Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 5:36 PM
Default Favorite eye sets ??
Not sure if this has been discussed much, but what eye sets do you all like ? I am looking around and would love to find a larger set of cartoony maxis matchy colorful set. I have searched through quite a few here on MTS but I love to see what other people use, and possibly how people use multiple sets together that work well. Should this be a WCIF ??
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 6:13 PM
I like these......

http://www.parsimonious.org/artists...ges/eyes_1.html

There's a lot of variety, 'cartoony' and otherwise.

" Inama Nushif "
Field Researcher
#3 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 6:32 PM Last edited by lella27 : 30th Jan 2015 at 6:45 PM.
I use eyes that are more on the realistic side, but I use a sclera mask I made out of AlfredAskew's sclera on every sim so that the eyes animate well like Maxis match eyes. The full face makeup version of the sclera mask is attached to these sims of mine. There's also the sclera mask that Poppet made out of MSWN's animation-friendly sclera, which doesn't have the pink parts in the corners but it also has more shading at the top. The sclera mask of Anva's legacy sclera is the most Maxis match. I'm also patiently waiting for the new sclera that Pooklet is working on.

What I look for in eyes is that the pupil is centered, the iris is not too big, the catchlights are in a place that make sense to me, the textures are pretty and come in nice colors, and that they make the eyes look round/3D.

My favorite eye set is Jessi's Keep It All Inside and Trapping's recolors of it. There's sooo many colors and they're all so pretty!
Originals and defaults
Trapping's recolors 1
Trapping's recolors 2

I also have these eye sets:
One
Two but only the "Cyclops" set
Three
Four
Five
Most of the eyes that are in Pooklet's Dropbox
A lot of eyes by AlfredAskew, most of which you can find in her Livejournal, some are on here and some are on Garden of Shadows. Plus these recolors (the second set)
These alien eyes and these recolors I made of them. Also these alien eyes.

There's also layerable eye effects, like cat pupils and shine and tinted contacts and stuff.
One
Two
Three

And here's some cartoony eyes like you asked for! 300 of them.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 6:49 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 30th Jan 2015 at 11:27 PM.
I've used the same default eye set ever since I found it, the 312 set by Helaene (or rather, a slightly modified version). I also have some non-defaults for variation, but use the 312 set for most of my sims, since I find them rather lively with lots of expression.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 7:00 PM
Bruno's "Behind These Eyes", packaged by Qinctia. The great thing is you can try them out as defaults before installing the geneticised versions.
Inventor
#6 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 9:30 PM
I only use my own eyes at the moment (shameless advertising)

But in the past I've relied on:

Rensim - Mayday
Rensim - Retooled
Yumedust - Eye Love

Sometimes I would use eyes from -Shady- but I didn't like that they were just cut to black around the eyes, so if they moved their eyes it looked weird.

I'm the kind of person that'll only use one set of defaults and matching townified/geneticized colours.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 10:13 PM
I use
Poppet-Noodle-Sleeping Lion non default. Not a hundred percent happy with the pink in the corners.

Default JessiHo and PU Anva (modern sims 2 folder) Found it http://jessi-dot.dreamwidth.org/2876.html Ugg got to change that name on that folder.
Default Looking For Group (medieval sims 2 folder) http://juri-anne.livejournal.com/331529.html

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#8 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 10:40 PM
I really love all of Mouseyblue's, Enayla's, and Anva's eye sets. However, lately, I've been really in love with Nilou's recolors of Bosie's Kathe Eyes http://digitalperversion.net/garden...p?topic=15608.0. They are so doll like and beautiful without being the overglazed look.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 9:25 AM
hi currently using Anna's edits of Sarhra's eyes as my defaults....http://an-nas.livejournal.com. I think they are very bright in game. In the past have also used Poppets Hand out and Punch up eyes: http://poppet-sims.tumblr.com. I also have a set of eye contact by Goat---more whimsical colors.....lavender, bright blue, etc just for fun.
Theorist
#10 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 11:45 AM
I recently switched to these defaults by Queen of France, and I'm really liking them. There are non-default versions with more colors, too, if you like more variety.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Mad Poster
#11 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 1:17 PM
The key deciding factor for me is often green, and brown. Blues and grey are usually pretty in most sets, but the greens are rarely green enough for my taste, and the brown not brown enough.

I really love Bruno's Behind these eyes, but I'm not big on the realistic eye-thing. It just looks creepy to me. I like the cartoony maxis sclera, so I made my own versions of Bruno's eyes with maxis sclera, and that's what I use as defaults. To go along with those, I use a maxis-match I made of Sparkling eyes by Shady. Been meaning to upload those for a while, but haven't gotten around to it. The Bruno ones are uploaded though, if anyone had the same dilemma as me.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 4:58 PM
These are my feelings exactly and I love this set you made. I would love to see the other sparkle ones when you get around o to uploading. Thank you so much ...

Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
The key deciding factor for me is often green, and brown. Blues and grey are usually pretty in most sets, but the greens are rarely green enough for my taste, and the brown not brown enough.

I really love Bruno's Behind these eyes, but I'm not big on the realistic eye-thing. It just looks creepy to me. I like the cartoony maxis sclera, so I made my own versions of Bruno's eyes with maxis sclera, and that's what I use as defaults. To go along with those, I use a maxis-match I made of Sparkling eyes by Shady. Been meaning to upload those for a while, but haven't gotten around to it. The Bruno ones are uploaded though, if anyone had the same dilemma as me.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 4:59 PM
These ones are very nice as well. Vibrant and colorful. I really like the maxis sclera or the anva type

Quote: Originally posted by esmeiolanthe
I recently switched to these defaults by Queen of France, and I'm really liking them. There are non-default versions with more colors, too, if you like more variety.
Instructor
#14 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 7:13 PM
The All You Need eyes by Inksomnia are my absolute favorites, because I really think they get the sense of Maxis Match without being too much like the maxis eyes. I just love the way they look. I honestly wish there were even MORE recolors and options, I'd be eternally grateful if the creator or someone else made more of them. It has four parts to the set and I use all four parts, including the defaults. I think they look even better on sims than they do in the preview pics. Here are the links: Part 1: Defaults, Part 2: Supernaturals, Part 3: Pets and Part 4: Custom Eye Colors.

Another one I really like, which is very different but also maxis-matchy enough to fit my tastes, is the Easy/Lucky/Free set which I always have trouble finding again because I like the specific version that's been edited by like three or four people. Anyway, the set I like is available here.

I also use this eye set because the eyes give sims that use them freckles, which I find really cool and a way of passing freckles down genetically (I have freckled skins but of course they could generate on anybody, whether the parents have the freckled skin or not)!

This eye set and this eye set present a very different aesthetic from my normal favorites, but I just can't resist them because they're so pretty. So I just ignore the fact that they're significantly less cartoony than the eyes most of my sims have. They're enough maxis match that it's not too jarring
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 7:43 PM
This one. And for some variety, these (Maxis sclera). They are my favorite set ever, I downloaded it like 2 years ago and I'm not going to change them. <3
Forum Resident
#16 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 6:58 AM
Forum Resident
#17 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by esmeiolanthe

I love those. In fact, they are already in my game. But I had to leave the game because for some reason, the eyes weren't appearing on the townies. I got the Dominate version, did I do something wrong??

P.S. I used the add-ons. Am I supposed to use the original? http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=514018
Mad Poster
#18 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 8:08 PM
I absolutely love maxis-match content (which is why my game consists of a lot of 3t2 content...), so I'm using these defaults currently.
Quote: Originally posted by jimlisa912
Should this be a WCIF ??

No, as it's not really a "Where can I find" question.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#19 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 6:13 AM
Sister Moon by Curious B I have ALL of them in my downloads folder - defaults as well.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#20 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 6:56 AM Last edited by Simonut : 4th Feb 2015 at 7:19 AM.
I really love the creator "LoveBottle" default eyes set >> http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=249373

They are crystal clear but yet very normal looking, I been using this set as my default.
But I also have other creators eyes set in my game. Shady, Nouk, Bruno,and dragon his
adoring and nevermind eyes. But my most favorite is "Agustin" crystal eyes they are beautiful.

Note: LoveBottle default to the left of the screen, Agustin Crystal eyes to the right. Click on pictures for a larger view.
Screenshots

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".