Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Sep 2016 at 9:53 PM Last edited by ihatemandatoryregister : 7th Sep 2016 at 1:34 AM.
Default Soup Kitchen: A Free Lunch
This is a re-creation of a soup kitchen lot I created years ago. I created it in AGS with University and Open for Business and noCC. No Sims touched the lot before packaging and didn't see any routing issues when I tested it.

Downstairs is the cafeteria area with multiple tables. Upstairs are some skilling/OFB crafting tables (for moneymaking purposes) and a washroom with showers. It's not terribly decorated which was a conscious choice as the organization running it probably only has so many funds to spread around.

I'm looking for feedback on it.

It requires Inge's hack for ijStoveNPCalwaysPatch for the stove to be functional. http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...ims2_Eating.htm

I forgot to take pictures. Sorry.

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: stupid imgur. Anyways, pics attached.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  soupkitchen.zip (859.9 KB, 5 downloads) - View custom content
Description: soup kitchen

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Sep 2016 at 9:57 PM
Well, take pictures now and add them when you can. That way those of us without the hack can make helpful suggestions even if we can't playtest it. You'll also be ahead on the upload thread (assuming that certain views remain constant).

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Sep 2016 at 11:47 PM
I've added a link to the screenshots in the first post.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#4 Old 7th Sep 2016 at 1:00 AM
I can only see two by going to imgur and if I hit "Next Post" I go to something completely unrelated. Just attach them to the post. If you want people to do things, you have to make it as easy as possible, or make it profitable. You're not going to pay me and I'm not going to learn to navigate a new hosting service for this purpose.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Sep 2016 at 1:33 AM
Bloody hell, imgur...anyways, I had to convert the jpegs and downsample the quality in order to get them within filesize limits. I hope they'll suffice.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 7th Sep 2016 at 2:29 AM
Going from the first picture

I would extend a path from stairs to foot path.
Make a garden bed possibly along that front area behind the putter
Add a window to that left side
Change the 'tower' Not sure to what but I don't think it works.

Change up some of the outside colour, even if it's just paint on the roof peak ends.

Maybe see if upstairs can be divided into rooms

Plant a tree or two and add terrain paint under them, also under the sapling already there.

The bathroom looks too large and open. I would make the shower section with a wall and arch way or maybe just a wall.

Downstairs looks good, maybe place some seating in the front area.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#7 Old 7th Sep 2016 at 2:39 AM
That's better (though I would need actual floorplan shots before I could judge the layout - I can't put the different shots together mentally very well).

It looks clean and pleasant as such places go. I like the shed roof lining up with the gable for an assymmetrical effect. I think it would look better with a pitched roof than the flat one over the stacked bays, unless you put a dormer or something up there so people could use the telescope. The biggest problem I see is the toilet/shower room - they need to be separate, or the toilet needs to be in a stall, or there'll be constant shooing. The communal shower only affects showering, it does not remove the modesty coding on using the commode. Also, you'll need more than one commode!

It'll take a number of mods to make this run properly, so make sure you don't forget to list them all! In addition to skilling on community lots and the dorm cook in a main hood mod, the last time I tried to find a job with a computer on a community lot, it wouldn't let me, so you may need a mod for that too. Wardrobes, ditto. (Or something in my game is blocking it.) They can make serious inroads on badges here, I see, and you can get those on community lots so that's good. But I don't see a makeover chair. That would be good, not only for badge building, but for getting clients ready for job interviews. The only mirror I see is the one in the shower room, and those are good to have for the client to gussy up in.

The only routing fails I see waiting to happen are the shower room and the object staircase. Modular stairs allow for much, much easier movement between floors.

Aesthetic details: Pavement from the stairs to the sidewalk. Terrain paint under the tree and swing, and leading from the sidewalk and stairs to the golf game and swings (or put them on a little patio). A rug in front of the door to wipe muddy shoes on. The actual doormats in the game are all one-tile, which is annoying, but the oval braided rug would look good.

Theorist
#8 Old 7th Sep 2016 at 5:34 PM
You could use the job seeking noticeboard instead of computers http://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/20...ob-seeking.html I'm not sure if this is updated for AL or not.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#9 Old 7th Sep 2016 at 9:11 PM
That mod is available on MTS! http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=318435

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Sep 2016 at 10:14 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone. I'll take a look at the lot again in a few days. (I find that looking at something again after I've forgotten most of the details - not that it's difficult with this brain - makes me notice the problems I didn't see the first time. Plus this weather is making me feel not at my best...)

The computers aren't just for job-searching. I was also thinking about emailing family members or using Monique's hacked computer to write articles for a bit of extra cash.