Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 5:10 AM
Default Sims 2 Superstar!
I don't know about others but Superstar was my favorite expansion pack in the Sims 1. So I was wondering has anyone ever tried to come up with a celebrity system in their Sims 2 game, beside the little popularity thing going on in Apartment life. I mean actually setting up a "Simmiewood" of some sort. Have models, singers, actors etc..

I do remember at one point I tried, I had this sim who was a singer but she left that life to settle down with her fiance. Though you know paparazzi... every time she left the house I used those celebrity cones from Simslice I believe, and had her fans flocking to get an autograph. I also tried to make every sim know her because she was a celebrity. Hmm, just wondering if anyone has any ideas to expand on this, once I get my downtown open in my current hood I do want celebrity sims again. Also I was thinking of doing shows like Big Brother, ANTM, & The Bachelor. With my singer sims, I'd have them throw concerts and my Actors, I would film little mini movies with them, then show them in a movie theater I want to build. ( Still unsure how this will work). For my models, I plan on opening a modeling agency, and having them do Fashion Shows. I don't mind doing stuff manually, and using my imagination.

Thanks ahead of time for any suggestions.

You should never come between a woman and her dream, and a man who never knew his place.

Livejournal
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 7:40 AM
I don't really know of any, and if there had been an unofficial Superstar EP released it would probably have been a big thing.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 7:44 AM
I have thought about it fleetingly before. It's a bit disappointing if you are a 'well known' actor to not actually be known. I have also used the cones.

There are cards on MogHughson postal system. Not fan cards (That would be an idea) But some of the friendship or Valentines cards could work. The star could sit there writing a pile and send them to his or her fans, or fans could send them to the star.

Simwardrobe has a fashion controller.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 8:13 AM
The glitch with the wish for beauty from the genie could definitely be abused to get fans stalking someone.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 12:01 PM
I often use this career, which is based on TS1 Superstar, for my celebrity sims. I dress them in expensive looking clothes, complete with perfect makeup and luscious hair, fake nails, lashes and whatnot and move them into a luxurious house, buy them multiple expensive cars.. They usually mingle with all the business men -and women of the neighborhood, visit the hottest clubs in Downtown.. I think it's really fun, it's very different from the way I usually play the game
These celebrity sims often own venues too, be it a trendy clothing store or a classy restaurant in the heart of the town.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 7:36 PM
Zengarden you're right, OFB is my favorite expansion pack , but who knows what Superstar could have brought to the table.

Thank you so much Joandsarah77! I've never thought of fan-mail. I can imagine my (pre) teen sims writing fan-mail to their favorite pop star.
Charity, what glitch is that? I definitely could use some obsessed fans.
Littlejestersims, Thank you for the link to the career. Most of my celebrity sims will be living in downtown in luxury penthouse apartments, I don't think any celebrities would live in my main hood. It's not really the town of opportunities.

Anyway, thanks for the ideas so far. I think I'll adopt the Superstar levels ( Trendsetter, Stepping Stone, Name Dropper etc.) and base it off how many friends and successful jobs they complete.

You should never come between a woman and her dream, and a man who never knew his place.

Livejournal
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 8:16 PM
IIRC there's a floor in TS2 (don't remember what EP or SP) that references Studio Town, the neighborhood The Sims Superstar introduced, in the description. That's the only EAxis link between the two games that I know of.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 8:25 PM
If you reserve the secondary aspiration, you can give celebrities (who don't already have it as a primary) Romance in that slot, causing everyone to pause to notice them (swooning or wolf whislting) as they go by, for starters. As they gain greater fame you can give them massive attraction through increased walk-by as perks.

Sims with high charisma will be admired differently by other sims, who will positively fawn on them.

Even though she lived fairly modestly, my rock goddess Mary Munny did a fair approximation of celebrityhood, because people were constantly walking past her house and gaping, stopping her to gush, etc. The strangers and near-strangers who called her up out of the blue were her fans - when teen Ezekial Gavigan started calling her every night he got elected president of her fan club. Townies she dated who were also in the music industry became her back-up band, manager, etc.

It's a certain amount of trouble, but you can use cheats and editing tools to create one-sided relationships - including crushes, if you'd like a stalker in the story.

You may even be able to use the BV "take my picture" function or the photobooth to simulate letting people get their pictures made with celebrities, or the vacation neighborhoods to send them "on tour."

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#9 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 2:28 AM Last edited by Charity : 23rd Jan 2015 at 11:34 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by barracuduh
Charity, what glitch is that? I definitely could use some obsessed fans.

From the wiki:

Give Me Beauty

Success: It acts as a love potion — the Sim is more attractive to others. The wisher's attraction points will be set to 100 for four days, which will give him or her strong chemistry with all Sims of the appropriate age(s) and gender. However, NPCs ring the Sim's doorbell at all times.

Failure: NPCs will still ring the Sim's doorbell at all times.

There is a mod at ModTheSims which will prevent them from coming by between 10 pm and 8 am.
Do not attempt to move out Sims whose wish for beauty is still in effect. Doing so will cause the attraction boost to be permanent.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 5:59 AM
Fake audience http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=239504

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#11 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 8:34 AM
Yep, I was going to say that in my sim world the Freetime perks are reserved - "Massive attraction" goes to sims who actually have something which makes them superficially attractive to a lot of people. Either physically attractive, rich, or famous. Increased walkbys = they have to be famous or have a particularly spectacular house. I consider "famous" to be that they have a job which would make them well known.

In some ways, I like the star system for fame which TS3 has, but it's way too sensitive at lower levels - I don't think it should kick in unless they are really trying or in certain career tracks - and all sims seem interested in it whereas I think some wouldn't care (which is disappointing, really they ought to have put that into traits, like a shy sim would hate the idea of being famous.)

On balance I prefer the fact that you create your own idea of fame in TS2. As you're inside your sim's heads somewhat, you might not be able to control their animations, but you can think "Oh look, there's Malcolm Landgraab," and have your controllable sim react appropriately.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#12 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Do not attempt to move out Sims whose wish for beauty is still in effect. Doing so will cause the attraction boost to be permanent.

Huh. I guess that explains why the vampire Juliette Ivanovich seems to have been universally and eternally acclaimed as being more beautiful than Helen of Troy by the Sims of my megahood... at least it fits with the story I'm doing with her! And it seems like it'd be appropriate for celebrity Sims too... how many times has George Clooney been named the sexiest man alive? And didn't Sean Connery get it when he was like 90 or something? Locking in that boost forever seems like it would be fine for Sims who you want to be like that!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Fake audience http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=239504

It says that "it is actually a sim in sitting position,you have to place it on any seat you want and you can use as many as you wany", does this mean its an NPC object or just a plain 'sculpture' object?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 9:09 PM
It's under deco sculptures so I thought it was just a deco object. I just found it last night when I was looking for something else, I've never used it.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 10:33 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, definitely will be cheating in the genie lamp for my celebs and the perks. I remember using that fake audience years ago. I believe they're just sculptures too. I forgot what I was doing exactly but I know I needed an audience and probably filled up over 100 chairs with those sculptures. I don't recall anything odd happening. So it should be good.

Livejournal
Test Subject
#16 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 2:22 AM
I loved Superstar and Makin Magic I miss them but I got so used to Sims 2 that playing Sims 1 is just frustrating.

but i must say i had an awesome collection of custom stuff for Sim 1 if Sims 1 had Open for business I would probably be playing that all over again
sins it has become my favorite expansion for Sims 2.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
From the wiki:

I did this with one of the premade students Phineas something (not sure what his original surname was, he married my CAS sim Hermeseta Pinkleton -Forbes), he wished for beauty a couple of days before he graduated, and now has it forever. He is seriously the most desirable sim in the entire megahood and I'm pretty sure rock star sims aspire to be Phineas - which is funny when you consider he's a high school teacher.

You lied to me…There is a Swansea!
Mad Poster
#18 Old 29th Jan 2015 at 12:09 PM
Here's my idea of a Sims 2 'Superstar'-like EP:

Description:
Are your sims tired of the same old stuff they watch on television? Is your town missing out on all the hustle and bustle of the world of film and cameras? Is your neighborhood lagging behind on the latest trends? Well, now, with the TS2: Superstar (I would have used 'Showtime', but since EA has proved that going forwards isn't always a good thing, I guess going backwards a bit is!), your sims can enjoy the lavish and scandalous lives of the celebrity world!

Features:
-Celebrity status meter: Paparazzi will follow you around and pop out of nowhere depending on your celebrity status! This could be plus for your outgoing sims, but a nightmare for others...
-New careers: Fashion, Newsroom, Show-business (for those who don't have the Uni EP), Music (for those who don't have Seasons), Dance (for those who don't have FT), etc...
-New Neighborhood!
-New interactions
-New build mode items
-New buy mode items
-Etc...

Yeah, I dream a lot...
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#19 Old 29th Jan 2015 at 6:48 PM
You could do the meter thing as a mod (though it would probably be a PITA to get it to work). The paprazzi would work as a new NPC (we know this can be done because Chris Hatch, amongst others, has done it). The new behaviours might be difficult though. Careers would just need designing (and, no, I'm not volunteering for that - see my post in the careers thread) but very doable. Interactions - another difficult one. The rest is regular CC and I'm pretty sure there's quite a bit out there already. You could use the SimWardrobe fashion controller for one sort of activity. And I should think posing for photographs should be doable. But acting scenes would be hard and it would also be problematic to code in options for the player to choose actions and have them rated as the original SS did. I never particularly liked SS myself but there was some good gameplay in there.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 6:46 PM
Would be sooo cool having a expansion pack like this ):