Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 3:20 PM
Default Castaways Hacks, Cheats and Custom Content?
Has anyone figured out what works and what doesn't work in Castaways?

I have read that new MESHES will work for objects and clothing. And some hacks will work.

But I have not seen any of this confirmed.

I tried doing "family funds" and I got a nasty message :howdy: (LOL) so I guess that doesn't work.

Aging on/off is suppose to work.

Any hints as to what does work would be greatly appreciated!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 3:24 PM
my insim for bon voyage works is just in a diff folder and is no ground pointing and no teleporting all other fuctions work for resources cheat use motherlode it works
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 3:35 PM
Thanks!

I am having a devil of a time making some of the Skills rise - the chess table doesn't (on the community lot in Free Play) raise logic as it is suppose to and it is driving me crazy

I didn't really want to add all of the $50,000 that is Motherlode - just about 1000 - hmmm
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 3:56 PM
mappam, try 'kaching'.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Forum Resident
#5 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 4:22 PM
the insim items show in surfaces folder you have too enable custom content for it to show up it is in the options screen show custom content
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 5:48 PM
Thanks - forgot about doing the Custom Content thing! oops!

Yup - Kaching gives you $1000 - Perfect!
#7 Old 16th Feb 2008 at 12:32 AM
In Free Play 'moveObjects on' is not working for me. Does any one know if the is a cheat like this that does work the same?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#8 Old 16th Feb 2008 at 9:20 AM
I would really -strongly- advise against using ANY hacks in Castaway Stories (or any of the other Stories series games), especially ones that do as much as the InSIMenator. InSIM has to be updated for each expansion pack just to prevent usually pretty serious conflicts and game errors caused by it - putting it into Castaway is probably a Very Bad Idea. Just because it shows up and has some things that work doesn't mean that it's not causing issues and errors elsewhere.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
#9 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 3:03 AM
Is it possible for me to have a downloads folder for Castway? Differnt pcs....
Sockpuppet
#10 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 3:19 PM
Who knows why ?
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
I would really -strongly- advise against using ANY hacks in Castaway Stories (or any of the other Stories series games), especially ones that do as much as the InSIMenator. InSIM has to be updated for each expansion pack just to prevent usually pretty serious conflicts and game errors caused by it - putting it into Castaway is probably a Very Bad Idea. Just because it shows up and has some things that work doesn't mean that it's not causing issues and errors elsewhere.

But there is no mod for Castaway ! Why ?

What is the problem ?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#11 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 4:00 PM
Because it's not a very popular game with modders, and it's really not worth the trouble to mod it when it's so limited. Sure, yeah, it's fun to play through the story - once. Once you're done, it's basically just like a cut-down version of TS2. May as well go back and actually play TS2.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
#12 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 2:57 AM
I do kind of wish that someone played it enough to figure out how to put the waterfall onto a personal lot once story mode is done, or else how to make that lot available.

My favorite lot and i can't get to live on it for long.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 2:37 PM
Reyn, look here:

http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=80875

I changed the Shady Lagoon (the lot with the waterfall) to a residential lot with the SimPe, and uploaded the file there (page 2). Credits go to Lady Moiraine, for her tutorial.

You have to save the original lot of hood 0001, and paste the uploaded lot. If you finish the story line, and still want to play there - you will find it still with the castaways tents (those who chased Jessica from the lot).
#14 Old 24th Jul 2008 at 10:12 AM
Arogers has made the castaway waterfall buyable and it apparently works in the Castaway Stories game. You can get it at MATY in Peasantry and the thread title is CS WaterFall.
#15 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 11:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mappam
Thanks!

I am having a devil of a time making some of the Skills rise - the chess table doesn't (on the community lot in Free Play) raise logic as it is suppose to and it is driving me crazy

I didn't really want to add all of the $50,000 that is Motherlode - just about 1000 - hmmm

How can i unlock the Story Rewards?