Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#101 Old 11th Nov 2006 at 8:02 PM
So wait..I think I'm a little confused. Is the stuff pack that's just coming out the same as the holiday edition that came out some time ago? Because I kind of wanted the holiday edition, but I already had the base game and didn't think I could get it. If I get the stuff pack, is it the same thing? Or different? Or the same thing with some stuff added? Sorry, I'm just confused. I should just be able to get the stuff pack and it would be the same thing plus the new items, yes?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 5:06 AM
Where is the serial number for the Happy Holiday Pack?! I got mine from Wal-Mart and there was NO serial number on the back of the booklet - or ANYWHERE else.

I brought it back and we opened up another - SAME thing. What is going on? Why can't EA check their boxes? Or tell us if they made a change?

I am very upset. Now I have no way I can ever get to use Happy Holiday Pack. :weep: This is so unfair!!
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#103 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 5:14 AM
It's usually on the book - I'd take the copy back and ask for a new one.

edit: you might want to try explaining the situation and having staff check other boxes.

it might be a complete screw up on EA's end
#104 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 6:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by craptastic
So wait..I think I'm a little confused. Is the stuff pack that's just coming out the same as the holiday edition that came out some time ago? Because I kind of wanted the holiday edition, but I already had the base game and didn't think I could get it. If I get the stuff pack, is it the same thing? Or different? Or the same thing with some stuff added? Sorry, I'm just confused. I should just be able to get the stuff pack and it would be the same thing plus the new items, yes?

that's my understanding, yes. It's last year's stuff plus this year's stuff, in a stuff pack.
Field Researcher
#105 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 7:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by yamikuronue
that's my understanding, yes. It's last year's stuff plus this year's stuff, in a stuff pack.

Ah, okay. Thank you very much
Test Subject
#106 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 9:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gab1279
Where is the serial number for the Happy Holiday Pack?! I got mine from Wal-Mart and there was NO serial number on the back of the booklet - or ANYWHERE else.

I brought it back and we opened up another - SAME thing. What is going on? Why can't EA check their boxes? Or tell us if they made a change?

I am very upset. Now I have no way I can ever get to use Happy Holiday Pack. :weep: This is so unfair!!

It's the same with my copy.
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#107 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 9:12 AM
Have you guys tried installing it? Maybe it doesn't ask for a serial?

Last years holiday pack didn't require one.
Lab Assistant
#108 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 10:11 AM
It doesn't ask for a serial.
#109 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 3:00 AM
Nope, it doesn't ask for a serial and you don't use the Happy Holiday disc to play either. You have to use the disc for whatever pack you installed before it.
Lab Assistant
#110 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 8:01 AM
I cannot tell what my thought are. Of course I am going to buy them, but only for the extra items. The thought of Mini Packs and Stuff Packs are great for EA Games and great for us. Yes they maybe a bit on the expensive side, but they are worth it if you don't like custom content!

*´")
..·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´Wil-Redfern*¨)¸;*
#111 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 6:55 AM
i have some questions on this holiday edition. I don't have sims 2 yet and i'm getting this holiday edition. this is the version which consist of the sims 2 + happy holiday stuff 2 in 1 right, that means whenever i run the sims 2, it will show up all the christmas stuff? even i play it maybe next year May the christmas stuff will still show up? kind of weird 'cos different season.
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#112 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 10:53 AM
it'll show up in your buy catalog regardless of what version you get.
Field Researcher
#113 Old 3rd Dec 2006 at 3:49 PM
Has anyone tried installing the 2006 pack OVER the 2005 pack? I have last years, really want the new stuff, but can't download it, and I am considering just buying the new one and throwing it in. Just wondering if anyone has done this, and/or if you think it will work without blowing my pc up. Thanks!!!
#114 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 5:35 AM
I think it just overwrites the "old" objects, and shows the new ones .
Im so dissapointed cause I have the pack from 2005, and I dont feel amuzed at buiying the same things again just to get the new things. I probably skip this one.I really only wanted that santa-sculpture and the less thick christmastree. I´ll live....

Edit: But I just realised they release a "mini-pack" with this years 20 items only!
(Happy again!)
#115 Old 17th Dec 2006 at 7:51 PM
Default Sims 2 Holiday Edition vs. just the Holiday add-on.
I have everything available for Sims 2 except Pets and holiday. I was looking for the holiday add-on so my dear husband got me the Sims 2 Holiday Edition thinking he was getting me the holiday add-on pack only. He watches me play Sims 2 sometimes and he is also a gamer, but he always thought it looked like to much work. It worked out well, as I suggested that I just give him the money and Sims 2 can be one of my Christmas gifts to him. He loved the idea and was reluctant to admit it. The bonus is we both get the holiday pack for free. I can't wait to see him get into it like I do. I know he will.
#116 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 7:28 PM
Default Um...
Is it possible to get you christmas tree not set on fire? :err:
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 24th Jan 2007 at 3:52 AM
nope! lol i just put the sprinkler from uni on the roof above it and let it catch on fire when it wants. but you ave to delete and rebuy it cos it doesnt let you turn the lights on
i'm a litle dissapointed at the fact that there are no icons or anything for it, i was scared when i got it, thinking that it didnt install properly and all my families were lost, so i installed it again and then read the manual. eventually i ot sick of no icons and made a collection file for everything.
#118 Old 17th Jun 2008 at 5:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by discordkitty
Yeah I got FFS via the EA Downloader and let me tell you I will *never* get another game this way. I have Glamour Life with the disc and I am positively elated to be back to a disc. When the ea downloader is offline or being worked on - you don't get to play your game because you can't log in to verify ownership! Forget that again.

yeah, about that...how do you verify ownership? because i can't play the game at all. it tells me i have to verify ownership before I can launch teh game, and there seems to be no where to actually do it...
Banned
#119 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 12:49 AM
I'm considering buying the Holiday Stuff pack, but all I ever hear about is that it comes with holiday objects and outfits. Does anything else come with it? Extra options, different party themes, Santa, etc? I would like to know what else it has other than the objects and clothes.
Lab Assistant
#120 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 9:34 PM
it's mostly just clothes and holiday stuff but there are several international outfits and objects, too. with the cornucopia in your house, your sims can make christmas cookies and a crown roast. santa comes if you put up the slim tree and a plate of cookies. you can also have new year's parties where father time turns into baby new year at the end. this sp has my all time favorite thing: funky the snowman. it's a snowman on a speaker that plays christmas carols and dances.
#121 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 3:48 AM
I had a habit of misplacing the codes for both of the Sims 2 Holiday Editions and I am wanting to add the 2006 version back to my collection. Will there be another edition released for TS2 or just TS3? I would like to know before I order online to have it shipped to me. Thanks.
Page 5 of 5