Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 8:18 AM
Default Opportunities not working?
I'm playing a latest-patched, unmodded game with base game and Seasons, and I've been playing for a few human hours/about nine sim days. I am playing a family of two adult siblings, one who has the tinkerer ambition (naximize logic and handinesss) and is in the scioence career, the other has the (whatchacallit? creative-type) ambition (maximize guitar and painting). Some things annoy me-- the constant trivial messages, and the ridiculously short time food lasts in the fridge--but only one thing seems to be an actual glitch. Maybe? Or maybe I don't understand the thing is all.

The brother has received everal invitations for opportuinities. I hae tried to accept two of them. But after I click the big check mark to accept the opportnity, it goes away leading no residue. Is i relevant they were both opportunities to fix someone's electronics. The sister has fufilled an oppostunity for the music career.

What do you think? Isolated meaningless incident, sign of impending doom, or a containable problem?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 1:02 AM
Try installing Nraas ErrorTrap and see if it comes up with anything. It won't fix anything, but it will generate an error report (if it can) for you to check out.

It could also be bugged items, if just the electronics repair opportunities is what has problems. In that case, Nraas Overwatch would be the recommendation, because it cleans up broken items from the game.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 6:55 AM
Thank you. I am not sure it's only those that don't work of course, since I've only tried three opportunities so far. So those mods are ones that I just install and leave in?

(honestly I'm a little intimidated by the prospect of installing mods in Sims 3. In Sims q all I have to do is drop the package file in the folder, and for Sims 3 I'm looking at theswe swathes of internally-inconsistent instructions, but I'll work my way up to doing this)
Site Helper
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 8:34 PM
Yes, you install them and leave them in.

(Don't worry. Once you have the Framework setup (which you can also download from the Help file here at MTS that explains Package CC) you can install Sims 3 CC just as easily as you could in Sims 2, by dropping it into the proper folder. You can even organize it the same way. You can do this,)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 12:22 AM
Thank you, things seem to be working now.