Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#26 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 10:40 AM
Eek, I don't want that to happen. Isn't there a mod for the SS as well?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#27 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 10:47 AM
Is the SS perhaps already covered in nodormieregen? I haven't actually set any sims to college since installing all the noregen/nospwan hacks, but I would hope so!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 1:36 PM
I should probably put it back in, might be safest but I am sure there is some kind of SS mod to do with numbers. Bit like the only 1 Proff mod.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#29 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 2:31 PM
I think it's the sshack (I think - got it wrong last time, there's also something for the social worker) - it prevents the game making more than one SS member. The game makes SS members from normal students. So secret society members are affected by both hacks. You need both if you have any dormies at all in your game or else they will all end up SS members in all likelihood because there is a bug in the game that makes it create a new member when one is called for by the game instead of using an existing member. It's a Pescado hack and I'd recommend it. Even without the secret society lot in the neighbourhood (Little Carping has none of that), you still get a SS student. Fortunately, with Pescado's hack, in my game it's always the same one.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Forum Resident
#30 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 4:01 PM
I'm ridiculously particular about only using the maxis unis with the hoods they most closely resemble!

Pleasantview + Sim State University
Strangetown + La Fiesta Tech
Veronaville + Academie La Tour

My Belladonna Cove is based on cities like San Fransisco and a hint Brighton, so I like a beachy, summery feeling with piers and docks, and sailing, surfing, boating etc. I'm really into giving each hood an overarching theme, so a uni would need to built with similar architecture, and have the same vibes as the main hood.

I love the idea of having a tiered university system where there's an expensive private option, a state school where nearly everyone goes, and then a community college campus within the neighbourhood for sims who aren't going to go 'away' to school. I hate the thought of all my teens going to one big university, so I want to offer the 'tiny liberal arts' college, and the 'religious/magic' school options too. And then once I've made all the subhood unis I need, and a few more for colour, I'll add whichever ones my teens will be most likely to go to. So the tiny liberal arts college might be the private option for a custom city hood like Hollis, and the 'hippy' option for a wealthy hood like Veronaville. (Those two styles would overlap very, very well, so I'd get some mileage out of that subhood for sure.)

I'd then be able to say that two sims in two totally different hoods attended the same college, but didn't necessarily know each other. < I love continuity.
Forum Resident
#31 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 6:35 PM
The mod for limiting secret society size is nossrespawn: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...opic,132.0.html
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#32 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 7:20 PM
Thanks Stitching - I keep getting that wrong. SSHack is for the social worker.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#33 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stitching
The mod for limiting secret society size is nossrespawn: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...opic,132.0.html

Had to check my MATY folder just to be sure, but yep: I've got it!
Page 2 of 2