Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th May 2015 at 11:49 PM
Default pose help-s3pe
I haven't done any creating for almost a year and now I just started getting back to making poses. I am now having trouble with S3pe. I know it's supposed to be at Simlogical and I'm supposed to get help there. But I went to the site and there is no longer a forum. It had a message that said you can email for help but I tried that and it said there was no address...or something to that effect. So my question is how can I get help with a S3PE error? I know a lot of people here use it so where do you all go for help now? OH, also is there way other than S3PE to get a pose into the game?
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 17th May 2015 at 7:09 AM
Uhm, probably it's OT here but if you describe the problem I'll try to help.
You can't use S3PE in general or is it something related to the pose?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th May 2015 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arsil
Uhm, probably it's OT here but if you describe the problem I'll try to help.
You can't use S3PE in general or is it something related to the pose?

Thanks,
It's actually just not opening at all.
It was working. I got one pose completed and into the game. Then the next day I went to open it to create a new pose and I just got this error message below. I tired uninstalling and reinstalling, tried older versions. I looked at anything I installed in the past few days and uninstalled it . Restarted the PC, I even tried system restore. But nothing. Keep getting this message. Nothing works. Any help appreciated.
It starts to load, and then I get the message below-

Application failed
Front-end Distribution: 14-0222-1852
Library Distribution: 14-0222-1852
== START ==
Source: System.Windows.Forms
Assembly: System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
SplitterDistance must be between Panel1MinSize and Width - Panel2MinSize.
at System.Windows.Forms.SplitContainer.set_SplitterDistance(Int32 value)

at S3PIDemoFE.MainForm.MainForm_LoadFormSettings()

at S3PIDemoFE.MainForm..ctor()

at S3PIDemoFE.MainForm..ctor(String[] args)

at S3PIDemoFE.Program.Main(String[] args)
-----
== END ==
Inventor
#4 Old 17th May 2015 at 9:25 PM
I don't know how to interpret that error message. The following is just speculation.

Did you do anything weird between last successful launch and first failed launch of the program?
Before it stopped working, by any chance, did it ask you to update?

Try using CCleaner.
Try to re-install it in a different path.
Try the no-install version and put it in your Desktop.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th May 2015 at 1:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arsil
I don't know how to interpret that error message. The following is just speculation.

Did you do anything weird between last successful launch and first failed launch of the program?
Before it stopped working, by any chance, did it ask you to update?

Try using CCleaner.
Try to re-install it in a different path.
Try the no-install version and put it in your Desktop.

Well the only thing I did was download and install TSR Workshop. I uninstalled that though. And I did run CCleaner after all of the uninstalling. I'll try to re-install it in a different path and try
the no-install version on my desktop. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll see how it goes.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th May 2015 at 7:04 PM
I got it working! *does happy dance*
I'm still not sure what happened, but I thought I'd post for those who might be reading.
I went back a little further in "System Restore". I had two restore points, one when SlimDX Runtime Net 2.0 was installed, and one when updates to Windows were installed. I restored it all the way back before them both. Restated the PC, installed S3PE and it worked!
Not sure what exactly bothered it, but apparently it had to do with something installed at that time, since it had been working only hours before. I thought it was the SlimDX Runtime Net 2.0, but then when I reinstalled TSR Workshop, SlimDX Runtime Net 2.0, was installed again and TSRW and S3PE both work fine now. Maybe something went wrong with the way TSRW was installed first time, since that's about when it stopped working.
I don't know if any Windows update could have caused the problem.
It doesn't' really matter to me, as it is working again. I just want to put out all info I can for someone who might be having the same issue.
Thanks again Arsil, for your help!