Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 9:02 AM
Default MATD files in SimPE?
This might be a rather noobish question and I apologize if it's been asked several times before, but I could not find an answer to it. I'm trying to change the color of the lenses of glasses. For this there is a tutorial, but my problem is that I have no idea how to find or access the MATD files that I should be editing in SimPE. It feels like a silly thing to get stuck on, so if anyone could just point me in the right direction here, I'd be very grateful!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 5:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by qan
This might be a rather noobish question and I apologize if it's been asked several times before, but I could not find an answer to it. I'm trying to change the color of the lenses of glasses. For this there is a tutorial, but my problem is that I have no idea how to find or access the MATD files that I should be editing in SimPE. It feels like a silly thing to get stuck on, so if anyone could just point me in the right direction here, I'd be very grateful!

That must be a really old tutorial. I couldn't figure it out, either, until I Googled some old tutorials on glasses and had a look in SimPE. It looks like MATD is just another name for TXMT... of which there should be plenty.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 6:12 PM
Oh I see, thank you! That makes it a lot easier to understand, heh.

And yes, the turorial I was looking at was dated 2005 :B
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 6:23 PM
Yeah - I still don't know why the 'new' (as in... eight years old ) acronym for Material Definition is TXMT.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.