Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th May 2015 at 9:02 PM
Default S3PE Wrappers and ANIM file
For some reason, some of my S3PE wrappers do not work. They start (I get a spinning cursor and they show up in my task manager under processes) but then they drop without ever opening. Others, like the Edit STBL wrapper, do work.

Specifically, I have cloned the Stadium and Annex Sign from University with the intention of making a different one for my current world. It has scrolling text and 3 different banners that rotate on the image. It seems that these images are likely in the ANIM file type in my cloned package but, again, the Animated Texture Editor does not work. I'm not sure what else I can use to edit this type of file.

Any suggestions?

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 14th May 2015 at 9:15 PM
I just tried and it works for me (well, I have only opened the wrapper window without changing anything).
I have S3PE 14-0222.

I think you can also edit them with Grid (also for importing/exporting textures, of course it's less easy that way).

If you want I can try to edit it for you ^^
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th May 2015 at 9:23 PM Last edited by heaven : 14th May 2015 at 9:56 PM.
Hmm, that's weird. I made sure my S3PE is up to date, which should be that version. Now I'm wondering if I should uninstall/reinstall S3PE. Can you show me a screenshot of what it looks like when it opens?

Edit to add: Nope, uninstalling/reinstalling did not work.

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Inventor
#4 Old 14th May 2015 at 10:04 PM
Here it is.
Screenshots
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th May 2015 at 10:05 PM Last edited by heaven : 14th May 2015 at 10:39 PM.
Thank you for the picture. Looks like that's exactly what I need. Just need to get it working. Haha.

I'd really love to figure out why this isn't working for me. Especially with a reinstall. All I can think is that I somehow installed them incorrectly but that seems pretty difficult to do, given that I did just as instructed in the Getting Started directions.

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th May 2015 at 12:12 PM
Still no success in getting them working. I gave the Model Viewer a try as well and it does not work either. I tried it with Texture Tweaker as well - no dice. It starts but closes silently without ever showing up. However, if I move the folder and don't change the path in TT3, I get an error so it's doing SOMETHING when installed. Just nothing I can see.

Arsil, do you happen to know what version you're using of the wrappers? This download is s3piwrappers-r217. And where are yours installed?

Inventor
#7 Old 15th May 2015 at 12:50 PM
Uhm... yeah, it should be the same version that I've got.

It has been a long time since I installed the program/wrappers, but I think you just have to
extract the content of the archive in the S3PE installation dir (I have the no-install version).
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th May 2015 at 1:05 PM
Lightbulb!

I used WinRAR to extract. I needed to use 7Zip. I have NO idea why (I just remembered having the same issue with a simlogical download ages ago) but now everything works.

Instructor
#9 Old 20th Dec 2015 at 1:18 AM
Sorry for necro-ing this thread, but I was running into this problem as well and 7-Zip worked--thank you!

I was letting Windows 8.1, which has built-in zip support, automatically extract the file, so it looks like WinRAR is not the only utility that doesn't work with the wrappers. Weird...
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Dec 2015 at 2:24 PM
I think it's something weird with 7zip actually. If it's packed with it, it has to be extracted with it. As far as I know, I've never run into this problem with any other programs. Oh well, glad that this was helpful to you!