Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 1:44 AM
Default Game Tries to Uninstall When Disc is Put in
I have had WA and Generations on my laptop for two years, maybe more, and I play regularly. Just recently, in the last few months, whenever I put my Generations disc into the computer, it asks me if I want to uninstall it. Of course, I do not. A few weeks ago I had to uninstall my game because of a crashing issue, and I thought perhaps that would fix this, but I just put the disc in today, and it asked me if I was sure I wanted to uninstall it again. I am very confused, please help?

future paleontologist
montana state university
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 7:07 PM
isnt this just an autorun feature you can easily ignore? simply close the window (dont un-install of course!) and start the game as you normally did (via launcher, exe or cc magic) i remember that a nasty window opens for me too when i insert the game disc, but i simply "x" it and thats it then

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 3:05 AM
I can, and I do, but I am just trying to figure out why it does this

future paleontologist
montana state university
Forum Resident
#4 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 7:11 AM
If you're using Windows 7, press the Start button, type "autorun" without quotes and hit Enter. From this menu, you can select how Windows treats inserted software. For example, I have my PC set to ask me every time. Your PC is probably set to install or run software, so you can set it to ask you every time or not do anything at all.

In the future, you'll want to ask for help in the TS3 Help board.

"Given enough time, hydrogen starts to wonder where it came from, and where it is going." - Edward R. Harrison
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 3:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticdinosaurs
I can, and I do, but I am just trying to figure out why it does this

Todays software is helpful to the point where I understand people in wheelchairs screaming: Thank you, but I can do this on my own, and this routine is one of the first signs of this "revolution". So there is no "why" except that there are many people on this planet whose job description is that they solve problems, and sometimes there are no problems, so that is the problem they solve.

nraas no-cd-patch comes to mind, by the way. https://nraas.wikispaces.com/NoCD