Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2016 at 9:18 PM
Default Custom Radio Stations
So, what custom stations do you guys have in your games? I have three: Classic Rock, Alternative Rock, and rickroll.

Classic rock is pretty much a bunch of tracks I like - I'm only 23, but I grew up on a lot of this stuff.

The alt-rock station was devised completely by one of my non-simming friends - and he put quite the effort into it, trimming down some of the longer songs and such (his cuts are better/more seamless than some actual ones I've heard on the radio )

And I throw on the rickroll station when I'm recording a video of something in-game for my friends and want to bug them.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 30th Mar 2016 at 9:20 PM
I use TS1 music in my game, so mine are all of each EP :p

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Scholar
#3 Old 30th Mar 2016 at 9:22 PM
I wouldn't even know how to *make* a custom radio station in TS2. And maybe it's not important enough to me, 'cuz I ain't trying to find out either...
Forum Resident
#4 Old 30th Mar 2016 at 9:25 PM
I made one some year ago with just random music I like, so mostly punk and new wave. And today I took in some 60's music too, but I put that in the "Oldies"-file, and other game-soundtrack in "Pop".

I am Error.
Alchemist
#5 Old 30th Mar 2016 at 9:54 PM Last edited by omglo : 30th Mar 2016 at 10:11 PM.
I don't really have custom stations, but I've added music with Simlish lyrics from Sims 3 and 4 into their appropriate folders. If I could find enough in a certain style, I'd make a new folder, but I like the immersive atmosphere that Simlish music creates.
Scholar
#6 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BoilingOil
I wouldn't even know how to *make* a custom radio station in TS2. And maybe it's not important enough to me, 'cuz I ain't trying to find out either...

It's easy - it's in the Music section in the options panel. I think the button looks like a speaker.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 3:08 PM
I just use the existing stations and sort different songs into whichever one seems more or less appropriate. The country music station has a bunch of Johnny Cash and some bluegrass covers over Melissa Etheridge songs. The Techno station has the Sims1 disco music. Oldies has Buddy Holly and the Everley Brothers. Aretha Franklin's in R&B. I've managed to sort Melissa Etheridge into a lot of different stations.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#8 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 4:01 PM
When I was younger I made a custom channel that was just My Chemical Romance, and that one simlish Good Charlotte song

Now adays I don't add my own music. A lot of the time I don't play with headphones in - so I'm often telling them to turn down that racket so I'm not bugging my Fiancé in the same room as me, as well as I'd find it a little repetitive and distracting because I can't help but sing along when I hear my favourite songs. If I did though, I'd mostly be adding to the Oldies station. I think "Tutti Frutti" and "Be Bop A Lula" would fit in quite well with Simlish music.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Scholar
#9 Old 1st Apr 2016 at 12:58 AM
I created four custom stations for my custom music. S.I.M.S (Sims International Music Station), which holds pop and rock songs; The Rhythm Station, for R&B; Sakura Radio, for J-Pop and anime music and Ume Radio, also for J-Pop and anime (I have a lot of that).
Scholar
#10 Old 1st Apr 2016 at 11:15 AM
I tend to add to the pre-existing stations rather than make new stations, probably because I rarely have the radio on for very long, so I still haven't got bored of the music that shipped with the game.
Test Subject
#11 Old 2nd Apr 2016 at 3:23 AM
I have two Custom Radio Stations, the first is of rock (in general) and the second is of metal (because i don't like the in-game metal station)
Mad Poster
#12 Old 2nd Apr 2016 at 3:20 PM
I have one with 70s/80s music as well as my WooHoo station with music to get my Sims in the mood. Though with ACR and other like mods, my Romance Sims usually don't need that much enticement.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13 Old 2nd Apr 2016 at 3:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
WooHoo station with music to get my Sims in the mood.

that made me laugh so much!
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 11:22 AM
I replaced classical with medieval music for my medieval hood.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 12:13 PM
I just mute the music and use my own external player :shrug:

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Theorist
#16 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 12:43 PM
I do not use custom stations, but have instead simply replaced the music of some of the existing stations (including community lot speaker only stations).

- Hip-Hop now plays music by Sigur Rós (on an unrelated note - they announced the start of another tour...can't wait to see them live again :lovestruc )
- R&B now plays some of my favorite Frank Sinatra, Andrea Bocelli and Sims 1 songs
- Techno now plays Hitchcock's Psycho soundtrack (Bernard Herrmann) and select Sims 1 songs
- Pop now plays select Sims 1 songs and my favorites from the Prague and London Philharmonic Orchestra
- Metal now plays The Dark Knight and Inception soundtracks (Hans Zimmer)
- Country plays Sims 1 country music instead (found it more tolerable)
- Reggae was swapped for the Oblivion soundtrack (M83)
- Classical now plays a collection of Yo-Yo Ma's unaccompanied cello suites

And for those of you who never played The Sims 1 or have not heard the music in years, there is a YouTube channel of the complete TS1 music collection.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard