Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#76 Old 27th Apr 2007 at 12:39 PM
I've read that H&M does do kids clothes, so not sure why they don't have any.

This is the most blatant commercilism we've seen from Maxis and it dissapoints me. Its advetising in the game and I really don't like it. Make up a brand name!
Advertisement
Instructor
#77 Old 27th Apr 2007 at 12:51 PM
I'm split on the clothes that I have seen in those screenshots. Half of them I really like and half of them I really don't. I do really like all of the clothing store items though...those are great! I'll get this one, but then I have gotten all of the stuff packs so far. I too prefer Maxis items over custom...especially clothes. I never have been very impressed with most custom clothes, but then that could have something to do with my age.

*doesn't care if she gets burned at the stake for that statement* :P

Dream
Top Secret Researcher
#78 Old 27th Apr 2007 at 1:05 PM
Omg dont ya just love that green dress with sneakers in the first picture? (well except the colors). Lots of great meshes i see there, finally a stuff pack i'll buy and install. lol

You will find my older and newest creations here
Test Subject
#79 Old 27th Apr 2007 at 10:33 PM
Oh no. I've been waiting years for there to be a Sims 2 game about fashion. Now that my pc absolutely REFUSES to play Sims 2 (it doesn't work at all and I've had to uninstall everything Sims related) they bring one out! This sucks. Majorly.
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 28th Apr 2007 at 6:55 PM
The official site has a lot of pictures now with what you'll get if you buy the stuff pack. I think that and nothing more will be included in the pack. I do love the clothing though.

http://thesims2.ea.com/about/sp5_renders.php
#81 Old 28th Apr 2007 at 8:00 PM
No, that's not everything. That's just mostly adult female clothes. Not all the male adult outfits are shown, none of the teen outfits are shown, and neither are the kids clothes. And I know there's kids clothes, because in the video, it shows at least one kid outfit.
#82 Old 28th Apr 2007 at 10:12 PM
I am not totally sold on this pack. I actually have not bought any of them.. they just don't seem worth it to me.

With this.. sure some of the clothes look cute, but i hate Maxis shoes.. they make the feet so big and there are no true high heels.. they are more like pumps.. they totally take away from the outfits.. in my opinion.

I already have things to make a store.. and I don't do things with runways.. this pack is just as useless to me as the others :/
#83 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 1:35 AM
omg i was at H&M today!

lmafo, there are two in my town

but i really adore their stuff, for guys and girls, so i totally can't wait for it, and if it comes out june 6th, i can buy it on my bday as a gift to myself :D
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 1st May 2007 at 12:32 PM
ShortyBoo, I don't know about the teen clothing, but there is one child outfit shown.
I'm not talking about the screenshots btw, I'm talking about the item renders.
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 2nd May 2007 at 8:09 PM
^ There were one or two teen outfits in there

Wow these look so great, I wasn't sure about the styles in the first screen shots but these renders look amazing. I'll definitely get this, and i've never got a stuff pack before.
Alchemist
#86 Old 3rd May 2007 at 4:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DizzySim
I am not totally sold on this pack. I actually have not bought any of them.. they just don't seem worth it to me.

With this.. sure some of the clothes look cute, but i hate Maxis shoes.. they make the feet so big and there are no true high heels.. they are more like pumps.. they totally take away from the outfits.. in my opinion.

I already have things to make a store.. and I don't do things with runways.. this pack is just as useless to me as the others :/

I'm like you. I personally don't do stuff packs. I haven't seen anything to write home about in any stuff pack that you can't find on fan sites.
#87 Old 4th May 2007 at 4:09 AM
I have to say I'll get it. I have everything else already anyhow - and I do like the counters and the register, and I'd like some more Male clothes.

I know. I'm weak.
Field Researcher
#88 Old 4th May 2007 at 4:14 AM
Am I the only one who thinks some of those clothes are awful? Ah, I'll probably end up buying it anyway, despite my poor, old computers' protesting.

Simberry Fields
A "For Sims, By Sims" City
#89 Old 4th May 2007 at 4:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IntrepidLlama
Am I the only one who thinks some of those clothes are awful?
No, you're not. We may be the only two who think some of those clothes are hideous though, lmao. Not only do these preview pictures not make me want to buy this stuff pack, it makes me not want to shop at H&M when one finally opens at the mall near my house next month! :banned:
Forum Resident
#90 Old 5th May 2007 at 9:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zora
No, you're not. We may be the only two who think some of those clothes are hideous though, lmao. Not only do these preview pictures not make me want to buy this stuff pack, it makes me not want to shop at H&M when one finally opens at the mall near my house next month! :banned:

I also agree with you on this. Alot of the clothes look very plain and wooden like Maxis clothes often do. They look very 60's. I will be getting it though for the counters and the H&M signs
Field Researcher
#91 Old 5th May 2007 at 7:50 PM
I'm not a huge fan of H&M clothing in general... but it looks a darn sight better than the usual rubbish maxis give us :D
#92 Old 6th May 2007 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GalacticSimmer94
I also agree with you on this. Alot of the clothes look very plain and wooden like Maxis clothes often do. They look very 60's. I will be getting it though for the counters and the H&M signs

See, I'm pretty sure I will never use any of the H&M branded items (at least until there is a de-braded recolor I make or someone else makes). But hey, I'm still buying.
#93 Old 8th May 2007 at 10:58 PM
The clothes definitely do look better than the old ones, but there's still something very Maxis about them.
I even looked up H&M on the internet, because they don't have a store where I live and was somewhat relieved to see their clothing IS better than Maxis version of it... Not quite to my tastes, but still.
The colors are dull, the textures look stiff, just like with the old maxis clothes. The meshes do look good, though. But then again, there are a lot of good meshers in the community that can make these kind of meshes for free.

...Still, this is the first stuff pack I have ever considered buying. That means they did good enough to at least draw my attention. :P
Page 4 of 4