Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 10:43 AM
Where do unbefirended sims go?
I do not think that this is needed to be placed in the Help section but is so, feel free to move it. This is not a real problem, it's just one of this things that may be interesting to sort out.

Yes, the title is sort of strange but I did not find any other way to describe this. The thing is that I do have a sim somewhere in my game that I do find sort of strange. The sim is in many sims "friends" list but I have not seen him in the game itself. This is not an issue because it happens all the time (townies and self created in the bin sims whit no friends got sort of "forgotten" by the game). But the thing is that this sim is all grey! Yes, the face and clothes are grey. He could been bitten and live as a vampire but as he hold his head in a bad angle I can not see his eyes.

I really don't know the english name of the sim so what's why I have to search for him. Swedish players do however know him as "Clabbe Malmros". I did search the Sims Wikia page and found two candidates: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Zion_Phelps and http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Larry_Owens . The later sim suites the image best since he is wearing a shirt. But can Hobby sims become vampires? I never play the hobby lots but I can check it next time I play (next week). (The sweish version of Sims Wikia is very incomplete so I do not try to search there).

Yes, it's a sort of a mystery. But that I do know is that the sim is not deleted (I only make a mistake like that once).
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 10:50 AM
Can you take a screen shot of this sim in your sims relationship panel? It's a bit hard to know exactly what is what with the description.

Could the sim in question be very cold? Sims can go a greyish colour when very cold.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 10:52 AM
He isn't the human statue is he?

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Human_statue
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 2:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Can you take a screen shot of this sim in your sims relationship panel? It's a bit hard to know exactly what is what with the description.

Could the sim in question be very cold? Sims can go a greyish colour when very cold.

I could try to take a screen shot. But I wont be playing until next week so it's gonna take some time.

"Charity" No, it's not him. He must wear the right clothes and the right hair. I never created a sim like that myself so it must be a townie. But I will provide a screenshot in a week (the computer I use now (Linux) is not the same that I play on (Windows) and in order to use it I must shut down this one, disconnect screen keyboard and connect it to the other one and... Well you get the picture. It takes far to long to do so). But I will fix it, I swear.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 2:48 PM
Its not the "Mystery Sim" memory that all single adults and older have is it? http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Mystery_Sim

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#6 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 6:26 PM
I think he's probably either a vampire (they often have odd positions in their profile picture) or he appeared as a visitor on a winter lot some time, got cold and hasn't appeared on any lot since so hasn't had a chance to warm up.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 3:51 PM
I was going to ask if he could be cold too - or possibly a zombie, they are kind of greyish looking.

You lied to me…There is a Swansea!
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 4:40 PM
I did promis to provide images. I tried to take some sort of snapshot and make it bigger in Paint (the only easy image editor on this computer) so you may take it at it is. Here it goes:
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#9 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 5:09 PM Last edited by gazania : 31st Jan 2015 at 5:46 PM.
Do you have Sim PE? Is there a way you can open his file?

That might give you a clue. What do deceased Sims look like in a panel? (I haven't killed a Sim for a while, and don't play Sims with deceased family or friends, so I don't remember.)

I would not summon him in the game, just in case. I would think it safer to sniff around in Sim PE. Don't do anything to the dude himself ... just look at his stats and memories.

It's definitely not the statue, and if I recall, the "cold" color is more blue-gray than gray. But I could be wrong.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Theorist
#10 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 5:22 PM
Deceased sims disappear from the panel completely.

That is an S4 sim who has been turned into a vampire. The one eye I can see does look rather reddish, and that is a legit vampire pose. For proof of that (because it's not very dramatic as vampire poses go) I offer a picture from a mod that replaces the pose completely: https://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=509323

Nothing to worry about, unless you were hoping to have the sim become a professional tanner or something.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Mad Poster
#11 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 5:25 PM
He's definitely a vampire.
At first I was questioning it, because that wouldn't explain why he has grey clothes, but then I checked through the wiki and found this sim:
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Justus_Andersen
> Same facial structure
> Same hairstyle
> Same skintone (you can just about tell from the picture that before becoming a vampire he had dark skin)
> Same grey clothes

On the same note, when do vampires autonomously bite? I had Hermia Capp get bitten, and then I left the community lot straight away because I heard if you don't then the vampire will go on a biting spree and I wasn't going to risk it in case Mrs.Crumplebottom turns up. HOWEVER, recently when one of my sims tried to call the garden club, the blonde haired woman was a vampire! and refused to visit during the day so I couldn't get my Sim into the garden club (completely forgot about calling at night time because I was playing through the household quickly). I'm questioning if last time I was on a community lot, the vampire autonomously bit her? even though it wasn;t the same time Hermia got bitten

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Theorist
#12 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 5:30 PM
Once a sim has been bitten, any time a vampire (Gran Vamp or no) is on a lot with non-vampire sims, they can can bite one or more and turn them into vampires. My understanding is that the game will have sims autonomously turn others into vampires until the 'hood population of vampires reaches about 10%. (Couldn't source that for you, though. )

creaturefixes will keep Mrs. C from getting bitten, ever. It won't give anyone else immunity, but as long as you never get a sim bitten, the game won't start autonomous biting. If you want sims bitten, but not autonomously, then I think there's a hack out there for that too, but I'm not sure where.

Mad Poster
#13 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 5:48 PM Last edited by gazania : 31st Jan 2015 at 6:02 PM.
The gray shirt and the undramatic pose did throw me off, though it was one possibility I couldn't rule out ... good catch, there! I have a hack that severely limits vampire bites (DJ's Sims? Let me check) and don't play a Downtown, so I haven't had a vampire in-game for a while. I also have a skin overlay that doesn't turn them gray.

EDIT ... Here's the page with the vampire biting hacks. I was close: http://forum.jfade.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16

Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 11:08 PM
Thank you "Bigsimsfan12", it was him. When I did zoom in on the snapshot I did think that the eyes seemed to be a little reddish, but I was not sure. But now i Know so thank you all. When I first took notice of him I thought that he was somehow corrupt but now I know it isn’t so. A little funny tho that I never see him around.

I don't mind the vampires, In fact, I love them (guess I have a fetish for woman whit fangs ). So I do not think I'm going for a hack for that. But uncontrolled things can happen when they are around. Once I did visit a community lot whit a sim and saw one of my sims appearing in the relations bar. I thought: "Oh, there is Nicolas Qburg. But his not a vampire...". Pause, check first floor nothing. 2:nd floor nothing. 3:rd floor, Oh yes there he is. And he is a vampire! 2 steps back, a male grand vampire. Hmmm. Guess I have to take care of him later.

Last but not lest I have to apologies for the miss leading title. First I had plans to ask something more about how strange it is that I never see any of my own created sims from the sim bin walking around but I changed my mind as it may not be interesting or important. (You don't have to answer that now). Thank you anyway for your help.
Theorist
#15 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 11:14 PM
I don't think I've every seen any sim bin sims walking around town, although if you have a sim bin sim who has a job, they may come home from work with a playable. I think the game is coded that way. If you wan them walking around in the background but you don't want to play them, you can always plop them on a blank lot (or a lot with nothing but a phone and a table to put it on) so that they will wander around and you can give them a call.

Mad Poster
#16 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 11:47 PM
You probably never see him because he won't show up in the daytime, being a vampire Or perhaps you have some kind of hack blocking vampires from community lots.

Also, if you have a large number of townies (likely without you making a concerted effort to stop them!) it takes a long time to see a particular sim out and about, just because the numbers are too great.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 1:19 AM
Make sure you have Creature Fixes in to prevent any of your vampires from biting Crumplebottom.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#18 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 1:47 PM
I got this hack http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=278816 and it works great I think. It was one of the first hacks I downloaded and I do not think that I had been playing this long without it. It's gold!
Mad Poster
#19 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 3:07 AM Last edited by gazania : 2nd Feb 2015 at 8:04 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Make sure you have Creature Fixes in to prevent any of your vampires from biting Crumplebottom.

OK. I'm intrigued ... why would someone hit the "disagree"? Does someone want to nuke a game? Or does someone know of a dire mod conflict that we should be aware of?

Another method to get rid of Mrs. C would to put the Visitor Controller plant on every community and vacation lot. I even stick the plant on residential lots as well, just in case the game burps. It's admittedly more time-consuming, but I've had too many recent mod conflicts recently, and now am a little more cautious about mods and hacks. I have heard of some lucky people allegedly getting her even without a Downtown. I figure it takes me just a few seconds to not take the chance.

Another negative is that this may not protect you from her popping out of the wishing well. That's not a problem with me, since I don't use it. But it may be a problem with others.

And for some reason, people actually do want Mrs. C around. I could very well do without her, but some actually are amused by her antics.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#20 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 4:11 AM
Who knows, I wondered that one myself. Could also be that disagreeing fairy that flies around here from time to time.

I like Mrs C, I'd love to see her climb out of a well and thump somebody, but I've never seen it.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#21 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 11:55 AM
Maybe disagree is too close to agree if you don't check that you hit the right button lol.

I want to see the UC serenade Mrs C. So far I've only seen it on a video.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#22 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 4:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
I did promis to provide images. I tried to take some sort of snapshot and make it bigger in Paint (the only easy image editor on this computer) so you may take it at it is. Here it goes:

@.>> Mrmo >> The Sims you are showing in the picture that is highlighted in green around him, his name is "Justus Andersen" he's a Sims from Nightlife "Downtown Neighborhood."
He is a very nice Sims and most Sims seem to like him a lot he is easy to befriend, I see him all the time in my game when I go to NL downtown he's a townie from there.
He is not all grey, but in my game he is in living color. ( normal looking )

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".