Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2014 at 2:33 AM
Default Plantsim aspiration and rewards
I'm currently playing a family with a number of plantsims playing dominant roles, which is new for me (I usually use them as laborers and don't pay much attention to them otherwise, and judging by the supernaturals thread, many of you guys do that too) but now I'm trying to include them as more active parts of the story. So how do you, my fellow simmers, play plantsims in general? I'm specifically interested in what lifetime aspirations you use for plantsims, and what rewards you buy them. Also, on a more technical note; do the aspiration rewards in the "needs" category and the need-related rewards for other aspirations have any effect on plantsims? For example, does having the "slow hygiene decay" effect the decay of a plantsim's water need, or are they just a waste of points?
Advertisement
Undead Molten Llama
#2 Old 3rd Apr 2014 at 4:46 AM
I play PlantSims often, and never as laborers-to-be-ignored. They come into my game in many different ways. Either it's in their "genes" (Because they have have a plantsim parent) or they're exposed to a lot of plant spray because they are non-organic farmers (and thus are allowed to use plant spray for bug control), or they get abducted by aliens and come back as a plant, thanks to Boiling Oil's "Alien Experiments" hack. They are probably my favorite of the supernaturals, actually, aside from aliens...Which are so common in my hoods that, frankly, I don't think of them as "supernatural."

Anyway, it seems to me that the Plantsim needs are the equivalent of "regular" needs. Sunlight = Hunger, Water = Hygiene, and Love = Social. That said, I don't know that they are directly linked in the same way. Like, you can make a Plant eat food, but it doesn't increase their Sunlight motive. But you can have your Plant take a shower and it does increase their Water motive, like a shower increases Hygiene on a regular Sim. Or, you can have a Plant call someone to chat on the phone, and it will increase their Love motive just as Social increases for a regular Sim. But then, some of them seem to work the opposite. Like, you can have a Plant play with a baby and if the baby throws up on the Plant, it increases the Plant's Water motive, which is the opposite of what the same event does to Hygiene for a regular Sim.

So, obviously, the equivalency is not direct. It's more subtle than that which I, personally, think is cool. Interesting question about the aspiration benefits. though. I apply them in a systematic way to all my pixels, including Plants...but I can't say that I've ever noticed whether or not they actually have any effect on Plants. It would be an interesting thing to test in a side-by-side study of two Plantsims, one with the motive benefit and one without. Time to break out the Neighborhood of Testing Weird Shit! Well, unless someone else has looked at the coding of this, of course.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 3rd Apr 2014 at 8:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
or they get abducted by aliens and come back as a plant, thanks to Boiling Oil's "Alien Experiments" hack.

They abducted a cow once. They never did it again.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 3rd Apr 2014 at 8:57 PM
I'm thinking of putting a cow mascot through college(got one moved into the Urle Oersha Cham house) and then find some way to plantsim him. It would be the first time I would ever have a playable cowplant.