama's mute mods for so long.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#8 Old 21st Jan 2015 at 9:32 PM
It's not royalty-free or anything, but TV shows and others stuff have been using Sims 3 music for a few years now. EA sold the usage rights to various shows, America's Top Model used to use build/buy mode all the time.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 5:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ButchSims
It's not royalty-free or anything, but TV shows and others stuff have been using Sims 3 music for a few years now. EA sold the usage rights to various shows, America's Top Model used to use build/buy mode all the time.

You mean, this music? Or this one?

Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody. And I'm trying to make something wonderful for The Sims 3.
Test Subject
#10 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 8:43 PM
So glad I'm not the only one who's thought they've heard sims background music on television. I can't remember exactly what show it was, but I do think it was on TLC. Makes me wonder where else it's been used, haha.
Theorist
#11 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 4:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Scarlett O'Awesome
My best experience with that ws when I heard sims 3 loading music in the background of a show named "Sex Sent Me to the ER"
Beautiful.

OMG we must have watched the same show !!! lol I was ROFLMAO when I heard it while watching and my husband asked me what I was laughing about and I told him. He thought that was too funny.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Instructor
#12 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 1:33 AM
I heard it today while I was watching "My Strange Addiction" with my sister. (hilarious when it happened because we're both sims fans) It was an episode where people were making themselves into real life dolls. I guess Sims music fits, in that case.
Test Subject
#13 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 9:29 PM
I've heard it in a Norwegian tv show, and also in a few advertisements here. So yep.
Freaked out the first few times, kinda gotten used to it by now though. Until they air another commercial with TS3 music in it. Then I'll freak out a little again and be like "THAT MUSIC IS FROM THE SIMS" while my family just kind of shrugs it off, like eh, it's from the sims, no big deal.

Something tells me this happens all over the world, or at least where the series is sold. I wonder if that's true.
Theorist
#14 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 9:32 PM
They've been using all kinds of Sims 3 music on America's Got Talent for years.

Resident wet blanket.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 7:31 PM
Yeah, A mjaor Dutch station used TS3 music all the time a few years ago.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )