Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#51 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 10:16 PM
Id rather not go for that type of business model i don't feel there's any use for my sims then if that isn't their job of running the store, i'm fine with 2/3k profits i'm already at 100k simoleons now lol doesn't take long at all, i may not make 10k in 8 hrs but i don't have to hire anyone nor use Susie any more, she still has her job as well earning 1,113 simoleons with 4 days off but within 3/4 sim days i'm earning over 10k with the flower store alone it might not be instant earning but it's a lot more fun.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#52 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 11:08 PM
Not everyone wants the fast max profit model kind of shop. I don't want my sims making 10K profits in 8 hours in small family run businesses, not unless the storyline is they are a mogul or shark.

Pygsmyemm If you think you have a bug you might want to post a question to the help board. If you are happy with how the shop is going then that is good. I'm not sure if anything changed from your first post making this thread though??

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#53 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 11:35 PM
I'm not saying you need to make tons of money if you don't want to. I'm saying it's way too much micromanagement in any functioning business to restock things manually by selling the out of stock signs and buying the item again.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#54 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 11:58 PM
Oh I do that sometimes. One example is the single serve of lunch foods at my cafe. I have her make enough to stock the chiller and grab them with the hand tool as they sell. Once those are gone I turn on the ticket machine and sims start using Exems dessert cart. Kind of like two shops in one? I also did that on a farm where all the stock died and the sim managed by digging up stuff, painting and knitting 'piles' I then had them sell it on their verandah. The only thing they could restock was the knitted piles.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#55 Old 25th Sep 2018 at 1:45 AM
Sure, but if you did that all the time, running businesses would be a pain in the ass.
Instructor
Original Poster
#56 Old 25th Sep 2018 at 9:35 PM
it's really not lol it helps you keep track of your profits and expenses a lot more easily, you aren't spending more than you need to and all the sims and NPCs have conformed to what i'm doing muwhaha because of all the customer loyalty they now take 1 - 3 items and pay for it straight away i have them well trained, i could sell more of the same items since Fruitless Fig Trees, Bared Teeth by Tope-O-Rama the huge potted plant and the Bodacious Bonsai's are the best items in the game to sell without making your expenses shoot far too high it's a shame we're so limited to only being able to sell like 20 of the plant items you don't make much profit from items before the Bodacious Bonsai's i wish i had some candles or something worth at least 200 each so i could sell them in my shop. i'm definitely not having issues making money now thanks to your guys tips i just have to work on making my shop look like it's got more stuff in it now it looks too empty.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#57 Old 25th Sep 2018 at 11:07 PM
You can also put some things out to make the shop look fuller, but not set for sale. I have some deco sandwiches that I decorate the top of my chiller in my tiny cafe that I mentioned above.

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#58 Old 26th Sep 2018 at 11:39 PM
Yeh i've seen some of you guys jsut putting things in for fancy, is it possible at all to do anything with the cheaper flowers except for decoration? You can sell those little horse ornaments though called Dramatically Rearing Horse they sell for the same as Bodacious Bonzai's at Expensive i might have a little section just for ornaments too just gotta see how that goes first, that's a gd idea for a flower shop.
Mad Poster
#59 Old 27th Sep 2018 at 12:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pygsmyemm
it's really not lol it helps you keep track of your profits and expenses a lot more easily, you aren't spending more than you need to and all the sims and NPCs have conformed to what i'm doing muwhaha because of all the customer loyalty they now take 1 - 3 items and pay for it straight away i have them well trained, i could sell more of the same items since Fruitless Fig Trees, Bared Teeth by Tope-O-Rama the huge potted plant and the Bodacious Bonsai's are the best items in the game to sell without making your expenses shoot far too high it's a shame we're so limited to only being able to sell like 20 of the plant items you don't make much profit from items before the Bodacious Bonsai's i wish i had some candles or something worth at least 200 each so i could sell them in my shop. i'm definitely not having issues making money now thanks to your guys tips i just have to work on making my shop look like it's got more stuff in it now it looks too empty.

Not really. They all resolve when you close and everyone pays anyway. If your entire store sells out before that happens and you aren't using motive cheats, your prices are too low anyway. You're always going to make a profit if you have no employees because the wholesale price is always less. I have run into issue with employees consuming all of the profit, but only when I was running a bookstore and selling books for 34 simoleons each, and even then, I was just about breaking even. So if your prices are higher than that, you can pay for a few employees.

I always like selling some craftables even if they aren't super profitable or quick to make (although there is a mod here that makes crafting twice as fast), just for the fun of it. Just selling buy mode items is kind of boring, even if it's easier and make more money. Besides, how else are my untalented sims going to buy snapdragons and sentrybots?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#60 Old 27th Sep 2018 at 1:00 AM
You can also use extracted game objects including sentry bots and snap dragons and restock them as per other items.

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#61 Old 27th Sep 2018 at 1:08 AM
Yeh of course i'll sell Snapdragons just probs not every opening like every other time but then you make less when selling them since you don't make much on them so gotta put more items i'm happy with just making 2k - 4k my sims aren't gonna be big business multi-millionairs lol it's too OP making so much money at once too not sure what any sims will possibly do with even 100k lying around once they have a nice house and everything they need, definitely won't need to open up shop for a good while, even if they have families it's still like a lot of money.
Page 3 of 3